Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Trade Deadline Festivities

Status
Not open for further replies.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Trade assets for a ufa wtf? For what, our playoff run this year?

Edit: he still has a extra year. But still doesn't change my mind. He'd be too expensive to attain.

Get real

Some of you guys are out of your minds. First the team doesn't have the cap space. Second the team doesn't have or can't afford to give assets away to dump salary. Plain and simple, the team needs to continue adding and developing till some of the boat anchor contracts can be moved cheaply or wait till the term is finished. There's no short cut, just take the straight path and don't venture from it. We've seen what happens when the plan* changes.

* they didn't really have a plan, they thought just draft high and it builds itself. Forwards first, defense idgaf mentality.

:badidea:

Last edited:

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
The Hall talk is most likely Stauffer pandering to his audience. He knows it'll get people talking because a lot of people here would take Hall back. If there's actually any inside info behind it that should be extremely worrisome since we don't have a full time GM in place, and that would mean that the new GM is going to be a puppet for MacT/Howson/Lowe or even worse one of them will be the next GM.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
My guess would be Hall signs in Buffalo if he doesn't stay in NJ.

Dahlin-Eichel-Hall is a strong trio if he wants to win.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
For him to come back I think Connor McDavid would have to get on a full court press and personally call him and tell him they need him back, lets finish what we started, we can win here together etc. etc. etc.

That's the only way I could see him considering it.

Reactions: Homesick

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
For him to come back I think Connor McDavid would have to get on a full court press and personally call him and tell him they need him back, lets finish what we started, we can win here together etc. etc. etc.

That's the only way I could see him considering it.

So basically pull a Lebron James lol

Reactions: Aerrol and frag2

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So basically pull a Lebron James lol

Basically yes.

That said if he's unwilling to sign an extension with New Jersey ... they may be forced to trade him for something next season rather than have him walk for nothing. That's where I'm going "hmmm. Interesting".

Reactions: McDrai

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017

Watch Calgary sign him -.-

For real, that would make a great depth add. Probably starts the year with the Condors? Marody 1C McLeod 2C, Yamamoto 1RW, Maksimov 2RW. He has a lot of competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad