Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: 2 Days Remain, But Stuff Happening Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Old thread passed 1000

Some posts:

But thats all we can discuss here... seemingly fair values agreed by fans of both sides...

What happens in real is something completely different..

Hall might be traded for Barrie + 3rd round pick in real life but that deal wont fly on this board and shouldnt be discussed in the fear of enraging one side.

Hamilton to Flames deal and half of other deals would have never been approved here...

I think Purcell will be traded today. Would have played last night otherwise.

Schultz not until Monday and I'd be surprised if we do anything else.

Yak for McCarron is silly at this point when you can pick up Sekac for free. McCarron is not even NHL ready

I wonder if Purcell could get you a pick and lets say Dylan Olsen/Mike Matheson in Florida?

Very different players, IMO.

"Starts" with Hall? Are you saying we would have to add to Hall for a top 4 D'man?

I've seen a couple Kings fans throw around Dwight King as a potential contract to be moved out. With the Kings' rumored interest in Schultz, I'd be ecstatic if we could grab King for Schultz.

I think you are way off base here.

Not necessarily. Eberle can be part of a deal for a top 4 d-man but it would have to have picks/prospects added to it. If you're going to do something straight across for a top pairing D, Hall is where it starts.

If a top four D is being moved, it's due to a trade request or for pressing cap reasons in which case the return for said D would be considerably less than Taylor Hall.

Those trades never happen.

sounds like somebody didn't book Monday off :D

Eberle is what he is. A top 6 skilled winger who isn't gritty or defensively apt by any means. Defensemen are what basically every team in the NHL wants. Eberle alone does not get you that top 4 D.

Eberle can return a top 4 on his own. The reason he's not traded yet is probably because Chia has his mind set on a Hamonic type who is a solid #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
No interest in Sekac, I assume the Leafs claim in just to have enough guys to finish the year.

As for everyone on the Oilers being largely worthless(not everyone, but you know), if you need to think that, good on you.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
No interest in Sekac, I assume the Leafs claim in just to have enough guys to finish the year.

As for everyone on the Oilers being largely worthless(not everyone, but you know), if you need to think that, good on you.

Don't think most players are worthless but I don't think they're worth as much as people would have you believe.

For those who think Eberle is worth a top 4 d-man... Do you trade Klefbom or Nurse to get him?

McDeathbyCheerios*

Don't think most players are worthless but I don't think they're worth as much as people would have you believe.

For those who think Eberle is worth a top 4 d-man... Do you trade Klefbom or Nurse to get him?
That's a bad example because we are very shallow on defense.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

If that's what you need to think go nuts, I disagree. Again, because you defense argument, though sound, ignores how hard teams that can't score fail.

The other thing that maybe be being ignored, is how valued on the whole scoring is. It's why guys who put up goals and points get such big contracts.

Will Eberle get you Subban, no, but he has a decent (higher then you think) level of value.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

I expect it to happen, then a thread to pop up on the mains shopping Sekac and asking for a 3rd :laugh:

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Okay, do the Flames trade Hamilton/Giordano/Brodie for Eberle, ignoring the fact it's the Flames?

Or do the Blues trade Shattenkirk/Ptierangelo/Bouwmeester for Eberle?

If Blues were contemplating Shattenkirk for Drouin they would for Eberle for sure and they would trade Bouwmeester as well for Eberle.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
A trade for a top FOUR defenseman STARTS with Hall?!?!?! :laugh::laugh:

Jeez no wonder the Oilers haven't traded for any decent defenceman.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Okay, do the Flames trade Hamilton/Giordano/Brodie for Eberle, ignoring the fact it's the Flames?

Flames i could see moving Hamilton for him although their top 6 is actually quite small.

And no for the Blues. They are fine on wing.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
If that's what you need to think go nuts, I disagree. Again, because you defense argument, though sound, ignores how hard teams that can't score fail.

The Kings scored 3 more goals than the Oilers in the regular season when they won the Cup in 2014. The Oilers scored 18 more goals than the Kings during their 2012 championship season. Meanwhile the team that scored the most goals in 2012, the Penguins, were dispatched by the Flyers in the first round.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer

You're naming top pairing defenceman(debatable for Hamilton currently), not top 4 defenceman. Theres a difference

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I think it's pretty clear Eberle isn't worth a top 4 D-man because if he was that trade would have happened years ago.

Availability of top 4 D-men plays a role in that of course.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

you just listed top-pairing guys though, not 2nd pairing guys.... you are cherry-picking to the highest degree... a more realistic example would be a guy like klefbom in your original post, but on a team that has a top-pairing (so doesn't have klefbom playing in their top-2), and requires some offensive help

eberle doesn't bring back a top-pairing guy on his own, i don't think anybody is arguing that.... so why list top-pairing guys and ask if people would trade them for eberle? lol, no, the answer is no, and nobody is suggesting otherwise

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I think the Leafs just want to dump Cowen's salary.

He sucks, but I don't think he sucks more than Matt Hunwick, Martin Marincin, Viktor Loov or Stuart Percy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad