Speculation: Rumour, Trade and Free Agent Speculation, 2019-20 - Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Evolving Wild has Connor signing a 6 year deal at 6.8 or a 3 year bridge at 5.3 and Laine is 7 years a 7.1 or 3 years at 6. Personally think the Jets would do any of those deals
Agree. Clearly, neither of the players or their agents would, though.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
There was some noise earlier that the malaise was Wheeler's fault - in a variety of ways. Maybe we have a damn good captain there.

Wheeler's interview yesterday was a big, big contrast to his coddling interview. Maybe someone (not necessarily from the Jets) had a word with him, it hit home, and he made a conscious effort to play nicer. Anyway, players are generally supportive when other players are in contract situations.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Evolving Wild has Connor signing a 6 year deal at 6.8 or a 3 year bridge at 5.3 and Laine is 7 years a 7.1 or 3 years at 6. Personally think the Jets would do any of those deals

I would do both those long term deals even if I eventually trade Laine if becomes/already is a problem in the locker room. Very happy with the Connor deal.

Chevy don’t allow any Kane 2.0 type of player situation fester again, if one exists ship him out and get a good return and move on with players with a good attitude.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Jets’ Maurice to Laine: ‘Nobody gets the keys at 14’

As for how Laine’s comments reflect on the coach and on his linemates, Maurice said he’s not concerned about the potential distraction or that it could cause ripples in the dressing room.

“I can handle the shade. That part’s not going to bother me a whole hell of a lot,” Maurice said. “The individual experience is secondary to the team experience.”

Maurice did his best to shrug it all off to just a young, talented player wanting more ice time and a bigger role.

“Here, over the last two years, we’ve had three really, really young players,” Maurice said, referring to Laine, Kyle Connor and Nik Ehlers. “We can all do the math on that. That means two of them are going to be on one line and one’s going to be on the other.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Agree. Clearly, neither of the players or their agents would, though.

The Connor 6 x 6.8M is spot on IMO. Both Laine deals are too small. For all his warts, the amount of goals he scored at his age was unreal and he know what he can get. I've said it from the very beginning, Laine needs 2 x 7.5M as bridge. I know it's unprecedented but it's his value IMO. It also puts the onus on him to score 100 goals over the next two seasons and earn his 10M+ aav long term deal.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Man, the media really needs clicks....
I don't know man, I think all this is a really big deal. Wheeler and the coach are saying all the right things to keep the bridge open, but in my mind , Laine pulled a real douche move here.

How does he come back with no expectation of sour feelings towards him? He bashed Little, the coach, everyone except for himself.

I see this going one of two ways. Either he is traded or he comes back to a line where he is not with Little as center certainly, and he is not with Scheifele. The center that make sense for me right now is Wheeler. The captain, who can hold him accountable. Perhaps Wheeler, Little and Laine with Wheeler in the middle. It seems poetic.

Last edited:

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Jets’ Maurice to Laine: ‘Nobody gets the keys at 14’

As for how Laine’s comments reflect on the coach and on his linemates, Maurice said he’s not concerned about the potential distraction or that it could cause ripples in the dressing room.

“I can handle the shade. That part’s not going to bother me a whole hell of a lot,” Maurice said. “The individual experience is secondary to the team experience.”

Maurice did his best to shrug it all off to just a young, talented player wanting more ice time and a bigger role.

“Here, over the last two years, we’ve had three really, really young players,” Maurice said, referring to Laine, Kyle Connor and Nik Ehlers. “We can all do the math on that. That means two of them are going to be on one line and one’s going to be on the other.

Written in stone.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't know man, I think all this is a really big deal. Wheeler and the coach are saying all the right things to keep the bridge open, but in my mind , Laine pulled a real *****e move here.

How does he come back with no expectation of sour feelings towards him? He bashed Little, the coach, everyone except for himself.

I see this going one of two ways. Either he is traded or he comes back to a line where he is not with Little as center certainly, and he is not with Scheifele. The center that make sense for me right now is Wheeler. The captain, who can hold him accountable. Perhaps Wheeler, Little and Laine with Wheeler in the middle. It seems poetic.

Wheeler is not a centre. Yeah, I know he filled in there for a while but he really wasn't good.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
55 and 26.

I didn’t read it that way at all. He just said that obviously 2 of those young wingers will be on one line and one on the other. Which is true if you put two of them with Scheifele as well. In fact, scheifele and Wheeler haven’t been lined up at training camp, have they?

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
The best is split 55 and 26

Everybosy knows this

Laine camp
Not Laine camp
Writers
Broadcaster

Unfortunately

The 1 guy out of 1000 who needs to know this (maybe he does, just stubborn?) Will not do it.

We shall see when your job is on the line and nothing is going 1st month.

Re any trade... i think Jets is not in a position to trade anybody that they can win right now.

What im worried about is, they will make a trade to get somebody new in that room.
And they will trade the wrong player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad