Rumor: Rumors & Proposals | Turtleman, Turtleman, Does Whatever a Turtle Can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
i doubt they want a 1st depending on him signing, i'd probably do next years first for him though without taking cap dumps or adding anyone like Bear or 2nd's

That is next years first though lol. I just made a lot of conditions. This trade would be done after the draft.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Trouba wants 7mil a year and Nurse is cost controlled?

I think thats a bunch of bs. There are plenty of young players who are putting up much better numbers getting a lot less.

7 mil is just silly posturing.

I would be shocked if he gets 5+

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I think thats a bunch of bs. There are plenty of young players who are putting up much better numbers getting a lot less.

7 mil is just silly posturing.

I would be shocked if he gets 5+

That's fine, the Oilers value Nurse, they don't feel Trouba is worth a cost of Nurse. I don't blame them, because I agree.

Not sure what's complicated about this.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
How would we feel about:

Yakupov

for

Svechnikov and Datsyuk's contract?

The Oilers might even get a mid-round pick back. The Wings need to off load Datsyuk to sign Stamkos.

Handcuffs ability to get a top pairing D with less cap space.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
I think Drai will eventually be a more impactful player for the Oilers as well eventually. A big skilled 2 way center.

I think Subban's impact would easily offset the loss of such an asset.

Look at the stats, you's be surprised at how well Kessel stacks up to Hall. In fact, him being a much better goal scorer probably gives him the edge although Hall is a better possession player so I'd say that they are a similar level player.

Not sure how "Hall is just like Kessel" is a critique. Kessel is a borderline elite player in his own right.

What's your definition of elite? Top 10 player leaguewide? Top 20 player leaguewide? Top 3 at his position?

He's easily a top 20 forward in the league, top 5 in his position a elite ES point producer and play driver.

I don't think he qualifies for any of these, the last one could possibly be debatable but do you see him as clearly better than Wheeler and Pacioretty? I don't see it personally.

See above re: Kessel. Wheeler and Pacioretty are outstanding players. If this line of argument is meant to minimize Hall, it's not working.

I keep seeing this elite word thrown out for Hall and franchise player but I'm just not seeing what he's done to earn these titles. Elite players don't have the last 2 seasons that Hall had and I can't remember the last elite player the level of puck management skills that Hall does. I've rarely seen such a highly regarded player fumble the puck as much as he does and make so many poor decisions when he does hold onto the puck. Such a frustrating player to watch at times, he was dreadful the last half of last season. Left a bad taste in my mouth to be honest.

Again, you're talking style or aesthetics.

This is all getting off track. Point is: if Montreal opts to trade PK and it takes Drai and not Hall to make it happen, the Oilers should bite the bullet.

Last edited:

WoolyWhatsIt

Jul 28, 2009
Rishaug still talking about Severson...thinks it's going to take Eberle for Severson +

not sure I like losing Eberle and weakening our thin RW spot for more "potential"

Alternatively this opens up 4-5 million bucks to bring in a guy like okposo etc to fill in on the right side.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Rishaug still talking about Severson...thinks it's going to take Eberle for Severson +

not sure I like losing Eberle and weakening our thin RW spot for more "potential"

They just had better be sure about the project they're getting this time.

We can't afford Reinhart trade 2.0, and for an important player this time instead of just picks.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
We better be getting a serious + with that. Severson is not the answer.
The devils are as desperate for an Eberle as we are for defense..

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Eberle for severson would be such a stupid trade. Top line rw for a bottom pair dman? Chia already got his lunch money stolen trading for a young dman once. Please don't have it happen again. Severson would get here and we'd ask him to play top 4 minutes, he'd obviously fail, and we will have yet another bottom pairing dman. Joy.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
We better be getting a serious + with that. Severson is not the answer.
The devils are as desperate for an Eberle as we are for defense..

Devils fans think Severson has Top pairing potential :laugh: You should read what they say when we only offer them Yakupov for him.

North

Jun 25, 2009

Potential is nice, but the 6 million dollar guys have to bring in for sures, not maybes because if they don't pan out, you just gave up one of your best trade chips.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I
This is all getting off track. Point is: if Montreal opts to trade PK and it takes Drai and not Hall to make it happen, the Oilers should bite the bullet.

That we can agree on although I have a feeling that losing Drai will hurt a lot in the long term but to get that #1 Dman, it's a necessary sacrifice.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I like Talbot's contract even more as a comparable. I would assume that Bernier is now likely traded to either Calgary or Dallas.

If Toronto's sure, good on them I guess.

Cant see Dallas wanting him unless they unload one of Niemi/Lehtonen the other way...even then Niemi and Lehtonen both are better than Bernier. And in Toronto's case, why would they want either one of Niemi/Lehtonen..

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Alternatively this opens up 4-5 million bucks to bring in a guy like okposo etc to fill in on the right side.

and if Okposo doesn't sign here? then we're even thinner

Eberle may be flawed, but he's a consistent scorer

Severson is young with a ton of potential...and the analytics guys like his numbers...but that + better be something significant

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Elite players do not fall off the face of the earth the 2nd half of a season like he did last year. If Hall played a fulls season at the level he did the 1st half you could call him elite and he would be on team Canada, but he didn't.

???

Hall has played a full season at the same pace he played the first half. He's done it twice in fact... that's what got him two top-ten finishes in scoring.

He definitely fell off this 2nd half... you'll note it happened only after we were pretty much mathematically eliminated (yet again).

Anyone who thinks a stud like Hall can handle losing for 5 seasons and still be highly motivated at the end of the season is being unfair. He's definitely frustrated... it isn't cool... and it isn't entirely his fault.

This is exactly what we all worried would happen... that we (the Oil) would break his spirit. I don't think it is too late, but this is definitely a warning sign that we need to get better NOW.

He needs teammates on D who can do their job as well as he can... then I have no doubts of his consistency/effort.

If the trade/UFA market doesn't allow us to get significantly better this summer, then we MUST trade Hall to accomplish that goal before we infect McD and so that we can hopefully salvage RNH and boost some value in Ebs.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Cant see Dallas wanting him unless they unload one of Niemi/Lehtonen the other way...even then Niemi and Lehtonen both are better than Bernier. And in Toronto's case, why would they want either one of Niemi/Lehtonen..

Get extra assets, get rid of Bernier, get a veteran back-up who will be just a back-up

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
and if Okposo doesn't sign here? then we're even thinner

Eberle may be flawed, but he's a consistent scorer

Severson is young with a ton of potential...and the analytics guys like his numbers...but that + better be something significant

He has Mark Fayne potential..
Has the size but is a stick checker and is certainly not a goal scorer.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Get extra assets, get rid of Bernier, get a veteran back-up who will be just a back-up

Toronto actually doesn't have all that much cap space anymore. They're loaded with bad contracts. I don't think they'd want to add more of these anchors now. They'd probably prefer some cap flexbility going forward so they can make more deals like the Andersen one.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
Was Severson even as good as Davidson was last year. The (+) added to him for Eberle better be pretty significant considering we'd be trading our best RW for a chance at Severson becoming our #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad