Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Time For Holland to Awaken From His Slumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
At least the Flames got bad value for Tanev.
1709169970894.png

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
what's with Conroy having a hard-on for Russian guys all of the sudden?
Sharangovich
Kuzmenko
now this guy

true, I forgot Matthews signed a 13+ deal
no doubt he gets 12+
There’s a fairly large Russian population in Calgary. Russian buddy I had there years ago told me there was 50k Russians in Calgary, not sure if that’s true. They do have some sweet little Russian bakeries so that’s something.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

Flames owners must be the cheapest in the NHL...won't even retain

There’s a fairly large Russian population in Calgary. Russian buddy I had there years ago told me there was 50k Russians in Calgary, not sure if that’s true. They do have some sweet little Russian bakeries so that’s something.
but they never really had Russians on the roster in the past though...its not like they have a history of it

Reactions: brentashton

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
If Edmonton and Nashville are involved, or going to be involved, in a trade... I really hope it includes Tommy Novak

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
NJ retained some of that salary, so they got Tanev at 75% retained. I suspect Markstrom ends up in NJ after doing that favor.

Calgary is going to be so awful next season and beyond. They better get some more 1sts because 2nds are far from a guarantee. I hope they draft a crop of just mediocre players and end up stuck as a bubble team again.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He's actually quite good defensively and has decent four way mobility. The numbers aren't there but he's a good guy to have for a team heading into a rebuild. Late bloomer type prospect.

A 2nd, 3rd, 4th and a prospect. That ain't cheap.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I look forward to the incoming ten pages of whiny “why didn’t Holland beat that offer” while completely ignoring the Flames likely not wanting to deal with Edmonton unless absolutely necessary and the fact Tanev has a NTC and probably didn’t want to go to a team thats been a rival since he entered the league.

It cost Dallas a 2nd, recent 2nd rounder, 3rd and a 4th. Pretty steep.

Reactions: TB12

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Seravalli has been pretty spot on thus far. He said, against fan consensus, that Monahan would return a 1st and also said, against fan consensus, that the Flames would not get a 1st for Tanev and was pretty adamant about it. He's the go to insider as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad