Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I mean sure. That is obviously not the game ownership was playing though (which they handled wrong obviously). Me and you can debate on what's the right move, but Isles management gets paid the big bucks to call the shots and Malkin and Ledecky ****ed that one up big time.

All said perfectly. Well done.

Based on that here's my two massive things:

1. If L&M can **** it up once...They can **** it up again. I'd have a lot more confidence in them if they got it right the first time as there are no guarantees that people learn from their mistakes.
  2. If you're trying to resign a player and they don't resign by the trade deadline, then YOU MUST ASSUME THEY ARE LEAVING AND TRADE THEM.

If Lee/Nelson/Eberle are on this team and unsigned on March 1st that is another failure by this franchise...Playoff contender or not.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Saw online that a proposed trade for Pietrangelo would be Ho-Sang, Wilde, and a 1st rounder. Pietrangelo has one more year on his deal ($6.5M) and is currently on LTIR.

Too rich for impending UFA. If Tarasenko is available however, Lou should be all over that - all we've talked about is how we need a sniper. Maybe he and Sorokin would hit it off?

Here's my "From Russia With Love" dream scenario ...

1) Islanders acquire Tarasenko in a blockbuster deal - picks, prospects, maybe roster player (Eberle? Blues could re-flip him for a first later this season, opens up a RW slot)
2) Sorokin lands at JFK and is greeted by Komarov, who has a sign with his name on it at baggage claim
3) Artemi Panarin wonders why his countrymen are flocking to LI - Lou gives him a blank check on 7/1

Nelson, Eberle = OUT
Panarin, Tarasenko = IN

** Ladd is bought out, somehow, someway

Panarin-Barzal-Tarasenko - Other teams can double team Barzal if they want, but that would not be wise..

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Grandma stop.

Let’s sign Panarin, content we are.

AND bring in a true 2nd pairing D man; we won’t be squabbling over whether we are sellers come 2020.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Grandma stop.

Let’s sign Panarin, content we are.

AND bring in a true 2nd pairing D man; we won’t be squabbling over whether we are sellers come 2020.

It's late and Grandma hasn't had her warm milk yet.

Pietrangelo, I'd love to acquire - but he's going to free agency - we don't need to go through that again, besides isn't he BFF's with traitor?

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Does grandma make sandwiches? (Bad Santa reference).

Lol.

Petro will stay in St. Louis. Well have our poor mans version in Noah D.

I’d love Tarasenko, but not happening.

Reactions: Strummergas

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Does grandma make sandwiches? (Bad Santa reference).

Lol.

Petro will stay in St. Louis. Well have our poor mans version in Noah D.

I’d love Tarasenko, but not happening.

I threw some shit on the wall just to see if it stuck on the main boards and value wise - it doesn't seem like the following pack is far off ...

Wahlstrom
Wilde
2019 1ST
2020 2ND

for

VT91

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
At this point, with all these big names being mentioned as available, Lou should trade every pending ufa besides Lee for picks, and use them as currency in the summer.

Reactions: IODCPiper

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Saw online that a proposed trade for Pietrangelo would be Ho-Sang, Wilde, and a 1st rounder. Pietrangelo has one more year on his deal ($6.5M) and is currently on LTIR.

At the end of the last draft weekend,someone posted a tweet saying Lou had backed out of a potential EK trade because with only 1 yr left on his deal,he refused Lou's extension request.

If Lou is not giving up top assets for 1 yr of EK , I do not see why he would give up top assets for a 1 yr of Pietrangelo.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
If isles start selling players we will see Seattle in the playoffs before the Islanders. Now you see why JT left
Yeah,I can see why Tavares grew tired of waiting for the rebuilding to show serious results on the ice.

What I cannot see is why, if he was so frustrated with rebuilding, he would ask the isles not to trade him ,only to bolt sevaral months later.

What a totally s***** move,leaving a franchise he claimed to love empty handed.I hope he never wins a SC.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
At the end of the last draft weekend,someone posted a tweet saying Lou had backed out of a potential EK trade because with only 1 yr left on his deal,he refused Lou's extension request.

If Lou is not giving up top assets for 1 yr of EK , I do not see why he would give up top assets for a 1 yr of Pietrangelo.

What about with an extension? I understand he can't sign one until the season has concluded, but he could still be available then.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
If St. Louis is going to move anyone, my bets would be on Schwartz/Fabbri whom both have had injury problems for a while now.

Or someone like Bouwmeester who is bad now.

When they say Tarasenko might be available, it’s likely for such a high price that no team would be willing to pay (think Beauvillier + Wahlstrom).

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
What about with an extension? I understand he can't sign one until the season has concluded, but he could still be available then.
Then I am hoping Lou is kicking the tires in the offseason.
Just do not want any handshake agreement or trading for him and trying to woo him into staying.

Reactions: PK Cronin

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
When they say Tarasenko might be available, it’s likely for such a high price that no team would be willing to pay (think Beauvillier + Wahlstrom).

I agree. I think the price for Tarasenko would be a huge overpay.

My first choice is for Lou to make a big pitch for Panarin on July 1st and keep the isles top youngsters.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach

My first choice is for Lou to make a big pitch for Panarin on July 1st and keep the isles top youngsters.

We've had this bizarre infatuation with hoarding prospects, I've been guilty of it too. It's time to make an impact move, you don't have to gut the team.

There are two high end snipers in Bellows AND Wahlstrom
There are two D in Dobson AND Wilde

And then you still have the entire Bridge - mainly Ho-Sang and Toews

Packaging 1 F and 1D and picks for a guy like Tarasenko would tranform this team and guarantee he plays here for the next 4.5 seasons

Panarin controls his own his destiny. Of course, I'd like to get him if we could do so without trading guys out, but so does every other team in the league including CHI, who command a lot more respect then us and a place he is familiar with and thrived in already.

Reactions: SteveH124

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The whole "I love Tarasenko but it's not happening" excuse isn't accurate. By all accounts, he's on the block. We have the pieces available, the only question is how high we're willing to go in the bidding war.

Do we pull the trigger and bring in an elite winger to play alongside Barzal? Or are we comfortable with Eberle/JHS/Wahlstrom as RW depth for the foreseeable future?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The whole "I love Tarasenko but it's not happening" excuse isn't accurate. By all accounts, he's on the block. We have the pieces available, the only question is how high we're willing to go in the bidding war.

Do we pull the trigger and bring in an elite winger to play alongside Barzal? Or are we comfortable with Eberle/JHS/Wahlstrom as RW depth for the foreseeable future?

Can we bring in an elite player to play away from Barzal please?

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
If St. Louis is going to move anyone, my bets would be on Schwartz/Fabbri whom both have had injury problems for a while now.

Or someone like Bouwmeester who is bad now.

I read somewhere that wahlstrom sucks now ans he is trending toward bust. So id do it. :sarcasm:

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY

I know we can all hope for panarin. But the pessimist in me says theres zero chance he picks us over our buddies in Manhattan.

Reactions: seafoam

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Lee on a line with Nelson, Tarasenko on a line with Barzal, we'd be rolling. Bailey and Beau with whomever.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Would ROR be that player?

I'd be fine with him. Doesn't really matter, I just don't want Barzal with our second best player. Spread the wealth. We saw how much of an impact having a 1-2 punch had last season on the offense. We need more of that, not less.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Would ROR be that player?

Would love him as a second line center. Like Duchene, great on face-offs. He's better defensively though. I could see him playing a more "familiar" style of game that Lee and Bailey would do well with. A poor man's Bergeron to pair with the Isles poor man's McDavid.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

I'd give more for Pietrangelo if he was healthy and signed for 3+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad