Rumor: Rumors & Proposals thread: The Offseason is long and full of bad proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
I agree Cullen won't happen. Just someone like him is sorely needed here. Such a reliable player for what? 18 years?

All Lander does is win faceoffs and PK. If Letestu actually plays where he's supposed to on the 4th line he's a much better option.

Ok, offseason has officially started. Instead of doing a list of what I want, here is a list of what I DONT want

1. Backes at anything over 4.5 mil and anything longer than 4 years
2. Lucic at anything over 6 mil and longer than 3 years
3.Eriksson/Demers at anything over 6 mil
4. Just say no to Brodin
5. Ignore Logan Brown, pretend hes not there. Same goes for any D at 4
6. Say no to trading Hall for anything short of a top 7 D in NHL

Who do you think is fair value for hall?

For those calling a big overhaul, noooooo. Some of our third and fourth liners were very effective pkers, don't mess with that too much. We need health and one good dman. We can't keep showing up each year like an expansion team with players that aren't familiar with each other and the coach. This year we have returning coaching staff, ugh for the pp, but anyway, let's have most of the same guys return. It's not just skill that builds a team. If Chiarellie gets us an upgrade on d, not a superstar, but an upgrade, I think we will do very well this year.

Also, why is no one counting on any guys from the AHL making the team? Instead of signing midlevel guys from outside, let's have some flow like Detroit model.

I would peg him at exactly Subban value wise. Subban is a top 5 or even top 3 D in NHL but has largest cap hit in NHL for D at 9 mil, Hall is a steal at 6mil

OEL is another one id say Hall is on par with value wise. So if I am trading Hall, its for Subban, OEL, Pietrangelo at minimum

As for Lucic, I think 6M will be his price. If you look at 2 past UFA periods, you see the price of UFA dropping significantly. Not many people are handing out over 6m anymore. With a flat cap and a good amount of teams withing 6M of cap or even right against it, the market for UFAs has shrunk considerably

If he got over 6m id be shocked

I bet Khaira gets a long look at training camp for the 4th line. Maybe a Hendricks-Letestu-Khaira? Of course that puts Kassian on the 3rd line then, which might be alright

Continue here. Thought we'd start a new one as rumors should pick up pretty significantly now that the offseason is officially the offseason.

Last edited:

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
If Khaira earns his spot then perfect. He shouldn't be pencilled in. He should start in the AHL and see how much offense they can get out of him before he comes up to the big leagues.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
If Khaira earns his spot then perfect. He shouldn't be pencilled in. He should start in the AHL and see how much offense they can get out of him before he comes up to the big leagues.

Khaira doesn't earn a spot on a playoff team. Just not enough talent there.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Very weird, so if Hitch fails next year early on, maybe they let him go, do they give Yeo the job then, and then if he fails further, do they fire him too?

This seems like a thing that will ugly and awkward.

Could pay off tho to if Yeo comes in and gets groomed under Hithcock. Gets a year to learn the systems, learn the players without pressure of being HC. Hitch must be good with it as well. I guess with Yeo is your guy, go get him asap. He is a good systems coach and so is Hitch, so definite connection there

Flames are one step closer to Carlyle, so thats good

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Could pay off tho to if Yeo comes in and gets groomed under Hithcock. Gets a year to learn the systems, learn the players without pressure of being HC. Hitch must be good with it as well. I guess with Yeo is your guy, go get him asap. He is a good systems coach and so is Hitch, so definite connection there

Flames are one step closer to Carlyle, so thats good

That's just great, good hire Flames, seriously good hire. :laugh:

I can see that, but it doesn't seem like a sensible thing to me, I feel like it's more likely to go wrong then go right. Especially because they are "hiring" him from out of the organization. If he were just due his promotion like Jeff Blashell(sp) that would make perfect sense, this whole situation just feels weird.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

Glen Gulutzan, Randy Carlyle, and someone else. Very underwhelming group of candidates.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Glen Gulutzan, Randy Carlyle, and someone else. Very underwhelming group of candidates.

hahahahahahaha

Coaching is largely unimporant. 80% of coaches have same impact on a team. 20% of coaches have a larger impact on a team, either positive of negative (Eakins- Negative, Babcock-positive for example). All they have to do is pick a name out of a hat and theyll get a good one. Carlyle is amongst the bottom 10% for guys who negatively impact a team. This decision is so easy a child could make it

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
If Pittsburgh can take Kessel and turn him into a Conn Smyth candidate, what does that say for some of our players? Would you say that they have increased in value since the Pens have won the cup?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Phil Kessel at time of trade:

27 years old, 7 years remaining on contract, 1.2 million retained to 6.8 million, career PPG 0.78.

Jordan Eberle right now:

26 years old, 3 years remaining on contract, 6 million cap hit, career PPG 0.78.

Wonder if Kessel's playoff performance does anything for Ebs' value, who gets wildly underrated...

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
If Pittsburgh can take Kessel and turn him into a Conn Smyth candidate, what does that say for some of our players? Would you say that they have increased in value since the Pens have won the cup?

Pittsburgh didnt do anything. Kessel was a 35+ goal scorer and PPG player on the Leafs with Tyler Bozak weighing him down. Kessel was always elite just had a horrible team behind him

In fact his worst statiscal year in 7 years came this year on the Pens. Kessel had same ppg in playoffs with Boston and Toronto as he has on Penguins.

It should be a lesson to Oiler fans that just because team overall is bad doesnt mean Hall is also bad and needs to be dealt. You improve D and get healthy and all of a sudden these guys will look like winners.

Kessel stayed the same, the team around him just got 2 franchise players, a #1D, greta depth and a #1 goalie

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Let's not get cocky and go talking **** about the Flames moves. It always seems to backfire. We should be talking about how they will have the best coach in hockey like with their d last year.

All that talk was done last year after Hartley won the most undeserved Adam trophy in history

We should be talking about how they have the best GM in hockey tho. Then hell go out and get Carlyle :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad