Rumor: Rumour & Proposal Thread | Will Holland get us a Christmas present?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
My standing offer for Chychrun is

EDM 1st (2023 top 3 protected) + Broberg + Puljujarvi + Foegele

for

Chych + Bjugstad @50%

If Arizona can find a better deal, hats off to them, they should take it but my feeling is there isn't a better deal out there. If there was they would've traded him already.
I was thinking of something similar...

To Arizona: Broberg, 2024 1st, 2023 3rd Puljujarvi + Foegele/Yamamoto

To Edmonton: Chychrun 10% retained , Fischer + Bryan Little.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What would we need to add to JP to do a Lafreniere change of scenery swap? Healthy scratch tonight
Puljujarvi would bring no value to that trade. Kaako pretty much blocks him from any meaningful icetime there.

Lafreniere doesn't make sense because the Rangers would still want close to full value for him.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I was thinking of something similar...

To Arizona: Broberg, 2024 1st, 2023 3rd Puljujarvi + Foegele/Yamamoto

To Edmonton: Chychrun 10% retained , Fischer + Bryan Little.
Do you think that it's likely the Oilers would prefer to continue to operate in LTI beyond the expiration of Klefbom's contract this summer?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Getting the most value out of Chychrun as a player would be giving him a lot of the Bouchard assignments. Primarily on the powerplay. Moving Bouchard in that deal at least presents the logic that his future cap dollars are being covered by Chychrun coming in. Bouchard offers exponentially more value to a team like Arizona, meaning the Oilers would need to give up less in terms of future assets.

There's a salary cap. A team that wishes to be competitive throughout their lineup just isn't going to have $6-7m tied up on their bottom pairing. It would mean you're running a short roster icing close to half your forward group at under $1m a piece.

The robbing Peter to pay Paul theory is valid, which is why you'd really need to be sure that Chychrun is your guy. Though it needs to be reiterated that it doesn't take very much to improve on the current depth at LD. A 40 year old Duncan Keith did just fine.
Exactly. The whole point of Bouchard for Chychrun is you improve the defense while saving the first round pick so it can be used in another trade to improve the roster.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
That'd be wild. I can't see the Rangers being able to afford it though unless Kane signed a hometown discount.
Rangers have the system assets including a second 1st round pick to get major retention. Bright lights of Broadway and Patrick Kane makes a lot of sense. Another Final Four team stuck a bit in neutral that could use a jolt of game breaker.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Exactly. The whole point of Bouchard for Chychrun is you improve the defense while saving the first round pick so it can be used in another trade to improve the roster.
It's hard to gauge. I could see the 1st still being necessary, but I'd be pushing for a piece like Fischer or Hayton to come back.

I just don't see it happening though.

Rangers have the system assets including a second 1st round pick to get major retention. Bright lights of Broadway and Patrick Kane makes a lot of sense. Another Final Four team stuck a bit in neutral that could use a jolt of game breaker.
It's not about retention. It's about signing him. You're not trading Lafreniere for a rental.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It's hard to gauge. I could see the 1st still being necessary, but I'd be pushing for a piece like Fischer or Hayton to come back.

It's not about retention. It's about signing him. You're not trading Lafreniere for a rental.
Bouchard would likely be the best singular asset Arizona could get for Chychrun. You could argue Bouchard alone is worth more than Broberg + 1st. I think you could save the first if you offer Bouchard.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

My original post was mainly a gag. However Rangers have the system to give up prospect/young NHLer and smartly picked up a second 1st round to add an elite finishing piece. If there's a straight line from Kane to Rangers it could be with a new contract. Point is Rangers have the pieces to get this guy if both sides want it to happen.

Reactions: belair
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad