Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
7cmhau.jpg

All is quiet on the Oilers front.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I wonder if we see Roster movement today, because Shore and Desharnais likely have to go down, especially if Kostin can go.

I know it doesn't help the deadline, but if Kane is just out for bit, put him on LTIR so you can have Desharnais up and get a look at Lavoie.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I don’t think the ducks consider it.

Why wouldn't they? They save 1.6M in cap, and Gibson has similar numbers to Campbell, and Campbell has been to California before and would waive to go there if he was given the choice. They both expire the same time too. Only risk we get is an extra 1.6M in cap added, which we can balance out by trading JP or someone else.

KanesThrowaway

Aug 24, 2021
Holland is going to trade a 1st and Bouchard for Edmundson and then hold a presser saying "You have to pay the price to upgrade your team, and as GM I was willing to do that".

Reactions: Macheteops

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
What about a Campbell for Gibson trade? No retention on either one, I'd consider it.
Why would Anaheim do that??

Holland is going to trade a 1st and Bouchard for Edmundson and then hold a presser saying "You have to pay the price to upgrade your team, and as GM I was willing to do that".

Edmundson isn't in the picture. He hasn't been scouted and HE IS INJURED. Pessimistic Oiler fans get it out of your heads! Ridiculous thinking

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
LeBrun was on 1260 just now and says Holland is talking to a bunch of teams, which we knew already. LeBrun said he heard the ask for Ekholm was 2 first round picks. That's a good start; you can negotiate that from 2 firsts to maybe a first and a lower pick/prospect.
Cross thread quoting, but statements like this are what has me so frustrated this year.

Ekholm is like the 5th defenseman rumored to be available where my reaction to the reported asking price is "okay pay it" and we aren't going to get any of them.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Why would Anaheim do that??

Edmundson isn't in the picture. He hasn't been scouted and HE IS INJURED. Pessimistic Oiler fans get it out of your heads! Ridiculous thinking

Save 1.6M in cap space, and if they require a pick, sure. I'll give them a 4th. But those are the benefits to it.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I think dumping Campbell at this deadline should be a bit more of priority.
I would say impossbile but it is not, how much are you willing to give a team to dump him? I'd ask for two firsts and a guy like Holloway to take his contract or just a 1st and holloaway if you give a bit of retiention.

Thee is no way a team is taking on this contract without massive payment and if you do get rid of him less than a year after he as signed then it should be the next gm as holland should be fired beforehand.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Oilers should be looking to add a UFA goalie and send Campbell to the minors. Go after someone like Korpisalo, he's a 1.3 cap hit and has good numbers behind a bad Columbus team and the savings from Campbell in the minors almost covers it. Once the playoffs start you call Campbell back up as a black ace in case someone gets injured.

Other possibilities could be Talbot or Jarry but both those teams would have to be in sell mode and retain 50%.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Why wouldn't they? They save 1.6M in cap, and Gibson has similar numbers to Campbell, and Campbell has been to California before and would waive to go there if he was given the choice. They both expire the same time too. Only risk we get is an extra 1.6M in cap added, which we can balance out by trading JP or someone else.
Because Gibson is a way better goalie.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Better how? They both have the same stats, with Campbell actually having better stats over the long run:

Better how? Watch an Oilers game.

I could get into this but I’m lazy this morning. Gibson is still putting up better numbers and he’s on probably the worst team in the league.

Reactions: TGOSnipes99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad