• McLeod 2 Years Over $2 million AAV

• McLeod Longer Than 3 Years

• McLeod Traded

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
You are honestly dead wrong on that. There are a bunch of us, who do get annoying, because we want success. I am one of these annoying guys, but I love this team.
You’ve also only been here two months. Most posters probably haven’t even taken notice of you yet. The ‘annoying posters’ being referenced here are the ones who have been posting the same thing, across five threads at a time, day in and day out for ten years. Longer in some cases.

I’ve never understood that style of posting. Like the Kostin move for example has a few select folks posting slightly rearranged wording of the same comment dozens of times in the same day. Congrats on having that much free time I guess, but most members here are able to read and understand a post the first time. It just becomes clutter at some point. We all ‘want success’. Some of us realize that spamming a message board with our complaints is not likely to be a major factor in achieving it. Others apparently do not.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Boston fans lost Hall, Bertuzzi, Orlov and Hathaway and still want Bergeron and Krejci to come back to go for it.

Colorado fans lost Landeskog, Compher, Rodriques, Newhook, Eller and Johnson but are still going for it.

Heck even Vancouver fans think they can win now that they added Cole and Soucy.

I was laughing to myself when I was watching Donnie and Dali saying that Vancouver doesnt need help at forward. They have no problem scoring goals - 13th in the league and I'm like wait a second my team was THE best in the league and were still complaining.

Edmonton improved by adding Brown over Yamamoto but somehow downgrading from Kostin to Holloway and suddenly this team isnt good enough. When did some of you become so negative?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Bouchard would be a Saint if he took that deal IMO.
I think it's possible with the "handshake" to get a proper extension or a trade at the end of it. Plus he'd likely have arbitration then.

You could even structure it so it makes the choice obvious, yr 1 2.25, yr 2 4.25, making that QO significant-ish.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Boston fans lost Hall, Bertuzzi, Orlov and Hathaway and still want Bergeron and Krejci to come back to go for it.

Colorado fans lost Landeskog, Compher, Rodriques, Newhook, Eller and Johnson but are still going for it.

I was laughing to myself when I was watching Donnie and Dali saying that Vancouver doesnt need help at forward. They have no problem scoring goals - 13th in the league and I'm like wait a second my team was THE best in the league and were still complaining.

Edmonton improved by adding Brown over Yamamoto but somehow downgrading from Kostin to Holloway and suddenly this team isnt good enough. When did some of you become so negative?
I think fans have forgotten about Ekholm and the experience Skinner has received AND what we saw from Campbell in the Playoffs.

This D core we have is still one of our best and it was the one that went on that run from the the deadline to Game 6 of round two, where they lost because Nurse was suspended and Skinner was bad.

What we have gotten is, finally, a top six that doesn't need anyone from the bottom six to come up, hopefully a confident Campbell and a 1 year veteran in Skinner along with Broberg who will have the opportunity to showcase what he has. Oh yes and it will have 1 FULL YEAR OF MATTIAS f***ING EKHOLM WITH BOUCHARD

At worst, we know this roster can take us to the Playoffs. If we need any add ons, there is the deadline

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

The team isn’t “suddenly” not good enough. The team was never good enough and Holland doesn’t appear to have any interest in improving the team in meaningful ways this summer.

This only acceptable outcome at this point is a cup win. Nothing less is good enough.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Easily 40+ with the sens and probably between 30-40 with the nucks because Hughes
Likely not in Ottawa. And if Bouchard did have the ice time to approach 40 points he'd have the worst +/- on the team. Drake Batherson was a -35. So worse than that.

Bouchard doesn't get on the power play in Vancouver because Quinn Hughes makes so much money. Bouchard still manages -20.

EzobL0uX0AIBMme

Last edited:

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
The team isn’t “suddenly” not good enough. The team was never good enough and Holland doesn’t appear to have any interest in improving the team in meaningful ways this summer.

This only acceptable outcome at this point is a cup win. Nothing less is good enough.

Its July 4th. I'm going to tell you the same thing my kids struggle with... have patience.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

We didn't win anything last season because of glaring holes in our lineup and stubborn coaching. In the meanwhile after the draft and 4 days of free agency we have only improved in 1 of those areas and that's 1st or 2nd line RW. We downgraded down the middle from when we last played by losing Bjugstad, we lost toughness and a quality depth player in Kostin and we haven't upgraded in goal or on D.

Out: Bjugstad, Kostin, Yamamoto
In: Brown, Holloway, Lavoie?

I don't doubt that Bown is a sizeable upgrade on Yamamoto, but unless Holloway steps in and chips in more than Kostin did offensively to offset the loss of toughness from Kostin that could be a downgrade and then we have Lavoie who is a major wild card. Not nearly good enough for a team trying to make a push and be all in after the Brown contract structure.

Oilers49er

Jun 25, 2018

This team's offense is fine, but the fact the D is the same is an absolute fail this offseason. Two playoffs in a row they tried to outscore their defensive issues. It doesn't work.

Yes Holland will be reactive and make a trade at the deadline, but is it for a top 4 D or depth D. If people get tricked because Ceci plays a little better then Holland won't change the top 4.

It's simply not good enough D and potentially not good enough goaltending. Two spots Holland hasn't fixed in 5 years.

0 Division titles.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Our forwards are straight up better a Bjugstad for a 3rd or something at the deadline will happen.

Brown is going to outscore Yamo + Kostin combined tbh and I like Kostin a lot.

We will be perfectly fine and can add at the deadline and we still likely sign another depth forward per the media.

At worst we are basically flat from last year but are starting the year better off than prior as Skinner has more time in and hopefully learnt the lessons of this playoffs. We have Ekholm from game 1.

Last year we were all cup or bust around here and didnt have Ekholm coming in. That is a large hole we dont need to fill and we legitimately just need more depth on the backend if Broberg isnt good and enough and Ceci doesnt rebound enough and we are way better off.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We didn't win anything last season because of glaring holes in our lineup and stubborn coaching. In the meanwhile after the draft and 4 days of free agency we have only improved in 1 of those areas and that's 1st or 2nd line RW. We downgraded down the middle from when we last played by losing Bjugstad, we lost toughness and a quality depth player in Kostin and we haven't upgraded in goal or on D.

Out: Bjugstad, Kostin, Yamamoto
In: Brown, Holloway, Lavoie?

I don't doubt that Bown is a sizeable upgrade on Yamamoto, but unless Holloway steps in and chips in more than Kostin did offensively to offset the loss of toughness from Kostin that could be a downgrade and then we have Lavoie who is a major wild card. Not nearly good enough for a team trying to make a push and be all in after the Brown contract structure.
Holland basically said it in his presser. He can’t really do much until Bouchard and McLeod is signed. This team as is, is good enough to win the Pacific. The deadline will fill 1-2 of those holes.
He can still fill them in the summer but until those contracts are signed, he is kind of handcuffed honestly.

Macblender

May 5, 2014

IDK we were pretty damn close to knocking off the team that won the cup.

Bad suspension that was a penalty twice in the regular season and it had the suspension waived. Stu had a little bit of a collapse with some bad goals.

That series could have gone either way and we could be signing a much different tune when that team rolls every club remaining.

I get it is cup or bust but dont act like the team is really that far away when we have months of hockey to play and the big needle moving moves from here on out happen at the deadline.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This team's offense is fine, but the fact the D is the same is an absolute fail this offseason. Two playoffs in a row they tried to outscore their defensive issues. It doesn't work.

Yes Holland will be reactive and make a trade at the deadline, but is it for a top 4 D or depth D. If people get tricked because Ceci plays a little better then Holland won't change the top 4.

It's simply not good enough D and potentially not good enough goaltending. Two spots Holland hasn't fixed in 5 years.

0 Division titles.
He has actively worked at fixing that d though.
Final game we played before Holland had our d as,
Nurse- Larsson
Klefbom - Benning
Sekera - Russell

Klefbom didn’t play after that, Larsson hurt his back and left in expansion.

Our dcore now is ENTIRELY different.

For goaltending he has actively tried to improve it every chance he has had.

Shit almost every team in the league would struggle to improve their d if their young top d LTIR off the face of the planet.

Edit: like shit, let’s look at each spot from that 2019 and how those guys played and the and compare to now
Nurse < Nurse
Klefbom < Ekholm
Sekera < Russell
Larsson < Ceci
Benning < Bouchard
Russell > Desharnais.

Last edited:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
IDK we were pretty damn close to knocking off the team that won the cup.

Bad suspension that was a penalty twice in the regular season and it had the suspension waived. Stu had a little bit of a collapse with some bad goals.

That series could have gone either way and we could be signing a much different tune when that team rolls every club remaining.

I get it is cup or bust but dont act like the team is really that far away when we have months of hockey to play and the big needle moving moves from here on out happen at the deadline.
I don’t think the team is that far away.

They need a legit top 4 RHD and a goalie who can make a save. Just 2 pieces.

But until they get those pieces the team won’t be good enough imo. Maybe Skinner can be the guy. I’m skeptical personally. But maybe. There’s no one in the organization who can fill that top 4 RHD hole. That needs to be added via trade.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We had the 11th lowest xGA 5v5 last year while having the 6th best xGF. Statistically our defense IS good enough

I don’t think the team is that far away.

They need a legit top 4 RHD and a goalie who can make a save. Just 2 pieces.

But until they get those pieces the team won’t be good enough imo. Maybe Skinner can be the guy. I’m skeptical personally. But maybe. There’s no one in the organization who can fill that top 4 RHD hole. That needs to be added via trade.
You are right on the missing pieces. Although if you loook at the cost for even average bottom pair guys right now, I don’t think solving that top 4 rhd spot is possible right now. Only potential name is Pesce.

Goaltending could easily be solved internally. I think it would be shocking for Campbell to at least not bounce back to a good backup and Skinner should see forward momentum too.

D is my only worry but if there is a move to make Holland will make it.

Like shit Adin Hill won a cup and only played cause Brossoit got injured. Goaltending is so all over the place.

Oilers49er

Jun 25, 2018
He has actively worked at fixing that d though.
Final game we played before Holland had our d as,
Nurse- Larsson
Klefbom - Benning
Sekera - Russell

Klefbom didn’t play after that, Larsson hurt his back and left in expansion.

Our dcore now is ENTIRELY different.

For goaltending he has actively tried to improve it every chance he has had.

Shit almost every team in the league would struggle to improve their d if their young top d LTIR off the face of the planet.

It took him his 4th year to acquire a top 4D.

He lost terribly on the Keith deal. He was lucky that Keith retired to get him that 5M.

He's done a poor job building the D core.

His drafting of Broberg was a terrible and obvious mistake and no it wasn't hindsight.

If Holland/Wright could actually draft this team would have been in good hands, but they haven't drafted a single impact player with 8th and 14th overall.

He's had cap, and assets and has failed with the backend and goaltending 5 straight years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad