TSN Radio Rumour: Phaneuf to Oilers for Gagner and #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
We can afford to have 3 Clarksons with Islanders roster. They are just above the cap floor, we are right up to the celling in spendings. If you dont think that makes a difference I dont know what.

I just don't want to be the Islanders

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
It is true.

Dion gotta be traded. Its gotta happen. This team can't continue any further down this nightmare. It has to end.

Trade Dion
Trade Kessel
Trade Lupul
Trade Clarkson
Trade Gleason
Trade Reimer

No Bolland
No Franson

If you didn't replace any of them with a single roster player - let a bunch of scrubs step in - we'd be just as completive and stocked for the future.

The team is so bad we could bring up the Marlies and I doubt they lose 13 in a row. This team simply quits to get the coach fired all the time and they are highly overpaid. They have delivered nothing so it doesn't matter who goes.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Howard Berger, Steve Simmons and others have mentioned various Phaneuf rumours over the past week. Hockey Central and noon Daren Millard, Scott Morrison, Nick Kypreos and Doug MacLean have discussed various potential landings spots for Dion.

Berger and Simmons are writers, not insiders. The hockey central panel discussing landing spots does not deem it a rumor. They talk fluff all the time. Kypr even though he's highly regarded, he was recently called out by Patrick Sharp's agent for fabricating a story which took him down a few pegs in my eyes. Specifically in regards to the Dion rumor he posted a few weeks back. The only smoke is from hfboards.

deuce457

Nov 28, 2010
There was never any smoke, TSN 1050 shot this stupid rumor down. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It was discussed on TSN 1050. Just because you didn't hear it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Simmons said and I am paraphrasing here, but he said he has heard rumours that dion could go to Edmonton for Gagner and the 3rd pick.

TSN may be back tracking now, but it was mentioned on their rumour. It may not be a confirmed rumour.

If someone else tweeted it that he also heard it on the radio, how did this not get discussed on their show around 10am today?

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
It was discussed on TSN 1050. Just because you didn't hear it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Simmons said and I am paraphrasing here, but he said he has heard rumours that dion could go to Edmonton for Gagner and the 3rd pick.

TSN may be back tracking now, but it was mentioned on their rumour. It may not be a confirmed rumour.

If someone else tweeted it that he also heard it on the radio, how did this not get discussed on their show around 10am today?

If even TSN1050 won't acknowledge and take responsibility for that rumor, why should I then take Simmons seriously?

K19*

It'll never happen. We should walk slowly and inconspicuously away from the crime scene if we are even able to trade Dion and 8 for Gagner and 3.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Berger and Simmons are writers, not insiders. The hockey central panel discussing landing spots does not deem it a rumor. They talk fluff all the time. Kypr even though he's highly regarded, he was recently called out by Patrick Sharp's agent for fabricating a story which took him down a few pegs in my eyes. Specifically in regards to the Dion rumor he posted a few weeks back. The only smoke is from hfboards.

The only true way to diffuse Phaneuf rumours would be for Nonis to come out and officially say he isn't trading Dion.

However just last week he was quoted as saying he doesn't intend to trade Kessel. Rielly, Bernier and Bozak naming them specifically as unavailable. He is listening to offers and taking calls on everybody else.

Why wasn't Dion on that list if he potentially isn't going anywhere?

cack

Jul 30, 2013
Howard Berger, Steve Simmons and others have mentioned various Phaneuf rumours over the past week. Hockey Central and noon Daren Millard, Scott Morrison, Nick Kypreos and Doug MacLean have discussed various potential landings spots for Dion.

You basically listed the most irrelevant people and sources possible. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Leafs fans underrate Phaneuf so much it's criminal.

It's pretty stupid. We could have Crosby and most of this fanbase would complain that he is injury prone or something.

Most don't even appreciate Kessel, who is a top 10 offensive player in the League, and says he sucks because he doesn't throw hits.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton

How is someone like Berger who spent 20 years around the team not possible to have some people on the inside to give him info?

I didn't realize writing an article for a major Canadian newspaper meant you could not have inside information.

Are Garrioch and Francis also not insiders?

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009

Maybe Simmons just made something up and didn't expect to get called out on it.

cack

Jul 30, 2013
How is someone like Berger who spent 20 years around the team not possible to have some people on the inside to give him info?

I didn't realize writing an article for a major Canadian newspaper meant you could not have inside information.

None of them are insiders. Zero.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
The only true way to diffuse Phaneuf rumours would be for Nonis to come out and officially say he isn't trading Dion.

However just last week he was quoted as saying he doesn't intend to trade Kessel. Rielly, Bernier and Bozak naming them specifically as unavailable. He is listening to offers and taking calls on everybody else.

It's a pawn move to try to get more GMs on your phone. Once you've got them on the line, discussions can go anywhere.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton

At the same time it's silly to trust some random list.

How does Bozak make a list like that and not JVR?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

Why because the players agent got mad.....now that is some type of Logic!

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

Steve Simmons says "I've heard rumours' yeah what a great way to start your show as a co-host by grabbing everybody's attention with a bunch of fluff. Simmons is not an insider, he's a mouth piece for TSN, same with Cox with Sportsnet. A true insider is a guy like Bobby Mac

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Kypr even though he's highly regarded, he was recently called out by Patrick Sharp's agent for fabricating a story which took him down a few pegs in my eyes.

And Kypreos responded to that today. Just because the agent said something, does not make it true.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
It's pretty stupid. We could have Crosby and most of this fanbase would complain that he is injury prone or something.

Most don't even appreciate Kessel, who is a top 10 offensive player in the League, and says he sucks because he doesn't throw hits.

Kinda like how nearly everyone in the favourite player theead is listing Kessel?

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

Berger is a disgruntled old man who will say just about anything. Simmons is an enabler who seeks attention for his company. I'm not generalizing writers, only these two in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad