Rumor: Rumours & Proposals: 5 Days... HUGE TRADE!... Thread Worthy?... Meh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Considering the Yakupov talk is out of the blue and started with Dreger saying "maybe," I think his name is completely hype. Don't think he'll be dealt by Monday.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Drouin + Carle for Yakupov and Schultz. I could honestly see that happening.

Carle's contract is garbage and his buyout sucks too (1.8 x 4 years).

Plus there's no real need for Drouin. I'd only want to acquire him to flip him for a young defensemen, but if you could, but wouldn't Yzerman just do that?

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Considering the Yakupov talk is out of the blue and started with Dreger saying "maybe," I think his name is completely hype. Don't think he'll be dealt by Monday.

Yeah....

I think Yak could potentially go.....I do not think the org is as down on him as some people on the board but his play does have some problems.

If he does I think it will be because Yak wanting the change.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah....

I think Yak could potentially go.....I do not think the org is as down on him as some people on the board but his play does have some problems.

If he does I think it will be because Yak wanting the change.

I wouldn't rule it out this summer. Think he's a guy Chia will look to package.

But now? A bit random.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

Plus there's no real need for Drouin. I'd only want to acquire him to flip him for a young defensemen, but if you could, but wouldn't Yzerman just do that?

The thing I like about Drouin is there's a big opportunity to rekindle the lost value in Yakupov. I agree that we don't need another small, skilled forward, but at least it has potential to be a nice asset management deal.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I wouldn't rule it out this summer. Think he's a guy Chia will look to package.

But now? A bit random.
Something must of come up. Maybe a team wants to grab him for a playoff push?

The fact that its random this time of year makes me think something might be brewing.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
MUaaaaaaaah

There has to be a way to not touch Carle with a 10 foot pole.

No way i do that with Carle coming back

I don't like it either, guys, but it's a realistic scenario I can see going down. Maybe Chia gets them to take Fayne too.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Something must of come up. Maybe a team wants to grab him for a playoff push?

The fact that its random this time of year makes me think something might be brewing.

I wonder if Yakupov for Nichushkin has more legs than we thought.

Especially with Chiarelli specifically mentioning size and then Yak's name hitting the media only hours later.

Benn-Seguin-Yakupov would be an interesting line.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
MUaaaaaaaah

imo we should seriously consider taking on Carle's deal. It fits perfectly in our cap considering it expires exactly when McDavid's ELC expires, so that's cap space we have to start reserving anyway. Carle could also be a decent bottom 4 veteran for us.

However I don't think taking on Carle is worth the difference of getting Drouin for Yakupov. As far as I'm concerned those two forwards have similar value.

also, considering Schultz's contract ends at the end of this year, there is no way I would consider him to have negative value. If we retain, we should get a 3rd or a good prospect.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Bob Mac says Yakupovs name has been out there more then it ever has lately... Something might be coming...
Yak, Schultz@50, Purcell@50, 2nd for Paryako?
Please.
I know it's unfair but... Please?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
MUaaaaaaaah

I don't think there's anyway that we take back Carle for Drouin if Yak is going the other direction. Drouin has struggled as much as Yak and the fact that he pouts and demands a trade because he doesn't get top 6 minutes (minutes he's likely not ready for) and refuses to play until he's traded, definitely takes a big hit to any trade value he had.

Now with that said if it was a Yak + 50% Schultz for Drouin, or just a Yak Drouin straight swap I'd probably do it. Not because I like Drouin (he has a piss poor entitled attitude, and he was a little ***** cry baby the entire WJC's), but because Yak needs a change of scenery and maybe Drouin gets his head on straight and makes a smaller skilled guy on our team expendable.

McDeathbyCheerios*

His game has been rough ever since leaving Philly, but he's still a decent D-man. Better this year than last although the offense dried up this time around.

Salary is gross.
Would be worth the risk of he had a year left after this one.

Him bouncing back would be huge if we got him. Knowing us though he gets even worse lol

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Oilers trade Larsen to Vancouver.

Starts good by dumping guys who aren't on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad