Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread | There's Something In The Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
If Klefbom is out, and Larssons $ is gone, really they have enough space to sign both Hamilton and Barrie.

I'd be really happy with that result. However, if Holland strikes out this offseason and we don't land a big fish defenseman, it's an absolute disaster.

Larsson did not move the needle in any way, but he at least provided a bit of stability. Easily replaced, but NEEDS to be replaced, and not by just Barrie.

It would be pretty funny if Hamilton signed in Edmonton and then cited his bad experience in Calgary and wanting to stick it to the Flames as a factor that played into him signing in Edmonton.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
4x4 isn't for the money either when the last reported contract was like 100k under.
Last reported by a guy who isn't necessarily a reputable source of information anymore, especially when he says he is inevitable that Larsson signs here at 3.9.

I doubt Holland was offering that much.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Last reported by a guy who isn't necessarily a reputable source of information anymore, especially when he says he is inevitable that Larsson signs here at 3.9.

I doubt Holland was offering that much.
I don't. Other media said offers were between 3.75 and 4. I Guarentee if Larsson was like "hey Seattle wants me for 4x4, can you match," Holland would.

This is Larsson wanting to leave. Nothing more.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Re: Larsson

Was he close to Kelfbom, and that's why he liked Edmonton?

Was he sick of hearing the negativity of him being the return in the Hall trade?

Did the Keith deal upset him?
:facepalm: From his vacations seems like he was close with Draisaitl.

Seems like he just honestly decided to try something different, new city, brand new team.

I hate the fact the Oilers didn't re-sign him, but he's also just allowed to do this as well.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Let’s be real: Larsson could have signed for say 4.75 and you’d be saying he’s overpaid and it’s a bad deal.

There’s seriously plenty of faults of Holland but Larsson choosing to leave is not one of them.

Au contrare.

I get that a GM can't force a guy to sign, but the confidence, or errr, overconfidence of some of our media members and Holland himself really betrays that maybe there was a misunderstanding occurring, which is completely up to Holland.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Seattle is going to make the playoffs. Holland better get his ass in gear, that is his competition that just took our second RD away. Our second RD that might have been forced to play first pairing minutes this season.

We have Larsson's approximate cap hit freed up so we have money. But we spent it and more on Keith.

Welcome to the show Evan Bouchard.

Reactions: DarksideGhost

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
What a shocker
We offered same I believe.
I hope Kenny has something up his sleeve but I bet it’s
Barrie and Hamonic

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Losing larsson sucks but if they replace him it's not a big deal....there are as good or better options out there. People need to stop freaking out over every thing

Reactions: Oilers in NS

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Seattle is going to make the playoffs. Holland better get his ass in gear, that is his competition that just took our second RD away. Our second RD that might have been forced to play first pairing minutes this season.

We have Larsson's approximate cap hit freed up so we have money. But we spent it and more on Keith.

I agree but I’m curious what he does with xtra money money now. I thought Larsson would resign

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Not saying this, but why was everyone in Edmonton so confident he'd re-sign. This seems like the team was believing one thing when the other was true.
Cause Larsson said numerous times he liked it here and wanted to stay an Oiler during his exit interview. All rumors said a deal was close and it was in and around that number.
And the MOMENT a new team even shows interest, he left.

Reactions: Aerrol

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021

What? The team still has 15 million plus more if the buyout neal and trade kosk./.step away from the ledge lol.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I know letting Larsson walk may have been the right decision, but man, so far when you look at Holland's resume there isn't much good there. Having forgivable choices that hurt the team, still hurt the team.

He needs to get some moves that are definite wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad