Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Continue on...

Previous thread: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2020-21 Pt. III

Last post from previous thread:

No doubt about it. I don't want Wahlstrom moved since we don't have the space to take on established top-6 forwards. Bellows was a potential chip but after testing positive for PEDs his value is at an all time low.

Sorokin and Dobson, I'm quite confident will transition to the league well and perform up to par. I'm not expecting Norris and Vezina seasons from either in the immediate future but if Sorokin can be a solid a 1B (very likely) and Dobson a second pairing guy by the end of this coming season we'll be on a good trajectory. Wahly is the wildcard, him panning out would really fill out the team with skill and scoring we've been lacking.

Reactions: Quickdraw2828

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Maybe he fell in love, chickened out on UFA, didn't want to move, likes his teammates, or the coach, or the GM. Who knows? In the end, he got paid probably an extra $500l-$1M to stay.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Heard that on the podcast too and was surprised. Wonder when it was, have to imagine it was pre Lou and Barry.
That can't be. I know relative time is all effed up right now, but he just re-signed last year after Lou and BT had been here for a year.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
That's true. Good point. Anyway, NBD, just found it curious.

I appreciate what you did there. :laugh:

Heard it too, thought it was interesting, but I figure they don't talk all the time so it was possibly older information and then he changed his mind.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
That can't be. I know relative time is all effed up right now, but he just re-signed last year after Lou and BT had been here for a year.

Eberle also went on Chiclets way back when and I'm pretty sure that was pre-Lou because of Lou's no-interview policy. That nugget to Whit could've been at that time.

Meanwhile Brock just went on Barstool's golf podcast. I'm sure Brock had to get the O.K. from Lou & PR but maybe because it was a golf podcast, he was allowed to. Only touched on the Isles a tiny bit.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I appreciate what you did there. :laugh:

Heard it too, thought it was interesting, but I figure they don't talk all the time so it was possibly older information and then he changed his mind.
And now back to our regularly scheduled waiting .............................

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Have no idea how to respond to the prior thread here but someone had mentioned it might be easier to move contracts like Boychuk, Komarov, Hickey, Clutter after next year because they will have only 1 year left at that time. I completely agree but just wanted to add that we might be able to unload one of them during the trade deadline next year to a team that is a bit banged up and needs some depth to stay in the playoff hunt without having to worry about the cap constraint at that point..

Still doesn't help us this year, but have to think something will happen good or bad in the next week or so as things shake up.. All eyes seems to be on Leo and Boychuk but notice Hickey is only due a total of $3.75M over the next 2 years (although he has an AAV of $2.5M) so maybe he could be in play as well , assuming he is healthy.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
I wish Eberle did what he said.

dowsnt surprise me he would be bad mouthing the org....doesn’t strike me as a guy who is glass half full type of person.

With respect to Martin and Greene, unless Lou has a plan for Ladd, it’s likely going to take more then just a Boychuk move.

Isles are really in a bad spot right now. Moneys pretty well spent for the majority of teams. Only a couple places that could take on JBs contract...Lou might have to pay a fortune. Like what happens if we can’t sell Boychuk or a similar contract? We don’t sign one of our RFAs? I’m not sure we can get everyone under the cap right now even without Greene or Martin signed.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
dowsnt surprise me he would be bad mouthing the org....doesn’t strike me as a guy who is glass half full type of person.

With respect to Martin and Greene, unless Lou has a plan for Ladd, it’s likely going to take more then just a Boychuk move.

Isles are really in a bad spot right now. Moneys pretty well spent for the majority of teams. Only a couple places that could take on JBs contract...Lou might have to pay a fortune. Like what happens if we can’t sell Boychuk or a similar contract? We don’t sign one of our RFAs? I’m not sure we can get everyone under the cap right now even without Greene or Martin signed.

Priorities ...

1) Barzal
2) Pulock
3) Martin
4) Greene

Strong chance that 2 of Martin, Greene and Brassard are not resigned. At this point the only moves I see as plausible are Ladd to IR and Hickey bought out.

We are stuck with Leo and Boychuk, no one wants these guys unless we are willing to give up a first round pick or bluechip prospect as a sweetener.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Hey, anybody ever hear this before about Eberle? 16:45 to 16:55. Just a bit of a "what?" moment. For me anyway. All I'd ever heard was that he loves it on LI.
Listen to Spittin Chiclets on TuneIn
My guess is that Eberle didn't see a future with them, as in he didn't think the team was going to re-sign him. He may have liked it, but when Lou approached him, he was pleasantly surprised.

Whitney also likes to shit on the Islanders, so who knows.

Reactions: bstash19

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Hickey is only due a total of $3.75M over the next 2 years (although he has an AAV of $2.5M) so maybe he could be in play as well , assuming he is healthy
I guessed a while back that Hickey could be a candidate to go to Ottawa - not sure if they need D now though. But, if healthy as you said, he could provide some cheap veteran minutes for them with more cap hit than salary.

Reactions: 19 in a row

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Yeah, same here what exactly did he say. I’d be shocked if he bad mouthed the team. That doesn’t seem like him at all.
I know, and I can't get any context lol. Guessing it's about hitting free agency.

I do know above all he said that his biggest factor into staying was Trotz because he had like 6 different coaches in Edmonton and came here and it was also a turnstile but Trotz is obviously sticking.

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
I'm getting a bit worried about the situation tbh. Our options seem very slim. We're might keep our players but I'm struggling to see how we're not going to be any stronger than last season.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
On the most recent Spittin Chiclets Ryan Whitney talked about how Eberle, in the past, had told him that there was no way he was going to re-sign with the Islanders.

He related this to Hall telling him that he was most likely going to sign with a contender and then wound up on the Sabres.

He was admitting that his buddies tell him things that he believes are completely true and then things change.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
On the most recent Spittin Chiclets Ryan Whitney talked about how Eberle, in the past, had told him that there was no way he was going to re-sign with the Islanders.

He related this to Hall telling him that he was most likely going to sign with a contender and then wound up on the Sabres.

He was admitting that his buddies tell him things that he believes are completely true and then things change.
I'd be an incredible amount of money that was after his first season or just getting traded there. Pre Trotz and Lou.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007

Wait so this was just some other guy claiming what Eberle said? Not Eberle’s voice himself? And you guys believed that? The posts from all of you were very misleading for those of us who could not listen yet. Made it sound like Eberle himself was on a podcast talking bad about the isles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad