Rumor: Rumors & Proposals | Turtleman, Turtleman, Does Whatever a Turtle Can

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
If that's all chiarelli is planning, say hello to another guaranteed bottom 10 finish. Especially if the addition is someone like severson. Hopefully stauffer is just underselling here.

yeah if we added demers only, then i don't see us finishing higher than 20th overall next year

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Ryan Ellis has great stats for 2nd pairing dman 2nd pp as well as he can really move the puck. I would be very happy if Oilers aquired him. Lets not forget he plays behind Weber Josi Ekholm . And one of the better ev strength point gettening dman

Him and Eberle can recreate Tavares' magical play on the PP

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
I'm a bit confused by the fans on this board.

We're ripping Stauffer's tweets by saying that if Demers is the only addition on defense, we suck again, the world is ending, etc.

However, the same group of posters have been adament that we cannot sell low on guys like Hall, Ebs, or RNH.

Perhaps we should trust Chiarelli here? If our forwards are not returning value, the most logical step may be to just sign Demers, move out Yakupov, draft Tkachuk and see how the team performs on the ice in October.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
yeah if we added demers only, then i don't see us finishing higher than 20th overall next year
If we have the same type of injuries to our top players this season as last no matter what dmen we add . I can't see them finishing any higher then 28th.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm a bit confused by the fans on this board.

We're ripping Stauffer's tweets by saying that if Demers is the only addition on defense, we suck again, the world is ending, etc.

However, the same group of posters have been adament that we cannot sell low on guys like Hall, Ebs, or RNH.

Perhaps we should trust Chiarelli here? If our forwards are not returning value, the most logical step may be to just sign Demers, move out Yakupov, draft Tkachuk and see how the team performs on the ice in October.

the reason people are freaking out, is that we KNOW how this team will perform in october when it will be the same team as the past few years.... they will be terrible again, this should not be news to anybody

if all we do is sign demers, we are going to be bottom 10 in the league again without question

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

I think we add a Pysyk/Severson/Pesce level guy through trade and maybe another top 15 pick, and get Demers through free agency.

Klefbom-Demers
Sekera-Severson
Davidson-Fayne

It's an improvement. Not enough of one... But it's an improvement.

Then we lose Davidson or Pouliot in the expansion draft and plug and play Nurse or Tkachuk.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
If that's all chiarelli is planning, say hello to another guaranteed bottom 10 finish. Especially if the addition is someone like severson. Hopefully stauffer is just underselling here.

If we weren't plagued with injury this year we'd have finished lower so I don't buy that bottom 10 thing you claim. A solid RHD would be a solid improvement considering how awful our right side is currently.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
the reason people are freaking out, is that we KNOW how this team will perform in october when it will be the same team as the past few years.... they will be terrible again, this should not be news to anybody

if all we do is sign demers, we are going to be bottom 10 in the league again without question

How many games did this team play with McDavid, Drai, and RNH all in the line-up?

There's no reason to believe that our young players won't improve. Also, stability with coaching/management should create natural growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad