Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: "Wheat Kings and Pretty Things, Let's See What The Expansion Draft Brings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Why should we accept a deal for Hyman that we know will be bad by the end? We aren't a team like Pittsburgh that knows they'll rebuild by then

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
What free agent put Tampa Bay over the top the last two seasons.

And for every Toffoli there are 5 lucic, neal ect that don't workout.

1277927522.0.jpg

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
The Oil should stay away from all these top free agent wingers, unless they can get them around 5.5M aav (unlikely?).

Free agency should really be used to add value contracts (Tatar and maybe Schwarz) and depth players up front. The Oil need so much help that blowing their wad on a single winger won't make a huge impact.

If they do want to spend money it should be on a D like Hamilton. He would transform this team. Putting him and Nurse on separate pairings eating up 45 mins combined would be amazing.

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Its dangerous for Holland to deal with Yzerman and he shouldn't do it alone but who in organizations has the brains and clout to help him.? But Yzerman has the 1LW we need and at the right cap number and if they play the game right is available.

Who, Dylan Larkin?

He'll cost a fortune and is only signed for two years.

Idk about this idea

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Montreal trying to spread rumors that Price is completely busted is entertaining. Hope Seattle picks him anyways and doesn't believe it.

They could also grab Klefbom as a gamble also. Do you pick Benson or Khaira, or take a shot at Klefbom. Eeeeek! :oops:

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
What free agent put Tampa Bay over the top the last two seasons.

And for every Toffoli there are 5 lucic, neal ect that don't workout.

Oiler fans have to stop using Tampa Bay as the model team for 2 reasons.

1. They drafted well and got a ton of value in the later rounds. The Oilers are essentially past that point.

2. The lighting were like 20 million over the cap and you cant really replicate that.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I'm thinking Tyler Bertuzzi. Start with 1st rounder + Samorukov and keep going if needed.
Oh is that who he was thinking?

I can't remember what injury did he have. Concussion? I recall a upper body but that's it.

I'd need more info before speculating on getting Bertuzzi.

Reginald Dunlop

Apr 8, 2014
Oh is that who he was thinking?

I can't remember what injury did he have. Concussion? I recall a upper body but that's it.

I'd need more info before speculating on getting Bertuzzi.
A back injury of some sort that required surgery. Definitely a reason to give me pause but also the only reason we may be able to afford the trade price.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
29 year old Hyman: "He's done. His body is broken."

38 year old Keith: "He's got plenty left in the tank!"
1 player has 2 seasons left on his contract the other one is asking for 6+ years there is a tad bit of difference. How anyone can want Hyman after the Lucic/Neal debacle is perplexing.

Reginald Dunlop

Apr 8, 2014
I would not pay that price. Bertuzzi is really a younger version of Hyman. He will also be looking to get paid. You will be looking at $5.5M to resign him.
That's possible but keep in mind the difference in linemates between the two. Makes Bertuzzi's numbers much more impressive imo. Due to his injury may be a bit cheaper than previously thought also.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I see the Tampa model a bit like the 80s Oilers model.

80s Oilers model, keep the best teenager on the planet through weird shady deals. Then draft multiple Hall of Famers in the 1st couple of draft years, then you dominated.

You can do some things that Tampa does, but finding late rounders who become top-10 players in the world, Hedman becoming a modern Pronger and vasaleski(sp) becoming a top-5 goaltender aren't things you can plan for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad