Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | You're My Boy Bouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You really bringing up his 1 goal in his rookie season? Come on. I thought you had something legit.

4 games according to Hockey Ref. His shooting percentage has been high basically every year he's played.

What is this obsession with towing the company line and shitting on a player as soon as they leave?

Oilers should kiss this dude's ass, without him they'd have lost to LA in round 1 and the narrative all summer long would be 3 1st round exits in 4 years, Oilers learned nothing from the previous year, McDavid/Draisaitl are one foot out the door and Holland would be straight up fired right now.

Last edited:

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
4 games according to Hockey Ref. His shooting percentage has been high basically every year he's played.

What is this obsession with towing the company line and shitting on a player as soon as they leave?

Oilers should kiss this dude's ass, without him they'd have lost to LA in round 1 and the narrative all summer long would be 3 1st round exists in 4 years, Oilers learned nothing from the previous year, McDavid/Draisaitl are one foot out the door and Holland would be straight up fired right now.
I’m not shitting on him. What are you even talking about? You tried to bring up a 1 goal season into a shooting % debate.

1693857162665.jpeg

Last edited:

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016

Oilers should kiss this dude's ass, without him they'd have lost to LA in round 1 and the narrative all summer long would be 3 1st round exits in 4 years, Oilers learned nothing from the previous year, McDavid/Draisaitl are one foot out the door and Holland would be straight up fired right now.
You're coming up with a narrative about a narrative that never actually happened.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You're coming up with a narrative about a narrative that never actually happened.

There definitely are posters pushing the "Kostin isn't worth 2 million and is a bum who will fall apart in Detroit" angle as soon as he decides not to gift the Oilers a discount and simply wants the same money that McLeod got (a guy who's production he equalled and then surpassed in the playoffs).

Dude is a good player and we're probably going to miss him. He saved our ass against LA, if we had lost in the 1st round of that series, the entire narrative around the franchise shifts entirely to a franchise trending backwards with McDavid/Drai probably looking for an exit ramp.

It's too bad we lost this player, I think if he was given time with McDavid or Draisaitl he would score 20+ and probably a lot more easily than Yamamoto or Puljujarvi did. Those guys looked like their hair was on fire every time McDavid or Draisaitl gave them a gimme feed, Kostin would just bury those kinds of feeds.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I liked Kostin and felt he provided a lot more than our usual array of 3rd/4th liners of the past. In the end it doesn't matter though our bottom 4 or 5 forwards and bottom pair Dmen don't mean much, none of them are going to be great.

Our top end players and goalteding will determine if this teams wins or not, as usual, as always.

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
There’s no real point in arguing about the difference in play between McLeod and Kostin. Neither is going to make or break the season.

I will say however that Kostin brings a more unique skill set and based on his shorter time in the NHL does have the potential to bring a bit more.

I think what we have with McLeod is what we have. A fast, soft bottom 6 centre who I think isn’t gonna grow his game too much more then what it is today

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
I liked Kostin and felt he provided a lot more than our usual array of 3rd/4th liners of the past. In the end it doesn't matter though our bottom 4 or 5 forwards and bottom pair Dmen don't mean much, none of them are going to be great.

Our top end players and goalteding will determine if this teams wins or not, as usual, as always.
Yes and no,
You don't see the value of the bottom 6 or the bottom pair?
Where did you play hockey?

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Completely glossing over the fact that Hellebuyck's SV% vs Vegas was worse than Skinner's, that Gibson has put up some of the worst numbers of the past 5 years, Hart is the opposite of a sure thing, and Saros & Demko completely unavailable.

Roloson's first playoffs was an 0.851.Talbot 0.846. What a wild concept that they improved after their first experience.
Not to mention Roloson was a complete gamble.

I fully expect Skinner to get better, He's the kind of guy that will take last year and be better for it.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

Why do you skew stats? It’s like when you said that Adin Hill save percentage was 0.01% better than Stuart Skinner.

Be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad