Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Kane to Return Soon, What Does Holland Do to Get Cap Compliant?

How Does Holland Get Cap Compliant?

• Trades one or more of Puljujarvi, Foegele and Yamamoto

Votes: 62 50.8%
  • Waives one or more of Puljujarvi, Foegele and Yamamoto

Votes: 30 24.6%
  • Waives more than 1 of Janmark, Ryan & Shore and sends down 2 of Holloway and Niemelainen/Desharnais

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • Other, please explain in your post.

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I really liked Kulak tonight as well. Watching him and Desharnais clearing guys out in front of the net is a thing of beauty.

This defense is so hard to figure out. Neither Broberg or Kulak are top 4 dmen right now but both look excellent playing 16-18 minutes a night. Nurse is playing too much and neither guy can eat those minutes.

On the right side Bouchard has looked great offensively but I'm not sure you can have both him and Barrie getting outmuscled. Ceci is a great defenceman but shouldnt be playing as a top defenceman.

The good news is we have a lot of depth but I still think we need at least 1 more top 4 dman and change the complexity of right side.
I didn't, I thought he was ok, but when they got in trouble, mostly, when it was him and Barrie, I didn't think he supported well enough.

I look at it this way, you upgrade Kulak to chychrun, your defense gets alot better

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Maybe Patrick Kane is still in the cards. He could probably fit that mold too.

He would actually be a pretty food buy low candidate IMO. I dont think his value has ever been lower and he can pretty much pick where he wants to go. I think he goes to New York to play with Panarin.

Honestly though Kane has never been known for his defensive play and I'm not really sure we need another cherry picker on the team. Would be fun to watch though.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
So I think adding one more decent forward, preferably a center, would really round this group out nicely, someone to push janmark down.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You do understand the hypocrisy in that statement though, right?

We preach inclusivity and acceptance but if you don't agree with our beliefs then 'f*** you, we don't accept you or your beliefs'.

I don't agree with him or his beliefs, but I accept the fact that there are deeply religious people on this planet who may not have the same belief system as myself.

It's also not like he's verbally putting anyone down for what they believe either. This is just one of those things that should probably be brought to the team's attention ahead of time so they don't end up outting one of their guys in a very public way.

The problem I see with that is someone's right to exist isn't really an "opinion".

There are religious people that think it's OK to beat the shit out of their wife, stone people to death, behead people, etc. etc. and can cite religious text to back themselves up.

I don't think "well it's my religion" is carte blanche to any kind of belief when those values are becoming further and further removed from what the greater society deems civilized.

Gay people exist and they shouldn't have to hide their existence because of someone's religion. Even if you are a very religious person I think you need to accept that you also live in the 21st century, not the 18th century.

So yes, f*** religious beliefs if they are that far out of step with a modern society. There was a time when stringing a woman up and burning her alive for "suspected witchcraft" was A-OK by church standards too, just because that was once the case doesn't mean we haven't evolved past that. I mean shit we're not even that far removed from religious people saying interracial marriage was a sin.

Last edited:

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
After watching the last few games, especially tonight, if I'm upgrading the Oilers at LD, I upgrade Kulak and move him in that deal.

Broberg can be 3LD
Agree with this completely. Broberg is playing himself into a position where the team should not trade him. We get another ELC year for him next year which will hopefully see him take an even further step forward. Neither Kulak nor Broberg are that high leverage matchup top 4 LHD yet but Broberg flashed enough potential to suggest he can become one down the line whereas Kulak is what he is.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Where does PJ wind up and when does he go? Curious if his press box time is related to a pending trade.

If the Marchand tweet ends up being true that would be all good. He can go tomorrow. Third, fourth round pick coming back doesn't really matter. Just as long as the Oilers don't have to retain salary it is all good.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If the Marchand tweet ends up being true that would be all good. He can go tomorrow. Third, fourth round pick coming back doesn't really matter. Just as long as the Oilers don't have to retain salary it is all good.

Could you post the tweet - I didn’t see it.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Where does PJ wind up and when does he go? Curious if his press box time is related to a pending trade.

Kostin is every bit what JP was supposed to be (except Kostin brings toughness) so I don't know honk JP is getting in the lineup any time soon.

Here's a thought...say JP wants to return to Finland. They mutually terminate the contract, does his caphit stay on the books? If not,aybe that's the way to go.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I’m thinking if Bouchard, Broberg and Desharnhais continue to improve before the TDL, the trade might be Barrie, and continuing to play 7 D. Broberg can play either side.

Barrie’s been our most consistent D through games 1-35 but the entire D corps has settled with the recent changes and Barrie might be the trade chip?
Part of the reason Barrie has appeared to be the most consistent D through games 1-35, is that he's the only one being played in his proper slot. Every other D seems to be playing a slot or two too high.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Not a popular take, but I'm gonna miss JP. Didn't think I would after he went back to Finland, but I appreciate him and his story. Bison King is an easy player to root for, after all that. He's not playing well enough to earn his money nor spot. Don't think we'd be complaining half as much if he earned 1.25 mill, but thems the breaks.

Who am I kidding, of course we'd complain

Reactions: Shanahanigans

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Kostin is every bit what JP was supposed to be (except Kostin brings toughness) so I don't know honk JP is getting in the lineup any time soon.

Here's a thought...say JP wants to return to Finland. They mutually terminate the contract, does his caphit stay on the books? If not,aybe that's the way to go.

If he’s mutually terminated for the purposes of termination the contract is gone but I don’t see PJ walking from the roughly 1.5M that would be owed to him still.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
If he’s mutually terminated for the purposes of termination the contract is gone but I don’t see PJ walking from the roughly 1.5M that would be owed to him still.
He likely won't...just his "maybe the NHL isn't for me" comment has me thinking he would be happier back home.

I guess we'll find out on the coming days. I still don't think there's much interest, if there is, press boxing him isn't going to up his value. So if something is brewing, there's likely a deal or two with accepted minimums, now it's just trying to get the better deal.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
He likely won't...just his "maybe the NHL isn't for me" comment has me thinking he would be happier back home.

I guess we'll find out on the coming days. I still don't think there's much interest, if there is, press boxing him isn't going to up his value. So if something is brewing, there's likely a deal or two with accepted minimums,boys just trying to get the better deal.
I think the healthy scratch has to be for a pending deal. He has played poorly at times but he has definitely not been the worst on the team.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I think the healthy scratch has to be for a pending deal. He has played poorly at times but he has definitely not been the worst on the team.
Puljujarvi had the lowest TOI on the team the last game he played. The only winger he was better than is on LTIR :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad