Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: Back on the Subban(d) wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bum

Ontario Oiler fan
Aug 31, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
So what's the deal with Hamonic then? First he wants out of NY, then he is okay with staying in NY, now he wants out again? Can this guy make up his mind?

Last edited:
A part of me really wants to see a Hall-Tavares duo just run show. Given all of their battles against one another during the OHL days and the mutual respect they've had for one another since, it'd be nice to see them tear it up in the Metropolitan.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Now that I've gotten all excited about Subban, Hamonic just seems so meh (and I've wanted Hamonic on the Oilers for years...)

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Now that I've gotten all excited about Subban, Hamonic just seems so meh (and I've wanted Hamonic on the Oilers for years...)

1238895886504840879.jpg

Oilers9314

Sep 23, 2015
Hey guys im located in australia right now and im wondering if there is a way i can watch the draft? I have gamecentre live but im not too sure if i can watch using that.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Hey guys im located in australia right now and im wondering if there is a way i can watch the draft? I have gamecentre live but im not too sure if i can watch using that.

I live in Australia too and I'm 80% sure I watched the live stream from the NHL.com website last year. I went to NHL.com earlier today and they advertised a live stream.

Broadcast starts at 7am AEST and the draft starts at 9:)

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
For our good Oiler Aussie friends.

I don't know if they will be carrying, but here are a few:

One would think NHL.Com will be carrying.

A quick question for the Aussie's. I read online once about a hockey league in Australia. Have you ever been to any games and how do the people like it there?

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Couldn't we potentially add both dmen? We'd just ship out one of the 3 big 6m guys for Hamonic+ (Eberle or RNH) and take Subban for RNH or Draisaitl + 4th + whatever and have a VERY strong dmen core.

Klefbom-Subban
Sekera-Hamonic
Nurse-Davidson
Gryba/Reinhart/Fayne

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
In terms of the Drai + #4 for Subban thoughts, that is simply not enough salary heading out. We'd deal 2 of our 3 best cap controlled assets for a massive cap hit. If we land Subban one of our $6 million forwards must be moved out without a whole hell of a lot of salary heading back our way whether in the same deal or a separate one.

We would probably want to add Fayne. That said the cap difference will only be for a yeae as Drai will make close to 6m the season after

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

A quick question for the Aussie's. I read online once about a hockey league in Australia. Have you ever been to any games and how do the people like it there?

Believe it or not it is called the AHL

I dragged my ex-aussie wife to the the finals in perth in 07--was not full but people enjoyed the game

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
Couldn't we potentially add both dmen? We'd just ship out one of the 3 big 6m guys for Hamonic+ (Eberle or RNH) and take Subban for RNH or Draisaitl + 4th + whatever and have a VERY strong dmen core.

Klefbom-Subban
Sekera-Hamonic
Nurse-Davidson
Gryba/Reinhart/Fayne

This would be the best summer ever

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

Previously mentioned was the highest league for spectators (still didn't cost money to go watch), but there's usually beer leagues in most if not all major places. I live on the Gold Coast and play in a league of 5 teams.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
If the Oilers are able to pull off a deal for Subban, would you trade Nurse for Hamonic?

Klefbom - Subba
Sekera - Hamonic
Davidson - Fayne
Reinhart

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
If the Oilers are able to pull off a deal for Subban, would you trade Nurse for Hamonic?

Klefbom - Subba
Sekera - Hamonic
Davidson - Fayne
Reinhart

Normally I would but Nurse is exempt from the expansion draft while Hamonic isn't.

If we made that deal we'd have to protect Sekera (NMC), Subban, and one of Klefbom or Hamonic.

But if we went the 8 skater route:
1. Sekera
2. Subban
3. Hamonic
4. Klefbom
5. Hall
6. RNH
7. Eberle
8. Lucic

...Ok nvm I would probably do it. I doubt NYI would deal Hamonic for Nurse, though

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
So what's the deal with Hamonic then? First he wants out of NY, then he is okay with staying in NY, now he wants out again? Can this guy make up his mind?

If you secretly want to bang your wife's friend, but that info gets out there and you rescind that request to keep your wife happy, does it mean you no longer want to bang your wife's friend?

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
the news about Harmonic is fantastic. I would rather have Harmonic + Demers at 9.7 mill than Subbban at 9. When the cost to aquire subban is factored in, this gets even clearer.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Rangers pursuing Shattenkirk. I wonder if we could snag McDonagh from them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad