Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Sources Say I've Ran Outta Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I just....i don't want hyped skill anymore.

I'm brimming with McDavid.

I'd rather worry about developing bear, Paigin, slepy, platzer our mid round picks this year, sign some college FA'S. Etc.

Also I'm not sure Eberle has that much value at 6 million. Skinner and Duchene have been rumored to be available and no one bit.

I guess I'm at the stage of "whatever" visavis the rules of acquisition.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Yeah... That is Pronger Value.

Hamonic is not Pronger.

I wonder if with the expansion draft, one of Pietro or Parayko will shake loose from STL. Parayko could very well be Pronger. I would trade a LOT of assets for Parayko.

Hamonic is miles better than Parayko and is team-controlled at $3.8m until 2020. Pronger isn't a comparable for either of them.

2016 1st round, 2016 Second round, Reinhart & RNH for Parayko, Sobotka & UFA rights to Backes.

Are you insane?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Hamonic is miles better than Parayko and is team-controlled at $3.8m until 2020. Pronger isn't a comparable for either of them.

Are you insane?

Scary thing is that offer could very realistically see the Oilers with only Parayko once Backes walks and Sobotka just continues to play in the KHL.

That's the type of package you'd only ever offer if Drew Doughty somehow became available. Literally no other d-man in the league is worth that kind of package.

Although speaking of Sobotka and unrelated to that trade idea, I wonder if he came back if Berglund might become available for a pick or two just as a cap dump from the Blues so they can bring back Sobotka and re-sign Backes.

McDavid
Drai
RNH
Berglund
Letestu

Would be good center depth and you could play Drai/RNH/Berglund on wing when everyone is healthy. Or it opens up trading RNH and you can have a legitimate 3rd line C option in hand.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
You'd think Hanomic is the second coming of Jesus, with the way Islander's fan value him on hf. I really hope is Eberle for Hanomic just to see their reactions.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
You'd think Hanomic is the second coming of Jesus, with the way Islander's fan value him on hf. I really hope is Eberle for Hanomic just to see their reactions.
yeah, Hamonic is exciting because he's available. That's what makes him more interesting than speculating about guys like Pietrangelo and OEL.

The Isles are floundering with Hamonic as their top pairing guy. He's doing a good job, but he can't carry his team the way Doughty and Pietrangelo can. If we got him, he would be on our top pairing, but that's mainly because our D is bad. It would be a dream come true to have our D to a point where our 2nd pairing is Sekera-Hamonic. Maybe that's the goal, and we don't reach it for a couple seasons yet.

I think with Hamonic, and a healthy D, we could achieve a similar position as the Isles currently. A low-impact playoff team. Of course Chia can ask around, and maybe we can solve our D in one offseason. Hamonic + (Weber, Pietrangelo, etc)

Birdperson

Mar 26, 2016
http://public.tableau.com/shared/2HGYDWPQ6?:display_count=yes

Parayko is better than Hamonic. Big, stronger, better skater.

Less proven sure, but Parayko is a very good defenseman.

We'll put it this way; Parayko is so good Blues fans think he makes Pietranglo expendable.

It's crazy, because that's not even unrealistic of them to think of. There are so few really good RHD and he has performed so well. I think they move one of Shattenkrik/Pietrangelo and let Parayko take their minutes.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

We'll put it this way; Parayko is so good Blues fans think he makes Pietranglo expendable.

I'd have to doubt if Parayko is good defensively. He is too young and he's playing in the blues system.

On the other hand, he is an Oiler fan so odds are he'd resign here. Hamonic likely not (especially if the Jets move Trouba). So that woulld have me favoring Parayko I think.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
If you actually look on the isles board in their offseason thread most islanders fans actually like a Hamonic Eberle swap. It's just a ridiculous vocal minority in the trade board.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL

Just wait until they flop in the playoffs again. Same goes for the Blues. Honestly, another Blackhawks or Kings Stanley Cup win would be a blessing for Chiarelli this summer as lots of GMs on playoff pretenders would continue to shake-up their cores.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Igor Eronko on Twitter has this quote from Yak: 'I ask for a trade and Oilers gave permission to talk to other teams, about 8 were interested but something went wrong.'

Damn. Well, bye Yak. Hope you get a fair shot in someone else's top 6.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Well if you've got a GM willing to part with a proven top pairing defenseman because a 21 year old has exceeded expectations, you take that and run.

You never pay a premium for a guy who has played half a dozen months of good hockey on a good team. That proposal would set them back years.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Igor Eronko on Twitter has this quote from Yak: 'I ask for a trade and Oilers gave permission to talk to other teams, about 8 were interested but something went wrong.'

That's a bummer if true.

He's been a gamer this year. He just hasn't clicked with anyone outside of a half-dozen games.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Yakupov isn't going to get the value by himself that we need him to have.

Hopefully he's dealt in a package or for a younger promising RHD that can start on the 3rd pairing.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
That's a bummer if true.

He's been a gamer this year. He just hasn't clicked with anyone outside of a half-dozen games.

It's a reasonable request I think. He wants to make something of his career still and doesn't see it happening here in Edmonton.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It's a reasonable request I think. He wants to make something of his career still and doesn't see it happening here in Edmonton.

No question it's reasonable. But it's a deal we're going to lose.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge

Its a shame, total failure on the part of the whole organization. He never seemed to fit in from day one. His rookie season was great but other than his time with Roy he never really found his spot in the lineup. There were better options ahead of him and **** all for veteran leadership to help him get better.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
No question it's reasonable. But it's a deal we're going to lose.

yeah, we likely lose the upcoming yakupov trade... if we do trade yakupov, unless we draft 2nd overall, i think it makes it MUCH less likely that we trade eberle... our RW depth would be simply terrible with both yak and ebs gone

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
yeah, we likely lose the upcoming yakupov trade... if we do trade yakupov, unless we draft 2nd overall, i think it makes it MUCH less likely that we trade eberle... our RW depth would be simply terrible with both yak and ebs gone

Well let's say we draft Laine, we could pull a top 9 with:

Hall
Laine
Pouliot

and

Maroon
BLANK
Kassian

So we'd need to find a scoring RW in free agency....doable with our cap space potentially.

Also could move Leon to the RW.

copperandblue897

Nov 29, 2008
Edmonton
I really hope for a roster player for him, or maybe a prospect that is close to NHL ready. A versatile two way winger (something that is what Korpikoski was supposed to be)

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Would love for Pitlick to finally make the jump next season and be healthy. However I think the organization has given up on him

aye. Pitlick becoming a scoring winger is likely beyond pipedream at this point.

He is probably Klinkhammer with a Right Shot. But it would be nice to finally have a couple prospects making the team through the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad