Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Lots of Balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Can not afford Marner, it will never happen.

We can if we send out Lucic and Nurse. Thats 9.2M in contract space not including Nurse's expected raise. Lucic+Nurse+1st for Marner, Leafs flip Lucic to another team, and have the capspace for Nurses raise.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Here’s some problems with your “solution”

1. You’re conveniently trading a guy you hate with every fiber in your being, the biggest bust of 2013. How nice.

2. You don’t consider why Toronto would do this. They had Gardiner, Reilly, Muzzin and Hainsey. They don’t need another LHD.

3. There are some legit concerns with Nylander that you’re just brushing off because he held out.

Toronto played Hainsey and (IIRC) Gardiner on their off sides last year. They aren't super hung up on handedness.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
No one is taking Lucic.

Wrong after July 1st he's only owed on average 4M with a 6M cap hit. That's attractive to teams with an internal budget who wont reach the cap floor. Worst case theres a bit of retention on the deal on the leafs side. A team like Florida, New Jersey, or Columbus make a lot of sense

Reactions: McVirginOil

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
I can see Lucic being very intriguing for Ottawa to reach cap floor (and Dorion loves his character guys). Moreover, after his bonus is paid July 1st, he’s only owed $13M over the next 4 seasons in real money (also somewhat attractive for someone like Melnyk). I really think he can be offloaded to Ottawa with non-back breaking assets, it’s just a matter of his NMC and if he’d waive it. I guess it depends if he hates playing here compared to playing in Ottawa (and I’m 99% sure he hates playing here considering his trade requests in the past).

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
What dont you get that Russell in two years is gone or re-signed for next to nothing, while in two years Nurse could be making 6M+? Moving Russell is a short term fix, signing Nurse is a long term problem if we want to have some cap flexibility.
Move Russell now. Sign Nurse this season. The end

Reactions: alphahelix

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Wrong after July 1st he's only owed on average 4M with a 6M cap hit. That's attractive to teams with an internal budget who wont reach the cap floor. Worst case theres a bit of retention on the deal on the leafs side. A team like Florida, New Jersey, or Columbus make a lot of sense

Wrong. Teams don't take on 4 years of caphit. None of those teams make sense

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Id move Larsson for Nylander or Marner if that's what it costs. But I think theyd prefer Nurse with Zaitsev and Muzzin on the right side

They have to move Zaitsev he adamantly wants out, and everyone knows it. He’s top of trade bait board. So their Right side depth is Muzzin, BLANK, BLANK, BLANK. I think they’d be interested in Larsson, big time. Nurse isn’t going anywhere. There’s actually a chance that this team would be willing to take Russell without dumping salary on us, but if theres a quality piece coming back they can have Larsson.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
This tread is closed, the next one had better not turn into a Nurse crap fest now that there's a thread for such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad