Rumor: Rumour & Proposal Thread | Will Holland get us a Christmas present?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
The proposed value being floated for Edmundson (Bourgault...).. I mean, how stupid can you get? With those huge contracts of McDavid, Draisaitl, Nurse alone they are going to rely on players with entry level contracts pushing up through the system by necessity. So they will trade one of the more promising young forwards for someone like Edmundson?

Just such stupid asset management, but given that it's Holland, well.. seems par for the course to completely get schooled on any trade. He should be fired into the sun if he makes that trade -- but I didn't think he should have been handed the GM role in the first bloody place.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The proposed value being floated for Edmundson (Bourgault...).. I mean, how stupid can you get? With those huge contracts of McDavid, Draisaitl, Nurse alone they are going to rely on players with entry level contracts pushing up through the system by necessity. So they will trade one of the more promising young forwards for someone like Edmundson?

Just such stupid asset management, but given that it's Holland, well.. seems par for the course to completely get schooled on any trade. He should be fired into the sun if he makes that trade -- but I didn't think he should have been handed the GM role in the first bloody place.
The worst part is the "Edmundson isn't available, but Bourgault would get them to listen". No shit. It's a massive overpayment. Obviously they'd listen.

If Edmundson isn't available, just get one of the other dozens of bottom pairing defensemen that are. The imaginary "Stanley Cup experience" means dick all.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The worst part is the "Edmundson isn't available, but Bourgault would get them to listen". No shit. It's a massive overpayment. Obviously they'd listen.

If Edmundson isn't available, just get one of the other dozens of bottom pairing defensemen that are. The imaginary "Stanley Cup experience" means dick all.
Luke Schenn makes *much* more sense to me than Edmundson ever will. Trouble is Vancouver's right on our asses so won't be selling pieces anytime soon.

Reactions: PBandJ and Oilers90

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013

This X1000. I’m sick of hearing about Edmundson, In fact I’m sick of all the terrible trades we make for useless players. Meanwhile other teams pay Pennie’s for players that actually move the needle in the right direction….

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Yeah, and my uncle committed suicide 11 years ago because he felt stuck and alone and didn't feel like he had anyone he could go to for support.

Sorry for your loss, but I absolutely cannot abide the type of tone-deaf asshole comments like you made about someone that is clearly really struggling right now on and off the ice. JP is struggling and you saw fit to call him a poor baby, whiny, entitled, and a dumb oaf. Not okay, so you can also shove it, good sir.

Are your fingers bleeding from.playing your JP violin too hard?

There is soo much evidence as to why he's struggling and its like 99% self induced. This was evident and well documented his first year but ppl kept hitting the ignore button to blame the org

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

There is soo much evidence as to why he's struggling and its like 99% self induced. This was evident and well documented his first year but ppl kept hitting the ignore button to blame the org
Much better to heckle and insult him, right? He did it to himself so he deserves it?

Anyway, I'm guessing McDNicks17 and the rest of the mods would like this dropped, so it's dropped. Wouldn't hurt anyone to show some empathy though.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Luke Schenn is better and cheaper both in contract and assets to acquire.

And he has 2 stanley cup rings.

Much better to heckle and insult him, right? He did it to himself so he deserves it?

Anyway, I'm guessing McDNicks17 and the rest of the mods would like this dropped, so it's dropped. Wouldn't hurt anyone to show some empathy though.
Adding to your point because I agree.

Theres a reason men dont talk about mental health or what's going on.

Its unfortunate and a stigma that needs to change.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

You mean you werent expecting a 18 year old taken completely out of his element, thousands of KM's from home to have troubles mentally?

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Is Edmunudson an actual rumour or just a bunch or HF posters getting their panties in a knot about something that will never happen?
It's media guys thinking it's a great idea and the fans being baffled that they're so stupid for thinking it's a great idea while fearing the organization might be onboard with the whole thing

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
If Holland trades XB for Ednundson, I think there are many Edmontoners personally drive Holland to the airport.

My guess Edmundson takes like a 3rd + yamamoto.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
If Holland trades XB for Ednundson, I think there are many Edmontoners personally drive Holland to the airport.

My guess Edmundson takes like a 3rd + yamamoto.
I don't think Holland would make it out of the city alive, let alone find many volunteers to help him escape :laugh:

Reactions: DarksideGhost

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Sorry @ChaoticOrange for your loss as well (my comments about my brother were deleted but yours left up). If you feel I crossed the line with my comments regarding PJ I apologize.

Taking a forum break. See you guys in the new year sometime.

This time of year f***ing sucks.
Hey man - and I mean this - all the best. We both got a little heated. Sorry for my part in it.

I lost my mom in October three years ago, her birthday is in November, and Christmas was her favourite time of year. It f***in sucks.

I get too worked up and emotional about Puljujarvi because he's one of my favourites, I'll freely admit that.

Shoot me a DM if you ever need to chat. Dudes' gotta have each other's backs.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
You mean you werent expecting a 18 year old taken completely out of his element, thousands of KM's from home to have troubles mentally?

Social issues is absolutely to be expected. Mental health issues are not a reasonable expectation.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Hmmm seems like there's a few of those every year in the NHL, minus the mental troubles. Besides that...it's been 5 years now. Your excuse doesn't apply anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad