Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Waiting For a Trade For Lu(cic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm not too concerned myself. I'll just wait and see what cheap options are out there. We obviously can't sign someone to 7m+ a year, and we need to find some creative trades that give us something we need and dump the stuff that isn't working. If people are doubting Holland this early in the game, there is something wrong with you. He is one of the most respected GMs in the league and I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt he knows how to build a 'stable' team. I'll pass judgement on him when September arrives.
I'm not doubting him. I just know his approach is slow and steady with an empasses on building from within. So expecting a flip to a competitive or good team within a single off season is setting yourself up for dissapointment. Holland will do good here, it will take more than a single off season.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Tomas Jurco might be another former Red Wing worth looking at.

Seemed like an alright NHLer last season and then lit up the AHL this season. Could be the Rattie of this year(with better results, hopefully).

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

Seemed like an alright NHLer last season and then lit up the AHL this season. Could be the Rattie of this year(with better results, hopefully).

I'm definitely interested. I can't find the article now but IIRC he felt his back injury really derailed his play until this year and his AHL numbers seem to back that up. Worth a look for sure with those hands.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

I could get behind that for ~$800k or so. He was never really able to gain traction with Detroit though. Would anyone be surprised if Holland wasn’t the biggest fan considering he traded him away for a 3rd when he was 24.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Jurco didn’t light up the AHL this season?

He had 27 points in 33 games.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Holland is right. Waiting right now is the best strategy. Let other teams blow their brains out on UFA's which will make Cap strapped teams even more desperate to shed where he should be able to pluck something good for cheap.

Reactions: belair and Beerfish

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Holland is right. Waiting right now is the best strategy. Let other teams blow their brains out on UFA's which will make Cap strapped teams even more desperate to shed where he should be able to pluck something good for cheap.
The oilers are a cap strapped team.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Jurco would struggle to make the top 6 on the Condors
I would sign him for a 1 year at a rate we can bury for more depth on the condors and a call up option so our prospects don’t get jerked around but that’s it.

If he’s in the NHL next year I should just drop sportsnet from my cable package.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
What are the Vegas odds on Frk being a waiver-wire pickup early in the season?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
So with the Nucks listening on Tanev maybe the Oilers can swing, I know he's a soon to be UFA, but would be a solid add to top-4.

To VAN: Lucic, Russell, 8th overall and 3rd round pick

To EDM: Eriksson, Tanev and 10th overall

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
So you make the team worse to avoid paying RNH in the future? That's baffling. We should get a haul for McDavid now, don't want to have to pay him 15+ in a few years.

Is it really a big downgrade from RNH to Kadri comparing contract lengths and value? Guess it all depends on the return for Nuge. His value would never be higher after last season.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Reactions: McDNicks17

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Wont happen but Id love a Tanev for Russell deal

-Tanev is a righty and a better fit in the top 4. Would be a great partner for Nurse
-Tanev is a UFA next year, so allows us to offload a longer contract in Russell. This creates a great stop gap situation where we can develop a young D this year, who can take Tanevs spot next year
-Vancouver may like this deal as they love Russell style players (Gudbranson, Sbisa, rumored to be going after Bogosian/Schenn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad