Rumor: Rumors & Proposals: What is Chia the Terrible going to pull out next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Man am I sad :(

Has any insider confirmed Lucic will be signing here since Lucic called BS? I know he's gotta be coming if we traded Hall, but just wanted to see if it has been confirmed.

Dreger said he would be shocked if it doesn't happen.

What is Larsson's contract like? What's the term and will he be an RFA or UFA at the end of it?

A very friendly $4.1 million contract for 5 more years.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Because he had the most own zone starts in the league?

Greene played even less PP time than Larsson did. He has been a 40 point D twice in his career.

No he hasn't. He's hit 37 points and 32 points. Those were his most productive seasons and he hit 37 points when the Devils had Kovalchuk, Parise, Elias still producing etc.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
So does the Larsson trade eliminate Demers? I would think Chia would be looking for an offensive dman now.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
No he hasn't. He's hit 37 points and 32 points. Those were his most productive seasons and he hit 37 points when the Devils had Kovalchuk, Parise, Elias still producing etc.

You mean, Greene, a defenceman who scored less points than Larsson did this year (with a much lower +/-), was most successful when he was playing behind forwards less talented than ours?

Huh.

It could be better than we think.

We definitely lose the trade, but if we sign Lucic and can grab another defenceman we look like a much better hockey club.

Lucic-McDavid-Pulju
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Eberle
Maroon-RNH-Yak / Korpi / Pak
Hendo-Letestu-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Demers
Nurse-Reinhart

Talbot
????

That is a significantly more balanced club.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Of course I would have liked a add from the Devils in this deal, but I think it's pretty telling if you read through the first couple pages on Devils board some don't like the trade at all for them and most are mixed emotions about it. Welcome to the Oilers Larsson think him and Klefbom are going to be a very good pairing for us for a long time and only going to cost us about 8m a year.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Then this season is tanked too when an 18 point player is consider our offensive d-man.

I assume he'll put up more points getting primo minutes on the PP and with McD. Whether that qualifies him as an offensive Dman is still questionable, however, I get that.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Do we think there's any dark horse free agents that the Oilers could be in on aside from Lucic and Demers?

Kris Russell I think is a realistic possibility. For better or worse.
Maybe Zach Redmond. Or Jamie McGinn. Chia has always loved him.

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
Now that a opening for RHD on the devils, does that not seem a likely landing spot for shattenkirk?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Who are they planning to trade for that player then? McDavid? lol. I think realistically this is it. Hopefully Larsson develops well for us.

Betting RNH for Dumba is still on the table. Maybe Chiarelli's just waiting for Minnesota to throw in a 4th rounder.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
no they don't

Chia said as much

He said 'offence isn't his forte', but he could just be referring to his past career up to this point. Chia did go on about the potential he saw in Larsson, 'just scratching the surface', and so forth. I don't doubt Larsson will be used in a lot more situations this year to open up that offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad