Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Who Do We Land at the Deadline? Usual Suspects or Someone Out of Left Field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017

Imagine getting eliminated in game seven of a playoff series with a goal like this. Trade for Chychrun and it probably will happen.

Half ass for sure, but looks to me like Chychrun already has the oilers D mentality going for him and figured if he goes outside I got him if he changes direction he is no longer my man ......

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I don't care what you heard, I can support or bash any Oilers player I like. I can understand that there are some fans here who will cheer for Yamamoto no matter how useless he is, because they sympathize such a small player making it to NHL. That's their right. I'd like Edmonton to go to playoffs with players big enough to play in the playoffs.

Patrick Kane says hello.

Maybe if PJ had 1/100th of Kanes hockey sense he wouldn’t be a healthy scratch.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Not sure if posted yet, Lets see if Spec is right about anything

Reading the tea leaves I’m not sure Kane wants to come to Canada. Sounds like his heart was set on NYC. Maybe he winds up in Vegas.

Still think we move Bouchard in a deal for Chychrun and let Broberg / VD split time as the bottom pair D on the right side.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
David Pagnotta of The Fourth Period cites “multiple well-placed sources” who say that “the Kings and Arizona Coyotes have taken things up a notch or two and have been in consistent dialogue over a potential trade.”

Looks like Chychrun is going to LA. Don’t think the Oilers will be able to outbid LA for him.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
David Pagnotta of The Fourth Period cites “multiple well-placed sources” who say that “the Kings and Arizona Coyotes have taken things up a notch or two and have been in consistent dialogue over a potential trade.”

Looks like Chychrun is going to LA. Don’t think the Oilers will be able to outbid LA for him.
we can judge that based on what Arizona gets. I still think the Oilers are looking at Chychrun but are being quiet about it

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
He has info from one source and then gets it wrong--see Larsson. The Kane thing . . . I do not see that happening, though I'm sure Spector has heard from someone in the org about what they'd be willing to give up for him.

Reactions: frag2

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
This is the interesting quote in that article- "My sources tell me the Blackhawks would retain half of Kane’s $10.5 million salary, take Warren Foegele and Jesse Puljujarvi to make the money work, and require a first-round pick and a prospect — not Holloway or Broberg — in return. "

Personally I wouldn't do it.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Not sure how all players who are trade targets aren't salivating to play with Connor for a run this year. Oilers have a great team and to have the chance to win a cup with the best player on the planet playing the best hockey of his career, should be a no brainer.

Would love to get Seattle in the first round this year. Hopefully the stars align for that to happen and the Avs to miss.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Not sure how all players who are trade targets aren't salivating to play with Connor for a run this year. Oilers have a great team and to have the chance to win a cup with the best player on the planet playing the best hockey of his career, should be a no brainer.

Would love to get Seattle in the first round this year. Hopefully the stars align for that to happen and the Avs to miss.
maybe they are

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

Dallas will beat the Avs in the conference semi finals, setting up a conference final matchup between the Stars and Oilers, where Todd Marchant will make a surprise appearance in game 7 OT and score a breakaway goal for the Oilers.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I feel like we need one more high impact player, whether it be at defense or forward. 1st target should be Chychrun followed by Kane and other top 6 players

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
This whole trade Bouchard talk sound very familiar to when everyone ran Justin Schultz out of town. Dude went on to win 2 cups while we tried everything to fill that position including trading Taylor Hall for a right shot dman.

Schultz needed a wake up call. He gave up on the team and was playing pathetic hockey

He does have a point if he’s right about us not being in on Chychrun (let’s hope he’s not right). I’d rather add Kane than Edmundson.

Reading the tea leaves I’m not sure Kane wants to come to Canada. Sounds like his heart was set on NYC. Maybe he winds up in Vegas.

Still think we move Bouchard in a deal for Chychrun and let Broberg / VD split time as the bottom pair D on the right side.

Where are you getting that from? We know he wanted to go to New York, but we were in on him in the summer and it was rumoured Keith had him interested

We definitely CAN outbid them. The question is will we, and is it worth it? Imo, if you have to give up Bourgault and a couple 1sts, you still do it because we’re trying to win the cup and that makes us significantly better

I’d assume they are salivating at the idea of coming here. That’s why Kane, Hyman, Barrie, Campbell, etc were all linked here as their top destination

Reactions: RegDunlop

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
This is the interesting quote in that article- "My sources tell me the Blackhawks would retain half of Kane’s $10.5 million salary, take Warren Foegele and Jesse Puljujarvi to make the money work, and require a first-round pick and a prospect — not Holloway or Broberg — in return. "

Personally I wouldn't do it.
Damn. That’s basically getting him for free if you’re dumping Foegele’s deal in the trade.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Kane is horrible. Teams want him because of his reputation

Numbers and analytics say differently, but sure
Saying Patrick Kane is horrible while defending JP in the same post is hilarious.

GMs love their “Stanley Cup experience”.

He, Toews and ROR would be cap dumps without it.
Or they love a player that had 90 points last season and is on the last year of his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad