Rumor: Rumours & Proposals: 5 Days... HUGE TRADE!... Thread Worthy?... Meh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
He was better with Pouliot and Eberle last year than playing with Hall and Eberle. He was also heavily driving the line.

Yeah, but they couldn't replicate that this season. Maybe it would have been different under Nelson, but it is what it is. RNH hasn't been very good this year.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Yeah, but they couldn't replicate that this season. Maybe it would have been different under Nelson, but it is what it is. RNH hasn't been very good this year.

I expected him to take a step forward but look how this team has cratered without RNH in the lineup. They managed to somewhat hold it together through injuries to Eberle, McDavid and Klefbom. As soon as RNH went down we hit the gutter something like 3-11-1 since he went down and those 3 wins are against CBJ, TOR, OTT.

He's one of the only forwards who plays a smart two way game and plays hard in all 3 zones. People don't understand how important he is to this team.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I expected him to take a step forward but look how this team has cratered without RNH in the lineup. They managed to somewhat hold it together through injuries to Eberle, McDavid and Klefbom. As soon as RNH went down we hit the gutter something like 3-11-1 since he went down and those 3 wins are against CBJ, TOR, OTT.

He's one of the only forwards who plays a smart two way game and plays hard in all 3 zones. People don't understand how important he is to this team.

RNH plays the tough minutes as well.
Want to know why Draisaitl's production has dropped off a cliff? It coincides with RNH's injury. The tough sledding that RNH was enduring is now being endured by Draisaitl and he is struggling.

RNH is a very valuable player for this team.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
RNH plays the tough minutes as well.
Want to know why Draisaitl's production has dropped off a cliff? It coincides with RNH's injury. The tough sledding that RNH was enduring is now being endured by Draisaitl and he is struggling.

RNH is a very valuable player for this team.

Very true. Keeping him gives us options, either slide one to the wing or line them all up down the middle depending on match ups, who's streaking/slumping.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Very true. Keeping him gives us options, either slide one to the wing or line them all up down the middle depending on match ups, who's streaking/slumping.

Indeed.

Centre depth is so very important and RNH provides that. If the Oilers deal RNH then the return had better be very impressive.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Read the whole thing before you laugh at me.

I don't care if we won or lose.

What i want is to see a team go out and play hard and play well.

If the other team has a better game or their goalie stands on their head that's fine.

All i want is the guys to go out, work hard, play hard and provide me entertainment.

If they did that they would win more games easily too.

I think you're on to something there

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Indeed.

Centre depth is so very important and RNH provides that. If the Oilers deal RNH then the return had better be very impressive.

Packaging him for Subban would qualify I suspect, that's still the route I would go down if I'm the Oilers. Not saying it's an easy sell, but they don't seem to hold him in high esteem do the Habs.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Packaging him for Subban would qualify I suspect, that's still the route I would go down if I'm the Oilers. Not saying it's an easy sell, but they don't seem to hold him in high esteem do the Habs.

Subban would be a game changer for this defence. A legit 25+ minute top pairing dman is just what the doctor ordered.

Not sure what the package from the Oilers would look like and I just dont believe the Habs would trade him.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Subban would be a game changer for this defence. A legit 25+ minute top pairing dman is just what the doctor ordered.

Not sure what the package from the Oilers would look like and I just dont believe the Habs would trade him.

I'm not certain they would either, it's just an avenue I would walk very far down if I were the Oilers.

I'm hoping there's something else that comes up between Subban and the Habs between now and Monday/the Draft, so the Oilers could catch them in a moment where they may not be happy with the player.

Honestly, I would do.

Nuge, Yak and Klefbom for Subban, Eller and Gilbert (save them money) if they wanted to do something at the Deadline.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I'm not certain they would either, it's just an avenue I would walk very far down if I were the Oilers.

I'm hoping there's something else that comes up between Subban and the Habs between now and Monday/the Draft, so the Oilers could catch them in a moment where they may not be happy with the player.

Honestly, I would do.

Nuge, Yak and Klefbom for Subban, Eller and Gilbert (save them money) if they wanted to do something at the Deadline.

That moment would be fire Bergevin and Therrien. I lived in Montreal for 12 years and I can honestly tell you the city loves Subban more than Edmonton loves Hall. He's untouchable and I'd say moreso than Price

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Jujhar Khaira is called up, but before you freak out the Oilers did have an extra roster spot so they're now at 23.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015

Honestly, I would do.

PK was headed to a pretty nasty arbitration session with the Habs when Geoff Molson stepped in and made a deal happen. If the owner is willing to write the player a cheque in that way, there's no way he'd let his GM trade that player. Therrien and Bergevin will be canned long before PK Subban every gets traded.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
LeBrun on TSN was saying 50/50 on Yakupov being dealt before the deadline/off-season. I still have a feeling he will be traded on Monday. I wonder about Tampa because of the supposed interest in Schultz, that they're going to lose Drouin, and the Russian players already on that team.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
LeBrun on TSN was saying 50/50 on Yakupov being dealt before the deadline/off-season. I still have a feeling he will be traded on Monday. I wonder about Tampa because of the supposed interest in Schultz, that they're going to lose Drouin, and the Russian players already on that team.

Drouin + Carle for Yakupov and Schultz. I could honestly see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad