Rumor: Rumors & Proposals thread: The Life of Purcell.. 3 days remaining: Mod warning 712

Status
Not open for further replies.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
That's a good deal!

Let the dominos fall.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
I bet MacT wouldn't even remember if Larsen was still Oilers property !

Last time I checked Larsen was 5th overall in d scoring in Russia and Cam Barker was 1st overall.

Hmm sadly it doesn't clear a contract spot so it's not a sign of any other move

Most satisfying trade in a while lol
Although the Kassian one was pretty decent

Larson was a good skating D man but he was a bit small and light for defence?

Who was the best 5th round pick in history?

Still more value than Schultz

Carle can't even stay in the lineup this year with Tampa. He's been a healthy scratch multiple times.

Player and salary are gross.

It might be worth it to take him on if you got Drouin out if it. But if you're including Yakupov I don't really see the point.

Jamie Benn, Andrew Shaw

I woulda been happier giving Larsen another shot. Oh well.

TRADE

Rights of Philip Larsen to Vancouver for 2017 5th rounder

Last edited by a moderator:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
As I said in the last thread, Horcoff return is now Svoboda and a 5th.

It's actually somehow getting better.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Can't complain about getting something for Larsen. Has 1 year till UFA left, and he was not very good. He can skate sure, but he was weaker than Schultz, very poor defensively, and didn't have much of a shot from the point. Would have been more of the same if they tried to get him here next season.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Larsen put up 12 points in 30 games for the Oilers a couple of years ago. That would put him 2nd on our team in D scoring this year behind Sekera who has 21 points in 60 games. Crazy.

He would've been a lot more useful than three or four of the guys who have played defence for the Oilers this season. Even if he was atrocious defensively he would be our best puck mover by a mile.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Larsen put up 12 points in 30 games for the Oilers a couple of years ago. That would put him 2nd on our team in D scoring this year behind Sekera who has 21 points in 60 games. Crazy.

He would've been a lot more useful than three or four of the guys who have played defence for the Oilers this season. Even if he was atrocious defensively he would be our best puck mover by a mile.

That is truly a shocking statistic.

GrandLarseny

Jersey Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB

And it's not like this team is loaded with right handed puck moving defenceman.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
Yup, next up Roman Horak and Toni Rajala.

The Oilers are actually on the cusp of being the biggest laughing stock in pro North American sports in modern memory. The Stanley Cup Finals appearance in 2006 is probably the only thing keeping them away from that title. Another bottom 5 finish in the league will solidify them as perhaps the worst pro sports team in history over a 10 year span.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Another way of Chia saying. If I can get a 5th for Larsen. I ain't taking anything less than a 2nd for Schultz

McDeathbyCheerios*

He wasn't going to play here. This is a good trade for us

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
We still owned Philip Larsens Rights?

Huh. I'm moderately surprised... aaset for a gone asset.

Go Chia.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
It's also a bit misleading. He spent a decent portion of those 30 games playing forward and put up a decent number of those points as a winger.

Believe it or not he actually produced all 12 points playing as a defenceman.

I just watched the highlights of all 12 goals to see because I remember him playing as a forward as well and was curious.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Yup, next up Roman Horak and Toni Rajala.

The Oilers are actually on the cusp of being the biggest laughing stock in pro North American sports in modern memory. The Stanley Cup Finals appearance in 2006 is probably the only thing keeping them away from that title. Another bottom 5 finish in the league will solidify them as perhaps the worst pro sports team in history over a 10 year span.

We mutually terminated with Rajala.

We only own Horak's rights.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Believe it or not he actually produced all 12 points playing as a defenceman.

I just watched the highlights of all 12 goals to see because I remember him playing as a forward as well and was curious.

He scored more than one goal as a forward. Think he even did it in back to back games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad