Rumor: Rumors & Proposals: What is Chia the Terrible going to pull out next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
I think the best barometer in situations like this where we are too emotionally involved in the franchise is to view our rival fans thoughts.

CalgaryPuck is devastated at this trade. They think we got a good deal. That should mean something here.

Perhaps this board needs to step away from the emotional aspect of the trade.

Of course, it's a lunatic asylum here at the best of times.

Oilking83

Jan 14, 2009
Oil Country
and he played on the devils and barely got PP time, or maybe that piece of info didnt fit your argument...

people need to get over their hall infatuations, its embarsssing

Do you think there's a reason Larsson didn't get power play time in NJ? Such as he isn't very good on the power play? It's not like he was battling PK Subban or Erik Karlsson for pp time in NJ.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Ok, now that I've cooled off a bit it had me thinking. We may have lost the trade but in the grand scheme of things. Hall out, Larson, Pul in, and potentially Lucic + demers in. We are a better hockey team. But was it worth it? If wins result than yes it was.

But we would've had Pul in and possible Lucic + Demers in regardless. Hall didn't need to go for that to happen.

oilers92

Jan 26, 2010
Edmonton
What I found interesting in Chia's presser besides the fact that he's still in play on an offensive dman (im assuming Shattenkirk), is he mentioned that the Oilers had to trade Hall today (didn't want to get into why).
My question is Why?
Something to do with FA on July 1rst? (but then why couldnt he make the deal tomorrow?)
Was there any clauses in Halls contract? Or is it because there's another trade in the works?
Anyone know?

maybe a trade with either Montreal or Nashville? had to get it done early due to Subban's impending NTC. Or could just be he wanted to have a day to re-access what this does to the team with regards to free agency.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
maybe a trade with either Montreal or Nashville? had to get it done early due to Subban's impending NTC. Or could just be he wanted to have a day to re-access what this does to the team with regards to free agency.

I was thinking maybe Ellis would be available now that PK is there. Pouliot for Ellis?

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Of course, it's a lunatic asylum here at the best of times.

Not the trade I was praying for but all things considered it's not bad.

If we get Lucic or Eriksson I actually will be happy overall.

I would have thought we would have gotten a first rounder on top of this but beggars can't be choosers.

I will miss Hall greatly but in all honesty he wasn't going to help this team win again without someone like Larson to hold down the back end.

29th place last year people. By one point by a team trying to finish last. We need change.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010

I would have thought we would have gotten a first rounder on top of this but beggars can't be choosers.

I will miss Hall greatly but in all honesty he wasn't going to help this team win again without someone like Larson to hold down the back end.

29th place last year people. By one point by a team trying to finish last. We need change.

This and you have the added benefit of Hall being on New Jersey a team you don't really have to worry about burning you in a ton of games every year.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
I think the best barometer in situations like this where we are too emotionally involved in the franchise is to view our rival fans thoughts.

CalgaryPuck is devastated at this trade. They think we got a good deal. That should mean something here.

Perhaps this board needs to step away from the emotional aspect of the trade.

Couldn't care less about what those troglodytes think.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Do you think there's a reason Larsson didn't get power play time in NJ? Such as he isn't very good on the power play? It's not like he was battling PK Subban or Erik Karlsson for pp time in NJ.

Chia said as much that he didn't think Larsson was 'great' on the PP and its something he'll also have to address.

:shakehead

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Maybe Chia can address the offense through a short term contract to Campbell.

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Campbell
Davidson-Reinhart

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

Because he had the most own zone starts in the league?

Greene played even less PP time than Larsson did. He has been a 40 point D twice in his career.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

28th, here we come. Movin' on up.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Please Chia get Barrie. I will feel better. Not sure what we give up in that deal.. Ebs +? Nuge? Not really sure. Then sign a stop gap C? Not sure.

Lucic - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Maroon - Drai - Eberle
Pouliot - X - Yak

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Barrie
Davidson - Nurse

Talbot

Is something I can live with.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Flames fans think every Oilers player is garbage. They think it's good for the Oilers because of their irrational hatred of Hall, not because they think Larsson is any good.

Read some posts from Calgary avatars around here; Oilers would have been better just by waiving Hall and signing Demers. Those are actual words that a human being typed on the internet.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
Man am I sad :(

Has any insider confirmed Lucic will be signing here since Lucic called BS? I know he's gotta be coming if we traded Hall, but just wanted to see if it has been confirmed.

oilers92

Jan 26, 2010
Edmonton
I was thinking maybe Ellis would be available now that PK is there. Pouliot for Ellis?

isn't ellis on a great contract? I doubt they move him for a guy whose not given how they just took on 1mil more a year cap hit unless chia retains on pouliot to even out the caps a little or takes a cap dump with him

CdnFan

Apr 9, 2016
I was originally disappointed with return on Hall, but when I see Larsen's contract it looks much better.

I think if Hall had been traded for Subban, everyone would have immediately sais "Good deal."

But after more thought I asked myself, who would I rather have "Subban at $9m" or "Larsen at $4.2m", I'd rather have Larsen at $4.2m.

Maybe Chia isn't as dumb as I first thought he was....

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I was originally disappointed with return on Hall, but when I see Larsen's contract it looks much better.

I think if Hall had been traded for Subban, everyone would have immediately sais "Good deal."

But after more thought I asked myself, who would I rather have "Subban at $9m" or "Larsen at $4.2m", I'd rather have Larsen at $4.2m.

Hall alone does not get PK--it would have been Hall and the 4th

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
What is Larsson's contract like? What's the term and will he be an RFA or UFA at the end of it?

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo

Larson is a mid pairing guy currently; whereas Subban is a legit #1. He's easily worth more $.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad