Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread | There's Something In The Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
That song was one of the reasons I turned off all of the accompanying music and announcers on World of Chel.

I never had to listen to Snoop Dogg or Cybulski pollute my eardrums with their nonsense.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That song was one of the reasons I turned off all of the accompanying music and announcers on World of Chel.

I never had to listen to Snoop Dogg or Cybulski pollute my eardrums with their nonsense.
Don't make me post Tarkenee. :sarcasm:

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
If they miss out and Larsson decides to move on they should get Keith on the horn and try to get Hjalmarsson to come here for a short deal.

Nurse-Barrie
Keith-Bear
Hjalmarsson-Bouchard

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lurking the Bruins board. Bs fans know that core is done and a rebuild should start. Hall would be really dumb to sign there for any extended term. Declining 36 year old top two centers, not much in the prospect pipeline, holes all over the line up. Come home Hall, hitch your cup hopes to one of the surest things to bring Cups, generational talent.

No. That ship has sailed with this ageing core. The Bruins really should begin the rebuild, but I know that it won't happen

Get ready for a lackluster season, with a middling team where we can't sell vets, and if we make the playoffs, we won't go far. Again.

It's overdue to move on. Honestly, if Hall isn't re-signed, don't bother signing Krejci or Rask and just move on. We'll likely at the very least get a solid draft pick for the 2022 season.

But are they Cup contenders with he and Krejci returning?

I don’t necessarily see it.

Which leaves them where exactly?

too much talent"?

DK, Bergy, Marchand, Pasta and McAvoy, outside of that, this team is one with tons of question marks

This was, up to Hall acquisitions, essentially a one line team, entered the playoffs as a 2 line team who, once they faced an opponent with depth like the Isles, ate them alive. This team has a few elite players and not much else and that`s an issue

Between a rock and a hard place?

They aren't bad enough to tank. I don't think they ever would directly with Bergeron/Marchand still here.

They aren't good enough to win it (see the struggles the past 2 playoffs) and trending downward regular seasons.

Reactions: Oilhawks

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Lurking the Bruins board. Bs fans know that core is done and a rebuild should start. Hall would be really dumb to sign there for any extended term. Declining 36 year old top two centers, not much in the prospect pipeline, holes all over the line up. Come home Hall, hitch your cup hopes to one of the surest things to bring Cups, generational talent.
Hall is a stat fanatic, he is not dumb he knows every team inside and out as he follows everything in the league , I don't see him signing in Boston to do another rebuild in a year or 2

Reactions: McTonyBrar

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hall is a stat fanatic, he is not dumb he knows every team inside and out as he follows everything in the league , I don't see him signing in Boston to do another rebuild in a year or 2
I agree. He’s always been a bit of a hockey nerd. He must know enough League history to see how often Cups follow generational talents like McDavid. To realize that Boston is on a downward trend. I just hope the Boston GM doesnt convince him otherwise with enough flattery and hard selling the City.

Reactions: The Safe Play

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I agree. He’s always been a bit of a hockey nerd. He must know enough League history to see how often Cups follow generational talents like McDavid. To realize that Boston is on a downward trend. I just hope the Boston GM doesnt convince him otherwise with enough flattery and hard selling the City.
I heard him in an interview when he was in Jersey, and they asked him what he missed about Edmonton and he responded about how passionate Canadian fans are about the game

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I heard him on a interview when he was in Jersey ,and they asked him what he missed about Edmonton and he responded about how fanatic Canadian fans are about the game
I know he’s spoken recently about not having the spotlight being on him, but I think deep down it’s ingrained in him to be the show on his team. He’ll get plenty of crazed fans cheering him on in Edmonton.

Oilers fans really need to get to work at Rogers place though…. Not liking how quiet this fanbase has gotten…

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I know he’s spoken recently about not having the spotlight being on him, but I think deep down it’s ingrained in him to be the show on his team. He’ll get plenty of crazed fans cheering him on in Edmonton.

Oilers fans really need to get to work at Rogers place though…. Not liking how quiet this fanbase has gotten…

Me too. They have basically been invisible in the past 18 months

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I don't think he wants this, he is tired of having so much attention on him, in Boston he can kind of just blend in behind their core players I think he feels.

If he were to come here the local media would go crazy.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I don't think he wants this, he is tired of having so much attention on him, in Boston he can kind of just blend in behind their core players I think he feels.

If he were to come here the local media would go crazy.
Yeh I know what he’s said. But i just don’t believe him lol. It’s in his DNA to be the guy.

He’d get some insulation here still though if he believes what he says. McDavid and Drai is where the spotlight would be.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara

It's a reminder that fans of almost every team thinks their depth is terrible.

If Hall wants to win, I don't get Boston. I hate the Leafs with a passion, but they would make more sense. Edmonton, Colorado, Florida, Seattle... there are options to go to and contend where the cores aren't overaged

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015

If Hall wants to win, I don't get Boston. I hate the Leafs with a passion, but they would make more sense. Edmonton, Colorado, Florida, Seattle... there are options to go to and contend where the cores aren't overaged
He'd never see any pp time or he'd get the tail end just like he got in Boston. He would most definitely be on the first unit in Edmonton.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Yeh Boston makes no sense from a long term winning standpoint. Leafs do make sense, but that franchise is cursed. Colorado would be a good bet and Florida. Dunno how Seattle will shape up.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yeh Boston makes no sense from a long term winning standpoint. Leafs do make sense, but that franchise is cursed. Colorado would be a good bet and Florida. Dunno how Seattle will shape up.

With Landeskog needing to get re-signed, and both Makar and MacKinnon needing new contracts quite soon, I don't see the avs being in on him. Hallsy, come home to Edmonton

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
With Landeskog needing to get re-signed, and both Makar and MacKinnon needing new contracts quite soon, I don't see the avs being in on him. Hallsy, come home to Edmonton
How often do you get to play with Connor Mcdavid TWICE in one career? No one else has done it. NOT even Brandon Manning.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad