Rumor: Rumors and Trade Proposals Thread | Pissing Their Primes Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
No info at all but it would be smarter than waiving him , Puljujarvi or Foegele to make room.
Also it's not month+ but 10 games /24days. The ones he missed already should count.
You are only delaying the inevitable. At some point you need to address the cap issue.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I’d say that only makes sense if you consider Foegele and Pulju to be irreplaceable depth.

Moving that much money from the 4th line/press box to a spot of significant need far outweighs losing healthy bodies.
I don't consider them irreplaceable depth. I believe both will be gone by the trade deadline. But a team that's committed to tangibly improving will find better players to fill those roles. You won't accomplish that by continuing to peruse the waiver wire.

The volume of assets that people are willing to spend on Chychrun could effectively address multiple areas of the roster if the right players are targeted.

Chychrun coming here would get no primary powerplay. He doesn't PK much, if at all. And he would be coming at the expense of forward depth. That makes very little sense to a team that currently relies heavily on the productivity of their special teams and has historically had very little offensive support beyond their scoring lines.

Chychrun would be a purely cosmetic add and the cost would be catastrophic.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I feel this team always performs better on a 11-7 system, which makes me think in my deal for a dman rental, I'm trading any dmen off our roster. I'm trying to move Foegele and/or Pulju to bring in a guy like Gavrikov.

McDavid, Drai and RNH can run the center of the ice (with McLeod taking 3C if you need it).

Kane, Hyman, Kostin, Janmark, Holloway and McLeod have to be 6 of those 8 wingers based on their play. Yamo obviously, but I'd honestly rather try to upgrade him if I can for a better player on a similar cap hit.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Bouchard, Puljujarvi and a pick to The Blues for Parayko when St. Louis falls out .

Bouchard should be the trade chip, not Broberg

Reactions: Broberg Speed

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I don't consider them irreplaceable depth. I believe both will be gone by the trade deadline. But a team that's committed to tangibly improving will find better players to fill those roles. You won't accomplish that by continuing to peruse the waiver wire.

The volume of assets that people are willing to spend on Chychrun could effectively address multiple areas of the roster if the right players are targeted.

Chychrun coming here would get no primary powerplay. He doesn't PK much, if at all. And he would be coming at the expense of forward depth. That makes very little sense to a team that currently relies heavily on the productivity of their special teams and has historically had very little offensive support beyond their scoring lines.

Chychrun would be a purely cosmetic add and the cost would be catastrophic.
If Chychrun was the valuable two way defenseman people believe he is, with his age and very reasonable contract, a gm would have gladly paid the ask already, he’s been on the market for over a calendar year. They aren’t fooled by Arizona’s usage of the player like some fans have been, and most teams recognize he’s likely to be far less effective in a different circumstance then has been afforded him in AZ.

“One thing opposing teams comment on is Chychrun’s inability to transport pucks out of danger. He struggles to make plays under pressure. Chychrun is known to rim the puck around the boards or throw away possession when he fails to see through the forecheck to find strong outlet passes.”

This quote was from a Seravalli piece on Chychrun. Sounds a lot like another guy already in Edmonton.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Chychrun would be our best defenceman.
Then why does JJ Moser carry the heavier defensive workload in Arizona?

If Chychrun was the valuable two way defenseman people believe he is, with his age and very reasonable contract, a gm would have gladly paid the ask already, he’s been on the market for over a calendar year. They aren’t fooled by Arizona’s usage of the player like some fans have been, and most teams recognize he’s likely to be far less effective in a different circumstance then has been afforded him in AZ.

“One thing opposing teams comment on is Chychrun’s inability to transport pucks out of danger. He struggles to make plays under pressure. Chychrun is known to rim the puck around the boards or throw away possession when he fails to see through the forecheck to find strong outlet passes.”

This quote was from a Seravalli piece on Chychrun. Sounds a lot like another guy already in Edmonton.
I'm not saying that you couldn't run Chychrun through the meat grinder either. He's completely capable of carrying a heavy workload, but the results would probably be similar to what we got from Oscar Klefbom.

You don't need to buy the Ferrari to get the minutes you want. Most people want the name though. Go figure.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I would do a
McLeod McDavid Hyman line
Holloway Leon Fogele line

And Yamamoto Pulj a 4th line
And that would be two crappy lines
with 2 RWers making 6M combined on the 4th line .

Not sure how playing 3 4th liners in top 6 just to play Yama and Pulju on 4th line would be an improvement.

Holloway-McLeod-Foegele would be an avg 4th line.

You are only delaying the inevitable. At some point you need to address the cap issue.
Not if we can keep delaying it.

I would trade Puljujarvi+picks for ROR (LTIR) or Tarasenko (LTIR) retained to keep delaying but improving the team.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I feel this team always performs better on a 11-7 system, which makes me think in my deal for a dman rental, I'm trading any dmen off our roster. I'm trying to move Foegele and/or Pulju to bring in a guy like Gavrikov.

McDavid, Drai and RNH can run the center of the ice (with McLeod taking 3C if you need it).

Kane, Hyman, Kostin, Janmark, Holloway and McLeod have to be 6 of those 8 wingers based on their play. Yamo obviously, but I'd honestly rather try to upgrade him if I can for a better player on a similar cap hit.
I agree enough to change my Avatar/DP.. 7/11 just works for Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad