Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Trying to Find a Diamond on Sale Among Trays of Cubic Zirconia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I remember him calling in to 1260 in 2009 to claim Heatley had waived his NTC and all that was being worked out was "clerical shit." Meanwhile, Tencer was on CHED reporting what was actually going on.

I don't need to post the Lucic/Neal tweets again either, lol. He works for himself, is one of the owners of The Nation Network, and buys airtime from 1260, so I guess there are no reprecussions for constantly being wrong.
And sometimes he just piggybacks off others (cough Hoffman cough).

Rishaug basically owns him every offseason or every time there's a major Oilers story to be reported.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Flames should be amusing to watch this year. Giordano was declining hard, but the reality is he was still eating up big minutes for them. Now they're going into the season with Hanifin, Zadorov and Valimaki as their three LDs. lol.

Do any of those guys play their offside? Why would they even want Murray? You'd think the mighty Valimaki would be a full-timer by now (let's hope :cool:)

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Do any of those guys play their offside? Why would they even want Murray? You'd think the mighty Valimaki would be a full-timer by now (let's hope :cool:)
I don’t think they trust Valimaki full time. Hanifin is also coming off injury so maybe they don’t trust him either. :dunno:

Reactions: Oilhawks

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It wouldn't work like that. Arrest and punish someone today, and someone born tomorrow will grow up and do the same thing completely ignorant of punishments handed down before them. That's even if punishment is a deterrence - murder is illegal, people still do that.

Giving the government more power to regulate speech in this way is a very bad idea anyways. Laws and legal punishments are large blunt instruments that don't just hit what you want it to, it hits everything around it too. Throwing people in jail for hateful conduct on social media would backfire in some very nasty ways across an entire spectrum of political and social spheres.

So hypothetically, making threats or harassing a players family because they take a penalty that leads to a GWG is cool? There has to be a medium where free speech is protected and assholes are held accountable if they cross the line especially if they do so repeatedly.

Defsta

Dec 1, 2004
It wouldn't work like that. Arrest and punish someone today, and someone born tomorrow will grow up and do the same thing completely ignorant of punishments handed down before them. That's even if punishment is a deterrence - murder is illegal, people still do that.

Giving the government more power to regulate speech in this way is a very bad idea anyways. Laws and legal punishments are large blunt instruments that don't just hit what you want it to, it hits everything around it too. Throwing people in jail for hateful conduct on social media would backfire in some very nasty ways across an entire spectrum of political and social spheres.

Now now, people are doing suicides because of harassment in social media. Of course there should be stricter laws about it, people need to take responsibility for their actions. If someone is doing a suicide because of something you write about them in social media, it should be counted as negligent homicide. It's a f***ing disgrace that people are writing whatever they want in social media and don't think about how it affects to people they're writing about.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
How does this even affect you? I don't get it. Does it bother you that much a random on the internet gets blocked? :huh:

I make my own choices. I don't really need anyone's advice what I should or shouldn't do.

I've also told him to shut the fk up twice and told him I'd block him if he didn't, and I followed through. Maybe he should've taken my advice and he wouldn't be blocked. My message was clear I wasn't interested in interacting with him, yet he continued.

He's still blocked. Did you actually think you were going to change my mind?

Who are you again?
I was just commenting. You have rights to block whomever.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Interesting that on the Devils this season... pretty much the best defensive combo when paired together was Murray-Vatanen.

They put up a 68.75 gf% in 194 minutes of even strength play together. 11 GF and 5 GA at evens when they were on the ice together.

Not bad on a team that was overall pretty crap last season.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
So hypothetically, making threats or harassing a players family because they take a penalty that leads to a GWG is cool? There has to be a medium where free speech is protected and assholes are held accountable if they cross the line especially if they do so repeatedly.

It'll never be cool. Creating laws that allow government the ability to prosecute speech is a slippery slope that will allow people much worse than a few trolls on the internet to do things much worse than harrass some hockey players in a public forum. It has happened, and it can happen again. There is a reason why hate speech -no matter how odious it is- is classified as protected speech under the American constitution.

Probably should put an end to this discussion though. It only gets more political from here, lol

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
$7 million lol, and it probably was them.

And this was probably Zach's reaction

tenor.gif

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Oh man I was listening to a Leafs podcast with Seigel and Mirtle. Seigel literally said "You can argue Matthews is the best player in the NHL" lol. This was yesterdays podcast. They also thought for sure Toronto would finish 4-7th overall in the NHL. I don't see it. I think their forward projected lines look like garbage after the "big 4".

_____ - Matthews - Marner
Bunting - Tavares - Nylander
Kerfoot - - - Kampf - - - Kase
Simmonds - Spezza - Gabriel

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Oh man I was listening to a Leafs podcast with Seigel and Mirtle. Seigel literally said "You can argue Matthews is the best player in the NHL" lol. This was yesterdays podcast. They also thought for sure Toronto would finish 4-7th overall in the NHL. I don't see it. I think their forward projected lines look like garbage after the "big 4".

They are really going to feel the loss of Hyman. Could see points decline from the 'big 4', not sure by how much

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Bunting will be interesting to watch, flash in the pan or a late bloomer? Who did they replace Bogosian with on the blueline?

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

It's communism. Great in theory but poor in practice

Just look at the political agendas going on in the US with Muslims and Africans the last few years

Said party can say X and be charged while said party Y can escape without consequence

It's an imperfect system and hopefully it doesn't get as bad here as it does the the US.

It blows my mind how the US is still considered the preferred destination for many players with all the nonsensical and illogical bs going on and boiling over into the streets and into their educational system

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

There's a decent chance the Leafs don't even finish top-3 in the Atlantic. Tampa-Florida-Boston all look better than them.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
There's a decent chance the Leafs don't even finish top-3 in the Atlantic. Tampa-Florida-Boston all look better than them.

Bos? They lost Kreji and Coyle or Studnicka is their #2 C, w/ Smith as wing. That's a Minny scenario all over again.

That 2nd line and d got alot weaker .

Tampa looks weaker too

Fla is scary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad