Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Waiting For a Trade For Lu(cic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I wonder how Draisaitls agent knew of the upcoming contract enviroment. Immediately before him, Tarasenkos/Gaudreaus were getting 7-7.5 mil deals. LDs contract was seen as an outlier at the time. Now a year later, friggin Hayes gets 7 mil. And players of LDs ability are looking at 9.5-11 mil deals. I get the difference of RFA vs UFA. But seems like over the course of a year, the contracts went way up

Don't forget Kuznetsov and Johansen signing$7.8M/$8M contracts coming off 60 points seasons just before Leon signed.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I don't think the previous regime would have considered Broberg at 8 so worse in that way.
It's just rumors though so no need to panic...yet.
We should have a pretty good idea what this team is going to look like in a few weeks.

However Broberg does seem to be cropping up with the local insiders...

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Just rumours from media thus far. But man do these rumors sound exactly like Chiarelli era rumors. Extremely concerning *if the media has actual insight and knowledge into Hollands expected moves*

-They appear to be targeting a certain style of player and willing to reach for him. This is what Holland was doing recently with Rasmussen and Cholowski

-Trading a player with potential (flawed player, but potential none the less), for a 3rd line player that could be acquired by other means

-Meh on the Benning part

-Worst part of the rumor and reason I was really hesistant about the Holland signing. Connolly is the exact player you want to avoid. Career 25 point player who had a career year due to high PDO and now looking to cash in. Will likely be an overpay. Good GMs avoid these signings, Holland *could* but walking right into a bad situation

Reactions: McDrai

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
If it's Puljujarvi for Haula or Pageau, I'd be more than fine with that. 3rd liner is a vague term, there's some really good 3rd liners that would be a big help here.

I think the #3C is an understated massive hole on this team too.

They basically have to acquire one unless they want someone like Gagner, Brodziak or Cave playing there.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Connolly will be too expensive. If that third line is Zacha, absolutely. And **** no to Broberg. If you're taking a dman not named Byram at 8, you trade the **** back.
Our prospects depth starts and ends with defense. Drafts deep in forwards, very good forwards. But Oilers media is like "hurr durr defense"

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Just rumours from media thus far. But man do these rumors sound exactly like Chiarelli era rumors. Extremely concerning *if the media has actual insight and knowledge into Hollands expected moves*

-They appear to be targeting a certain style of player and willing to reach for him. This is what Holland was doing recently with Rasmussen and Cholowski

-Trading a player with potential (flawed player, but potential none the less), for a 3rd line player that could be acquired by other means

-Meh on the Benning part

-Worst part of the rumor and reason I was really hesistant about the Holland signing. Connolly is the exact player you want to avoid. Career 25 point player who had a career year due to high PDO and now looking to cash in. Will likely be an overpay. Good GMs avoid these signings, Holland *could* but walking right into a bad situation

I thought the Oilers would have learned by now to not go after players at their highest value. All of these rumors scare the crap out of me

North

Jun 25, 2009

-Meh on the Benning part

The thing is Holland doesn’t have Chia like tendencies and we have quite a bit of evidence to that affect.

I do think it’s entirely possible they are high on Broberg, I just hope a forward they like better falls to 8.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The thing is Holland doesn’t have Chia like tendencies and we have quite a bit of evidence to that affect.

I do think it’s entirely possible they are high on Broberg, I just hope a forward they like better falls to 8.
Broberg at 8 would be the most Oilers pick in the worst way

Reactions: McDrai

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Well with all the gloom that seems to be hovering overhead, Perry is being bought out by the Ducks, maybe the Oilers can get him 3yrs $4-5M per, right, 'cause Oilers?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Broberg at 8 would be the most Oilers pick in the worst way

I’m lubing up for Friday. Expecting a terrible pick at #8 and Puljujarvi trade for a 20-30 point player with no potential. Hopefully our media is full of shit...

duul

Jun 21, 2010
3rd line player is vague. If you guys have bothered to look at our RW depth, I doubt we even have a single 1st 2nd or 3rd line right winger in our org at the moment. Trading Puljujarvi for a NHL quality 3rd liner (a winger) could possibly mean bringing in a guy who will be the best winger we have. Lmao.

Had a month or two break from the season and already I forgot this team is nowhere close to competing. How harrowing! I'd recommend signing Perry, Connolly, and Vanek. All of them somehow. Then we would have a better-than-worst winger depth in the league.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Our prospects depth starts and ends with defense. Drafts deep in forwards, very good forwards. But Oilers media is like "hurr durr defense"
If our scouts view a D as the BPA they should take him anyways.

I’m sure they won’t lose sleep with CycloneSweep being upset at their decision.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Well see, those rumours scream Chiarelli. Specifically the JP and Connolly parts

The reach at 8 and Connolly scream Holland though. He has developed a thing for reaching for players in the draft recently and he has always loved signing UFAs coming off career years. Bad contracts were his MO in Detriot

Another pararell to Chiarelli is that when both were hired, media and fans excused their bad moves and blamed it on ownership/higher ups (Holland wen tall in on signing svets because the owner was in bad health and wanted a cup/ Chiarelli was forced to trade Seguin and make win now moves). Then when Chiarelli came to Edmonton he picked up where he left off. Holland, only by the rumours, is doing the same. Doing the same moves he did in Detriot that put that team in a major bind

Again, Ill wait till actual moves are made. I can only comment on the rumours

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Maybe all this Broberg talk is Puljujarvi (+) going for a mid to late 1st and that pick being used to draft him? :sarcasm:

And the 8 on a USNTDP forward

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006

Edit: Sorry this was posted already but would take a chance on him; maybe 1 year at no more than 2 mill.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Well see, those rumours scream Chiarelli. Specifically the JP and Connolly parts

The reach at 8 and Connolly scream Holland though. He has developed a thing for reaching for players in the draft recently and he has always loved signing UFAs coming off career years. Bad contracts were his MO in Detriot

Another pararell to Chiarelli is that when both were hired, media and fans excused their bad moves and blamed it on ownership/higher ups (Holland wen tall in on signing svets because the owner was in bad health and wanted a cup/ Chiarelli was forced to trade Seguin and make win now moves). Then when Chiarelli came to Edmonton he picked up where he left off. Holland, only by the rumours, is doing the same. Doing the same moves he did in Detriot that put that team in a major bind

Again, Ill wait till actual moves are made. I can only comment on the rumours

Like I said before, if you have doubts about Holland this early, there's something wrong with you.

Reactions: North

Rufus Aslegard

Jun 15, 2019
Maybe all this Broberg talk is Puljujarvi (+) going for a mid to late 1st and that pick being used to draft him? :sarcasm:

And the 8 on a USNTDP forward

This I could get behind. But the add to JP would be large, like next year's first (or a 2nd and 3rd rounder this year).

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad