Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Waiting For a Trade For Lu(cic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I mean I think Sam Gagner played decent for us, but to keep him is going to be another interesting conundrum ... if you need that extra million to spend on an important position like goaltender ... I think Holland might also buyout Gagner on top of shipping off Russell.

Gagner was like -28 (lol) under one year with Tippett too so I doubt he's getting a lot of love from the coach.

I think Sam could be out on top of Russell and Puljujarvi.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Kolja

1-5-6-14
Oct 30, 2011
I think the deals we are seeing means that alot of competent players will be had for cheap. You can't be paying every average 30-40p player 7 million like Hayes. And the amount of average 30-40p players are greater than the pockets of GM's. This means there will be a fair amount of players holding out the best deal as FA starts. Think the Hayes deal might mean we have to wait longer to see our final line up but perhaps we get better players for a lesser sum.

Reactions: Aerrol

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think the deals we are seeing means that alot of competent players will be had for cheap. You can't be paying every average 30-40p player 7 million like Hayes. And the amount of average 30-40p players are greater than the pockets of GM's. This means there will be a fair amount of players holding out the best deal as FA starts. Think the Hayes deal might mean we have to wait longer to see our final line up but perhaps we get better players for a lesser sum.

I think you gotta be aggressive on the phones prior to July 1. Gotta be pushing hard to see if you can get a piece like Kadri or Kapanen or Haula or Ehlers to fall out from the really cap strapped teams.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I mean I think Sam Gagner played decent for us, but to keep him is going to be another interesting conundrum ... if you need that extra million to spend on an important position like goaltender ... I think Holland might also buyout Gagner on top of shipping off Russell.

Gagner was like -28 (lol) under one year with Tippett too so I doubt he's getting a lot of love from the coach.

I think Sam could be out on top of Russell and Puljujarvi.
Puljujarvi isn't going anywhere. From the sounds of it, Holland is giving him a clean slate here and going to try again.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Puljujarvi isn't going anywhere. From the sounds of it, Holland is giving him a clean slate here and going to try again.

If you can get an actual NHL player for him that can play now and is young enough to integrate into the core ... I think you'd be dumb not to do that.

You have to make some moves to win now.

Reactions: Faelko

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I'd expect Mrazek to be one of the first goalies signed on July 1 and Holland is quoted as saying that he's planning on finding a goalie after July 1
Holland said he'll be looking for a goalie on July 1. It's the other parts of the roster that will likely be filled a day or two later when prices come down.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Right? If Nuge has 2 more 70 point seasons he would be asking for 9 and be deserving of it
What about if he gets 2 more 50 something point seasons? Cause that’s his track record. Not 70.

I want no part of RNH at even $8 million. It’s a gross overpay for the definition of a complementary player. This player cannot create a damn thing by himself. He’s a massive career minus, physically weak, and after seven years in the league still can’t get his f/o win percentage above 45%.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Right? If Nuge has 2 more 70 point seasons he would be asking for 9 and be deserving of it
Better to trade RNH and go after Kadri and Kapanen . Kadri is signed to 4.5 million for another 3 years . We should get a good haul for RNH . I said it months ago move RNH and fans jumped on me and at that time I did say we will probably have to pay him 8 million plus . Team needs to be reshaped

Draisaitl McDavid Kassian
Benson Kadri Kapanen

Move Russell , RNH and Lucic at up to 50% retained
8th OA would have to go to TML to get Kadri and Kapanen.
The question is what would RNH return. Would we want futures ? Would we want to upgrade our D ? RNH for Barrie ? With Barrie putting up 50 to 60 points our team would be. Vastly different.

Klefbom Barrie
Nurse Larsson
Sekera Jones

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
To me that probably indicates more of a Mike Smith. Tippett knows him and is comfortable with him.

I don't think there's that big of a drop-off from goalie #2 to goalie number like 8 (assuming Lehner is signed and Bobrovsky is the #1) so Holland realizes he's got all the bargaining power once the first few go

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010

I purposely didn't post this in the rumor only thread, cause the guy in his feed said he tries to falsely report one radio transcript per year.

I originally thought Toronto would be able to move him fairly easily with some sweetening, but if true this is quite the hoop.

While this may be an accurate portrayal of what Kypreos said, it should be pointed out that trading him to a team that retains some cap and trading him again is a possibility, though I don't know if even with 50% retention on Marleau that San Jose would still be interested, it may require more than one team retaining some cap-hit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kolja

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

I purposely didn't post this in the rumor only thread, cause the guy in his feed said he tries to falsely report one radio transcript per year.

I originally thought Toronto would be able to move him fairly easily with some sweetening, but if true this is quite the hoop.

Marleau's deal is structured in such a way that a buyout is his best option financially as well as personally. But the easiest way to move him is after his bonus is paid which eliminates the possibility of a buyout.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I like the wait until after July 1st approach.

There's enough names available that the market's going to pass a few of them by. Those are going to be the cheaper options and who Holland should/need to target.

My bet, either Elliot from the UFA market, or a trade for Allen, Reimer, or one of the Detroit guys (Howard/Bernier), if Yzerman decided he wants an upgrade/get a longer term solution in net.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Better to trade RNH and go after Kadri and Kapanen . Kadri is signed to 4.5 million for another 3 years . We should get a good haul for RNH . I said it months ago move RNH and fans jumped on me and at that time I did say we will probably have to pay him 8 million plus . Team needs to be reshaped

Draisaitl McDavid Kassian
Benson Kadri Kapanen

Move Russell , RNH and Lucic at up to 50% retained
8th OA would have to go to TML to get Kadri and Kapanen.
The question is what would RNH return. Would we want futures ? Would we want to upgrade our D ? RNH for Barrie ? With Barrie putting up 50 to 60 points our team would be. Vastly different.

Klefbom Barrie
Nurse Larsson
Sekera Jones
So you make the team worse to avoid paying RNH in the future? That's baffling. We should get a haul for McDavid now, don't want to have to pay him 15+ in a few years.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I'm not too concerned myself. I'll just wait and see what cheap options are out there. We obviously can't sign someone to 7m+ a year, and we need to find some creative trades that give us something we need and dump the stuff that isn't working. If people are doubting Holland this early in the game, there is something wrong with you. He is one of the most respected GMs in the league and I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt he knows how to build a 'stable' team. I'll pass judgement on him when September arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad