Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Sources Say I've Ran Outta Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
Who wants to avatar bet me Eberle is on the roster come next October.

It's probably 50/50 right after the draft if it ends up being Laine or Matthews I could seen RNH & Eberle both moved.

Eberle is a worthy asset. I think teams are really scared to make a move on RNH. Honestly Draisaitl/Mcdavid make him expendable.

The team got to see how RNH did without Mcdavid in the lineup, and then how Mcdavid did with RNH in the lineup. They weren't winning but Mcdavid was a factor. There was so many games this year you had to check if RNH was even playing.

The thing that Eberle has that RNH doesn't is he has been healthy more, but that's not against RNH he's going to end up being the 3rd best center on the team and yet the highest paid who works well with some line mates and not so well with others.

If anything I hope both are moved because we really could see a change in leadership. Would love to see Okposo or Lucic on the roster next year.

oilers89

Jun 4, 2008
Medicine Hat
Can someone refresh my memory. If you retain salary does it count towards your cap or does that just mean the retaining team pays that much of the players salary to lower the cap hit for the receiving team?

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Can someone refresh my memory. If you retain salary does it count towards your cap or does that just mean the retaining team pays that much of the players salary to lower the cap hit for the receiving team?

You take the cap hit still.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
I have this sneaking suspicion that Hall might be the one shopped instead of eberle. Dealing Rnh and Hall could garner some very nice defensive pieces.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I have this sneaking suspicion that Hall might be the one shopped instead of eberle. Dealing Rnh and Hall could garner some very nice defensive pieces.

Yea, he would definitely return way more than Eberle.

It kinda sucks though, because I don't like how Eberle floats sometimes.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Wed better have the outright best D in NHL next year

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Wed better have the outright best D in NHL next year

Having a top 10 d-core would be a huge positive for this team. I'm willing to trade anyone not named mcdavid to finally build a defensive core that would win us games and not lose them. Losing Hall would be very painful but if he gets you a true number 1 you do it all day everyday.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I don't think Hamonic is worth near that much.

Not to me anyway.

Yeah... That is Pronger Value.

Hamonic is not Pronger.

I wonder if with the expansion draft, one of Pietro or Parayko will shake loose from STL. Parayko could very well be Pronger. I would trade a LOT of assets for Parayko.

A First, a Second, a D prospect, one of Eberle / Hall / RNH.

2016 1st round, 2016 Second round, Reinhart & RNH for Parayko, Sobotka & UFA rights to Backes.

Hall - Drai - Kassian*
Maroon - McDavid - Eberle
Korpikoski - Backes - Yak*
Hendricks - Sobotka - Cracknell

Sekera - Parayko
Davidson* - Klefbom
Nurse* - Gryba

Talbot
?????

The starred players I could see swapping a little. I think you could even still after these deals try to swing for Hamonic. If you could unload Sekera & acquire Hamonic, Suddenly you are looking pretty good at RD and LD long term:

Klefbom - Parayko
Davidson - Hamonic
Nurse - Gryba

Looks pretty good with Piet in there too. Kind of a pipedream though, I imagine STL will flush out everyone else and keep Parayko & Piet.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Absolutely. Any player that is allowed to skate through goaltenders without penalty is a huge plus for a team.

I feel that his powers would be removed by putting on an Oilers jersey though :) That contact with goalies would change from not even a penalty to lengthy suspensions.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Yeah... That is Pronger Value.

Hamonic is not Pronger.

I wonder if with the expansion draft, one of Pietro or Parayko will shake loose from STL. Parayko could very well be Pronger. I would trade a LOT of assets for Parayko.

A First, a Second, a D prospect, one of Eberle / Hall / RNH.

2016 1st round, 2016 Second round, Reinhart & RNH for Parayko, Sobotka & UFA rights to Backes.

Hall - Drai - Kassian*
Maroon - McDavid - Eberle
Korpikoski - Backes - Yak*
Hendricks - Sobotka - Cracknell

Sekera - Parayko
Davidson* - Klefbom
Nurse* - Gryba

Talbot
?????

The starred players I could see swapping a little. I think you could even still after these deals try to swing for Hamonic. If you could unload Sekera & acquire Hamonic, Suddenly you are looking pretty good at RD and LD long term:

Klefbom - Parayko
Davidson - Hamonic
Nurse - Gryba

Looks pretty good with Piet in there too. Kind of a pipedream though, I imagine STL will flush out everyone else and keep Parayko & Piet.

What, god no that is awful

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Eberle (1.5 retained), Fayne and 6th overall for Hamonic, Halak 16th and 2017 2nd.

Eberle: Isles head coach recently called out his younger forwards. In an interview where he gave Lee props for taking a physical beating in front of the net, putting himself in position to score, Cappy said his younger forwards needed to do those little things to be successful/contribute.
Eberle with his soft defensive play and soft physical game, holds little interest. Isles have no cap issues, so Hamonic's trade value won't be watered down by salary retention.
The latest rumor on Okposo is that the two sides are separated by term, not $.
If an extension cannot be reached, we are more likely to see a run at Ladd or PAP, both of whom the NYI kicked the tires on at the last TDL.

Fayne: there is a reason that the isles, knowing they were looking to move Hamonic, let Fayne go by on waivers just a few months ago...he is not an upgrade in their top 4.Maybe not even an upgrade on the kids Pulock/Pelech who are expected to be in the NYI mix next season.

Only thing offered of real interest would be that pick and I don't know how highly coveted that would be.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Eberle: Isles head coach recently called out his younger forwards. In an interview where he gave Lee props for taking a physical beating in front of the net, putting himself in position to score, Cappy said his younger forwards needed to do those little things to be successful/contribute.
Eberle with his soft defensive play and soft physical game, holds little interest. Isles have no cap issues, so Hamonic's trade value won't be watered down by salary retention.
The latest rumor on Okposo is that the two sides are separated by term, not $.
If an extension cannot be reached, we are more likely to see a run at Ladd or PAP, both of whom the NYI kicked the tires on at the last TDL.

Fayne: there is a reason that the isles, knowing they were looking to move Hamonic, let Fayne go by on waivers just a few months ago...he is not an upgrade in their top 4.Maybe not even an upgrade on the kids Pulock/Pelech who are expected to be in the NYI mix next season.

Only thing offered of real interest would be that pick and I don't know how highly coveted that would be.

You do know that Hamonic requested a trade right? His value automatically will be lower than what you expect simply because of that. Hamonic isn't Pronger and stop valuing him like he is. I honestly can't wait for him to be dealt just so NYI fans can see that they overvalued him big time. He's a good player, would love to have him on our team and I'm not taking anything away from him but it's getting a little out of hand now with how much people think we should pay for him.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Eberle (1.5 retained), Fayne and 6th overall for Hamonic, Halak 16th and 2017 2nd.

Ew. This is a Mike Milbury type of trade.

The 6th overall shouldn't just been thrown in there as a sweetener... It could easily be packaged for another good piece on D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad