Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: Movie Poster Edition VII- "Deadline"

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
If teams are close... and several teams in the West are close... I'd give the edge to the teams with the best goalies that can steal games/series.

Hellebuyck - Jets
Oettinger - Stars

Those are two teams I'd be most worried about facing. I think the Oilers can beat both... because McDavid... BUT it wouldn't be an easy series vs either team.

Saros is also very good with the Preds but I don't know if that team is good enough to squeak into a playoff spot.

I may be wrong but I don't think the Avs will have the same level of hunger this year... that 1st Cup is always the sweetest and the one they really push for. Do they have enough hunger and desire to repeat? I dunno.

I think the fire is certainly there this year for the Oilers... which means a LOT after the conference final experience/disappointment last year.

As they say... you learn more from failure than success... so Oilers should have learned a lot by now. :)

Reactions: Biltmore

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
as much as I hate the laughs, can't allow the lames to get any sort of hope. Need a CGY loss tonight
Nope if they win tonight and we beat the Jets back to back (or God forbid the other way around) then it’s a brand new ball game.

Edit : hah nvm they blew it

Last edited:

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
The Flames have capspace and players I would like to acquire. Lindholm only has a year left after this and his salary with retention is realistic. Id also have time for Ritchie, Backlund, Tofoli and especially Tanev. If they weren't the hated neighbors with ownership that won't let them tank there could be a real match.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I wonder if Colorado is going to pull a crazy trade out of their ass tomorrow

4C3559FA-24AC-4B4B-A296-DA9535B89123.gif

Reactions: gordonhught

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
They are a massive long shot
It just feels like a situation like the Pens were for years where the stats may be against them but when it matters, they assert themselves. I know that the Panthers haven't earned that reputation but they just seem too good to me to go on like this

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I wonder if Colorado is going to pull a crazy trade out of their ass tomorrow
I wonder if they see they might have a less than normal Makar this playoffs and just stand pat. They already won their cup trying to do it again with Makar as a question mark may not be worth it long term.

Well, Calgary just lost. Wonder what they’ll do now.
Edmundson and Josh Anderson for Huberdeau and a 1st incoming :sarcasm:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It just feels like a situation like the Pens were for years where the stats may be against them but when it matters, they assert themselves. I know that the Panthers haven't earned that reputation but they just seem too good to me to go on like this

They are way too inconsistent. Don’t see them making it. Would like to see Buffalo get in and hope to hell the Caps don’t make it.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I agree. Of all the options we were looking at, I said at the time, he was the best option. He is a good all arounder
Some teams got really good returns. But for the contending teams Orlov and Ekholm seem to stand out as really good adds. I am biased though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad