Rumor: Rumors and Proposals | Why You Heff to Sign Vatanen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Mods need to IPtrace speedyturtle, go to his residence, and make him watch Game 7 of Oilers-Canes over and over again until he breaks.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
I wonder what Florida would want for Kulikov.

Legit 2nd pairing right-shot puck mover. If Boston is starting a package with 29th overall, I'd guess we'd have to start with our 2nd rounder and add from there.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
As for Hartnell rumor. Id do some deal around him and either 3rd OR Jones (or both) and our 4th overall. Honestly having him as a NMC means like Pouliot or Maroon at worst is exposed. Considering Hartnell is probably equal to Maroon for next 2 years or so, I wouldnt say thats a bad move. Considering wed pick up a great asset in the process

Basically our summer could be solved in 1 trade

The base being: 3rd + Jones + Hartnell + something for 4th + RNH

Oilers get top pairing RD, Puljujarvi and get a vet PWF

Thats a pretty hefty price for them to pay just so they dump a bad contract. They want to move a Hartnell/Foligno/Johnson so they can resign Jones, not throw him in on the deal.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Defensemen have a lot more draw when it comes to trades than beat up centers. If it doesn't work out then oh well. We lost RNH, big whoop.

They would have lost their highest value expendable asset for virtually nothing, that'd be Mactavian in it's stupidity.

DipsyMcDoodles

Apr 6, 2014
Edmonton
I wonder what Florida would want for Kulikov.

Legit 2nd pairing right-shot puck mover. If Boston is starting a package with 29th overall, I'd guess we'd have to start with our 2nd rounder and add from there.

Florida would probably deal for less with us because of being in different conferences.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I have a sneaking suspicion Chiarelli is going to go the offersheet route. Last year there was a whack of speculation before draft that Chiarelli would OS Hamilton and it scared Sweeney into moving him to Calgary. I think this year Chiarelli will be silent about it to avoid that and avoid any team rushing to lock up their RFA D before July 1st

I think going offersheet route makes most sense for him because he can determine the price, he can also get a young, but NHL able D

Would anyone lose sleep if Oilers OS'd Jones for 7M or Lindholm for 8M? Obviously a ton of money but hed only be giving up picks and cap space and the cap space is used on core D

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Thats a pretty hefty price for them to pay just so they dump a bad contract. They want to move a Hartnell/Foligno/Johnson so they can resign Jones, not throw him in on the deal.

Yeah thats true. Although to dump that contract would take alot. Bickell took TT and hes only signed for 1 more year. The killer with Hartnell is term and NMC for expansion draft.

Would anyone do 3rd + Hartnell + Savard for 4th?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Given that the Leafs have already locked up Andersen not even an hour after he was traded there's lots of talking room.

Staying the course is not the answer either. Oilers have to get better and if Shattenkirk is on the table you go after him.

A team that has done jack **** for 10 years should hardly be worried about being somehow worse than they already are.

Shattenkirk - pending UFA
Andersen - RFA

Still find it unbelievable that some peopl can't understand the difference this makes.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
They would have lost their highest value expendable asset for virtually nothing, that'd be Mactavian in it's stupidity.

Unless you get a good deal for Shattenkirk. What did the Stars pay for Russell again?

Why do people consider RNH so valuable? We already have two centers better than him.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Yes, you should, because being bad with plenty of high value movable pieces is immensely preferable to being bad without those pieces.

What does Shattenkirk bring back at the deadline if we can't sign him? A low 1st + B prospect + conditional picks? Are you comfortable moving RNH for trash?

That is literally what one of the most wanted players (Andrew Ladd) fetched during this past trade deadline (Dano, 1st, and a conditional 3rd).

I'm not sure about anybody else, but I wouldn't move a valuable asset for a return that turns into that.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Unless you get a good deal for Shattenkirk. What did the Stars pay for Russell again?

Why do people consider RNH so valuable? We already have two centers better than him.

Because those two centers showed that they needed to be sheltered while RNH was injured.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
That is literally what one of the most wanted players (Andrew Ladd) fetched during this past trade deadline (Dano, 1st, and a conditional 3rd).

I'm not sure about anybody else, but I wouldn't move a valuable asset for a return that turns into that.

A year of Shattenkirk makes us a hell of a lot better than a year of RNH.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Chiarelli snuck in a signing while no one noticed.

Good for Oesterle. Think he can be a solid 3rd pair guy this year or simply can provide depth.

Slatsmsg

Jul 14, 2011
Airdrie
Yeah thats true. Although to dump that contract would take alot. Bickell took TT and hes only signed for 1 more year. The killer with Hartnell is term and NMC for expansion draft.

Would anyone do 3rd + Hartnell + Savard for 4th?
I can't see CBJ doing it but I'd be all over it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad