Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Will Evander Kane Once Again be Our Biggest Addition Around the Trade Deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Toxic masculinity - keep projecting with the hyperbole. No one is belittling mental health but you are projecting his sadness into a broad social issue. Try better than throwing slurs at people. And jumping to an extreme situation in attempt to justify yourself. No one NO ONE here has belittled mental health so stop pulling a Lehto.

We don't know Puljujarvi's situation within the team, friendships or not. Why would one assume he doesn't have any peer friendships on a team with good humans like Hyman, Nugent Hopkins, and others?
This board mocked Larsson because he didn't want to be here after his dad passed away.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
JP is six years into his NHL career and on his seventh as a pro. Aside from two possibly three short streaks he has never consistently shown that he can produce at more than a mid 30's point pace. I think part of this is that he is so susceptible to the consequence of losing confidence. That as much as anything could prevent him from every achieving his goals.

I actually agree with you about the damage that can be done by constant attacks. It is one of the real downsides of the internet age. It's also why so many players would prefer to play in cities where few care about hockey. But the reality is that it comes with the territory and unless there is a massive societal change its going to be the way things are for many years to come.

It's very hard for an organization to manage this. On one hand the reporter's job is to call it like it is. And this means being critical when criticism is deserved. But too often it crosses a line. Spec and Matheson have both crossed that line more than once in my mind. I'd be more than happy to see the team eliminate their access to players, but I am not even sure if they can under the League's rules.
Since returning from Finland, he's produced at a 37 point per 82 game pace. i think some people forget that the 20-21 season was only 56 games long.
When given the opportunity to speak on it, the game Jesse has always 'known' was one where he was an effective offensive leader. Likely due to a competitive advantage due to his size and physical growth at a young age. It the reason the bar he has always set for himself revolves around goals.

His defensive metrics were highly driven by his opportunity to play with elite offensive support. Those metrics unsurprisingly fell off this season.

Without much creativity I think we can come to the conclusion that this is a player that can be a safe defensive player on a skill line, but he'll be a play killer quite frequently.

As someone looking at not being qualified, it would be in his very best interest to sign in the market that trades for him next season. At league minimum.
This is not factual.

From 2021 to today, Puljujarvi's metrics without McDavid or Draisaitl are the following:

50.37 CF%
55.61 XGF%
52.18 SCF%
58.23 HDCF%

It's fine to say he hasn't been as good as we've wanted this season, but to say his results are a result of playing with 29/97 isn't accurate.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
This board mocked Larsson because he didn't want to be here after his dad passed away.

not everyone on this board has lost a parent let alone found one dead. I was with my father when he passed away and it is one of those things that some walk off and other just try to forget--but dealing with it can be difficult

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
That ship has sailed. I don't know who was making those remarks but it is unfortunate given the tragedy involved. Larsson was grossly undervalued by many here and has successfully re-booted his life and is a cornerstone with the expansion team. I've always had time for Larsson.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Where did he say he was lonely or are you making shit up? 3rd time I’ve asked now.
Is the idea of inference completely foreign to you?

"since it looks like I don’t fit anywhere here"
"Right now, I just don’t have the answer"

Things like that don't paint a picture of a guy that's loving it here. I believe his best friend on the team leaving is part of the issue, but not the whole story.

Why do you care anyway? You clearly don't have a shred of empathy for him anyway. Just shut up and play, amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad