Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: 2 Days Remain, But Stuff Happening Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He had a VERY strong year in the KHL this year. Apparently the hang-up is whether he can be signed right now and whether he'd commit to coming over.

I'd be very curious as to how that would affect the Yak rumblings.

Maybe the Oilers are a little reluctant dealing for this player considering what happened with Yakimov.

McDeathbyCheerios*

He had a VERY strong year in the KHL this year. Apparently the hang-up is whether he can be signed right now and whether he'd commit to coming over.

I'd be very curious as to how that would affect the Yak rumblings.
Could we sign him and have him just come play a few games for us on the big team?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So Justin Schultz could potentially get his name on a Stanley Cup. Ugh, lol.

Is Anaheim is even planning to do anything this trade deadline? Or are they just planning to watch LA/Chi load up?

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Is the hang-up whether he'll commit to coming to North America next year or if he'll come for the remainder of this season? Is his team out of the KHL playoffs?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Is the hang-up whether he'll commit to coming to North America next year or if he'll come for the remainder of this season? Is his team out of the KHL playoffs?

I'll go with commitment to NA. Considering what Yakimov did, there's a good reason why the oilers should question the same for this kid as well.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Can't they just do a deal where we get a 2nd round pick instead if the player does not come over to NA within like 1 year?

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta

I'm just a dude sitting in his underwear hitting refresh, but I'm thinking it's getting him to come next year. LA has had issues just getting him to stay here and play in the system.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Is Anaheim is even planning to do anything this trade deadline? Or are they just planning to watch LA/Chi load up?

I don't think anyone in the West gets through Chicago now.

Washington/Chicago could be a clash of the titans though.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Bring Prokhorkin over right away and put him with McDavid and Yak
Trade instantly won lol

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

If Jultz was going to get traded at all it would have been to a team that could potentially win the cup. I've been prepared for this outcome, but never believed that a successful franchise would trade for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad