Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: Back on the Subban(d) wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
If the deal actually did end up being the rumoured offer and Edmonton could send back Fayne + 32 with Drai and #4 that would actually be ideal because we'd still have the money then to sign Lucic. Then when McDavid is up for a new contract you could ship out Eberle and easily have the money to give him 10M+. Hopefully the cap rises a bit by then too.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I got some inside info from a poster here who would like to remain anonymous. He has been vetted as being a legit source. So here it goes:

Travis Hamonic still wants to live in Western Canada and is very open to Edmonton as he has heard his name attached to rumors to Edmonton. This comes from a source that is not affiliated with the Oilers or who has contacts with the Oilers FWIW. This source has been deemed to be legit by HF rules so this is not the typical rumor post that has been allowed to stand on HFOil for discussion purposes in recent months so take this with some weight behind it.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
The only way mtl fans seem okay with a subban trade is if it's drai+4+klefbom/nurse. If gms mirror fans I wonder if the potential deal breaker would be the add that the oilers have. Chia wants it to be fayne. Bergevin wants klefbom or nurse. I'd do nurse. Not klefbom.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I got some inside info from a poster here who would like to remain anonymous. He has been vetted as being a legit source. So here it goes:

Travis Hamonic still wants to live in Western Canada and is very open to Edmonton as he has heard his name attached to rumors to Edmonton. This comes from a source that is not affiliated with the Oilers or who has contacts with the Oilers FWIW. This source has been deemed to be legit by HF rules so this is not the typical rumor post that has been allowed to stand on HFOil for discussion purposes in recent months so take this with some weight behind it.

what did the source get right in the past to be considered vetted?

Drai+4 for subban
Eberle for hamonic

Defense fixed. Just need a bit of goal scoring help lol

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013
The only way mtl fans seem okay with a subban trade is if it's drai+4+klefbom/nurse. If gms mirror fans I wonder if the potential deal breaker would be the add that the oilers have. Chia wants it to be fayne. Bergevin wants klefbom or nurse. I'd do nurse. Not klefbom.

100% agreed. I would give up Nurse rather than Klefbom in a potential trade for Subban

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

Drai + 4th + Nurse could get you Lindholm + Hamonic. I rather have these 2 over Subban. Subban is not that good

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

The plot thickens.

Good god, Lemon. If we could come out of the offseason with Subban, Hamonic, and Lucic, we'd have to shove aside Gretz's statue to make room for Chiarelli's.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Drai + 4th + Nurse could get you Lindholm + Hamonic. I rather have these 2 over Subban. Subban is not that good

Every indication is that lindholm isn't available for anything . So no, it probably doesn't get you those two.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I wouldn't. Drai is so overrated it's not even funny. Until Drai can play 82 games at wing without tiring halfway through the season, the Oilers need RNH.

When was the last time rnh played 82 games of consistent hockey? You've been insinuating for weeks now that draisaitl can't do it. Well rnh has never done it in his career either.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Every indication is that lindholm isn't available for anything . So no, it probably doesn't get you those two.

So we are just going to sell the whole team for one player and forget about depth?

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013

I wonder though if Hamonic would actually be traded by Islanders though. First off he has an amazing contract and I am sure that NYI wouldn't want to give him up. As well he rescinded his trade request so I am assuming he isn't really pushing for a trade as he once was. Although if the Isles did get an enticing offer from Edmonton maybe something could be done? I really doubt it though

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
So we are just going to sell the whole team for one player and forget about depth?

It would be two prospects and a good young nhler. That's the whole team? Anyway, I'm just speculating on what could be the difference in the trade happening or not. I doubt chia would do nurse+drai+4

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
It would be two prospects and a good young nhler. That's the whole team? Anyway, I'm just speculating on what could be the difference in the trade happening or not. I doubt chia would do nurse+drai+4

Those pieces are corner stone pieces. They are not just throw ins. Yes it's nice to have a top 10 D but not every team has one. We don't need an elite D to be competitive.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
My argument is Subbans impact on the Habs on ice performance in the last 2 years under his present contract is negligible. Price goes down, Habs fold. I mean cluster**** fold, completely give up. Under Subbans high priced watch. What kind of 10M buck player sits around and watches his team fold like that? Or is part of it?

Sid Subban REALLY make the Habs better the last 2 seasons? I think this is a contractually entitled player. A made man.

I could state sarcastically that he should be a good fit here...

We'll your argument is wrong. Subban helped the Canadians to 110 point season and the 2nd round of the playoffs last year.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Im a huge Subban fan, was one of the fans who wanted to trade Yakupov+ for him before the 2012 draft.
At 9 million I would be very hesitant to trade 4th + Draisaitl to acquire him. Wouldn't be adding Nurse unless they retained 2-3 million, which wouldn't happen.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
I think it would be better to go after Faulk with some combo of 4 overall and Nurse or Drai with Fayne thrown in as a cap loss than it would be to deal for Subban. Faulk is cheaper, all around better, the cap hit matters, we could land Faulk and still have room to add Demers, imagine that defence.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
what did the source get right in the past to be considered vetted?

Drai+4 for subban
Eberle for hamonic

Defense fixed. Just need a bit of goal scoring help lol

I cannot/will not divulge any info on the source however he has gone above and beyond to be vetted. He has been vetted by HF policies not for instance like what we have been seeing from posters saying that they have sources without info being verified on HFOil.

The plot thickens.

Good god, Lemon. If we could come out of the offseason with Subban, Hamonic, and Lucic, we'd have to shove aside Gretz's statue to make room for Chiarelli's.

That would be insane and highly unlikely. IF it happened though our team would be transformed to a winner in a hurry.

I wonder though if Hamonic would actually be traded by Islanders though. First off he has an amazing contract and I am sure that NYI wouldn't want to give him up. As well he rescinded his trade request so I am assuming he isn't really pushing for a trade as he once was. Although if the Isles did get an enticing offer from Edmonton maybe something could be done? I really doubt it though

Well it is possible that the rescinding of the trade may have been more for show than anything (this is me speaking hypothetically). Hamonic has been a good trooper for them and is a solid team kind of a guy. The bottom line is that he wants to live in Western Canada and I'd assume that his GM knows his wishes. How his GM decides to handle the situation is entirely up to him. Hamonic has shown that he is capable of playing well while asking to be dealt so there's no guarantees of anything IMO.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
In terms of the Drai + #4 for Subban thoughts, that is simply not enough salary heading out. We'd deal 2 of our 3 best cap controlled assets for a massive cap hit. If we land Subban one of our $6 million forwards must be moved out without a whole hell of a lot of salary heading back our way whether in the same deal or a separate one.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Code:
They could. And even if they are, that doesn't matter. We've got all-star tier forwards even without Draisaitl/Tkachuk. We don't have an all-star tier defenseman.

People need to get over the Pronger trade. Forget it ever happened. It was more than a decade ago and a once in a lifetime deal coming off an unprecedented change in hockey structure where a bunch of teams were forced to clear salary in order to be able to play under the cap.

Eric Brewer was a top pairing dman who had been to the all star game and Olympics when we traded him. If we had someone like that you can bet your ass Montreal would take him and blue chip prospects for Subban. He was basically comparable to what Hamonic is right now. Maybe better.

Hamonic is not their top d-man, Leddy is..... andthey still have Boychuk and Pulock on the right side D.

They are losing Okposo and have never had an elite winger to play with Tavares....honestly, the stars are aligned for Hall to be an Islander by the end of the weekend.

Flame away, but I'd accept a Hamonic, Nelson, Bailey, 19th overall return for Hall and a cap dump (Fayne).

It allows us to get an excellent #3 who can log big minutes, get a nice future top-6 forward (Nelson) and some added depth up front, and an opportunity to walk away from the draft with both Tkachuk and Fabbro.

The salaries would be a wash going both ways, thus allowing us to give Lucic and Demers what they want on the UFA market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad