Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | You're My Boy Bouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
With the passing of every day that Bouchard hasn't been re-signed we have to wonder if there has been a change in terms of his camp's asking price or Holland's camp has something else on the burner trying to free up some cap to get him locked in beyond the next year or two. Either way I think that many of us will feel much better once Bouch puts pen to paper.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
With the passing of every day that Bouchard hasn't been re-signed we have to wonder if there has been a change in terms of his camp's asking price or Holland's camp has something else on the burner trying to free up some cap to get him locked in beyond the next year or two. Either way I think that many of us will feel much better once Bouch puts pen to paper.

He's preparing a Bouchard for Seider straight up. I can feel it :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

I wish there were more players who would take a bit of a cut to help the team win. RNH comes to mind and supposedly McDavid also signed for less as well.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I wish there were more players who would take a bit of a cut to help the team win. RNH comes to mind and supposedly McDavid also signed for less as well.
A lot of guys took less to be here. Kane and Barrie come to mind. I don't have anything to back this up but I bet Draisiatl had offer sheets and for more than 8.5 aav. A lot of situations are had to gauge. Maybe Campbell, Ceci and Hyman could have got more.

Reactions: McDrai

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
This.

Boggles my mind that those 2 guys take discounts, meanwhile.... Nurse.

I really need to get over that contract
He actually went on air boasting that he managed to get his parents retired. Good for him, I guess.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
A lot of guys took less to be here. Kane and Barrie come to mind. I don't have anything to back this up but I bet Draisiatl had offer sheets and for more than 8.5 aav. A lot of situations are had to gauge. Maybe Campbell, Ceci and Hyman could have got more.
You are out of your mind if you think Kane and Barrie took less to play here.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

Draisaitl really didn’t take less. Barkov the previous year signed for like 5.9. People were freaking out when Draisaitl signed at 8.5. It’s obviously a great contract in hindsight, and he’s earned it and then some, but it was high on the day he signed imo.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Draisaitl really didn’t take less. Barkov the previous year signed for like 5.9. People were freaking out when Draisaitl signed at 8.5. It’s obviously a great contract in hindsight, and he’s earned it and then some, but it was high on the day he signed imo.
People compared Barkov and Pasta’s lower AAV’s but fail to mention both were 6 year deals. His contract was market value for giving us 8 years.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

They are honestly probably just tied up with things. But waiting for the deal to be done is pretty frustrating. I hope its close to the 2 yr - 4m aav thats been discussed.

One thing that is pretty impressive with Oilers is that much doesn’t get leaked out these days.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
They are honestly probably just tied up with things. But waiting for the deal to be done is pretty frustrating. I hope its close to the 2 yr - 4m aav thats been discussed.

One thing that is pretty impressive with Oilers is that much doesn’t get leaked out these days.
Thats a good thing unlike MacT who big mouth always told others what he was doing.

Reactions: Oilhawks

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Yeah, but he vastly outperformed that contract from day one. We are talking about the consistent 100 point, 40-50 goal center, who's solid on faceoffs and in his own end. He'd easily get 12 million on the market.

Kevin Lowe: Bouchard gets all of his points playing the point on the best PP unit in the league. We will make this signing if it makes sense for the team.)))

Reactions: Duke74

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
This.

Boggles my mind that those 2 guys take discounts, meanwhile.... Nurse.

I really need to get over that contract

Can fans stop ripping Nurse? Go back and look at that market. Werenski, Jones all over 9 million. Nurse's agent used the market to sign the contract. That is a fact. Is this too hard for some fans to understand. If he hadn't signed, our top 4 would be

____ Bouchard
Ekholm Broberg

Do you feel like that's a Cup contending top 4?

He actually went on air boasting that he managed to get his parents retired. Good for him, I guess.

How on earth is that boasting? :help:

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I'll pretty much gaurntee Draisaitl had 0 offer sheets esp for more then what he signed for. Chiarelli was a laughing stock for signing that contract as drai was still a bit of a wild card TBH. Who would of thought drai would turn into the absolute beast he has become. We new he was good but I don't think anyone would of predicted he would be any were near as good as he is now

Reactions: TB12

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Can fans stop ripping Nurse? Go back and look at that market. Werenski, Jones all over 9 million. Nurse's agent used the market to sign the contract. That is a fact. Is this too hard for some fans to understand. If he hadn't signed, our top 4 would be

____ Bouchard
Ekholm Broberg

Do you feel like that's a Cup contending top 4?

How on earth is that boasting? :help:
1. I literally said it my post I need to get over that contract, chill.

2. You have no idea if that would be our top 4, with 9.25 mil in cap space you can do some things.

3. I agree, Nurse's agent did very well getting him that deal.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Prove it. Then again, you tend to say shit and provide no evidence.
I am not the one claiming they took less to play here. The onus is on the one claiming it. Until there is proof of that, I will smile.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I am not the one claiming they took less to play here. The onus is on the one claiming it. Until there is proof of that, I will smile.
1692555770287.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille