Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Nurse Extension is $9.25M x 8 Years (Friedman, Rishaug)

What is the Max AAV That You'd Be Fine With For Nurse?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
They'll have around 5.5 after signing Yamamoto. They'll need to somehow re-sign Pulju, a starting goalie, and round out their roster with 2 or 3 more guys using that money. It's going to be . . . interesting.
This sort of relies on none of our prospects making any jumps though. We could see a bit of a cheap influx of players on ELC's in the next few years. I wonder if this is part of why they're just throwing money around to lock up their targets.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
~$7.5M for Pulju, Yams, McLeod. We're really only screwed if a broken Klefbom decides he wants to play again. Use some picks to move Kassian and/or Keith if there's a goalie available.

DbGdQu2.png

There’s also a reasonable chance that Pulju doesn’t earn that much either.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
In my opinion, that's insane. Players don't leave money on the table to win, I don't buy that. They may take less money to have security or other factors that make it a team friendly deal. But no player in the prime of their career leaves money on the table to win. I could be wrong, but I can't think of an example.

McDavid could have taken the oilers for more no doubt, but he's unique because there's no market value for him, he doesnt have comparables. He basically picked his own cap hit to maximize earnings while not cutting the feet out from under the team.

100% - remember that McDavid was an RFA. If he hit the market then multiple teams would be offering him league max deals.

Reactions: Oilhawks and nabob

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
This sort of relies on none of our prospects making any jumps though. We could see a bit of a cheap influx of players on ELC's in the next few years. I wonder if this is part of why they're just throwing money around to lock up their targets.

Even if they do make the jump, there's not enough money. Someone has to get moved out. Kassian makes the most sense, but it still may not be enough.

I'm also so traumatized by recent Oiler history that I assume prospects won't make the leap than to take for granted that some will.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Even if they do make the jump, there's not enough money. Someone has to get moved out. Kassian makes the most sense, but it still may not be enough.

I'm also so traumatized by recent Oiler history that I assume prospects won't make the leap than to take for granted that some will.
Between Kassian and Koskinen that would be almost 8 million right there to cover a few ELC players. Will definitely take some.maneuvering but if we get a few cheap impact prospects I think it'll come easier than we might think. Take out Russell and that's almost 10 mil. Though I guess all that goes to Nurse after next year so maybe I'm way off haha

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Between Kassian and Koskinen that would be almost 8 million right there to cover a few ELC players. Will definitely take some.maneuvering but if we get a few cheap impact prospects I think it'll come easier than we might think

Koskinen isn't on the team next year, so that 7.5 number includes him coming off the books. One thing I forgot was Klefbom's LTIR, which will push the available cap to 11M. That's more manageable but it'll still be tight if they need to sign a starting goalie and/or Pulju has a big year.

Reactions: GOilers88

Brown Cat

Hates OP
Jan 7, 2021
Koskinen isn't on the team next year, so that 7.5 number includes him coming off the books. One thing I forgot was Klefbom's LTIR, which will push the available cap to 11M. That's more manageable but it'll still be tight if they need to sign a starting goalie and/or Pulju has a big year.

Kassian becomes much easier to move next year too. Same with possibly Keith (though much harder). We have options and Hollands has to be shrew next summer.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Again, we don't know if Nurse is able to elevate the play of those around him because he essentially only plays with the best players.
No he doesn’t holy man! He plays 28 plus minutes a night. McDavid and Leon don’t play that much

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Lol. I'm also banking on Duncan Keith making a large number of people eat crow. Though even if he is a solid top 4 for us I'm sure some will still complain about his money. Otherwise I'll eat enough for everyone.
He will and then majority of the fan base will kiss his behind

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
not sure.
had endless possibilities... maybe started at net and went out like most smart GMs do.
Goalies still a mess, defense not any better, 3C still a question mark but we sure got some wingers.

There was no rush to sign Keith especially if it was down to 2 teams. Could have waited til free agency.
Could have also let Nuge test free agency if we knew we had a good shot at both Hyman and Foegele at LW.
Ceci ?? no comment
Sign Keith? Sign him as a free agent?

Reactions: TB12

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
He will and then majority of the fan base will kiss his behind
They wait for him to miss one pass or misplay one scenario in the defensive zone and then act like it’s all he ever does. We have posters doing that with Nurse today, labeling him as a below average defensive Dman lol.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Really feels like there's only about 7-8 GMs in the league that actually are good at their job, everyone else is some blend of mediocre to average and a few are flat out terrible.

Think Holland is in that mediocre tier.
Yeah I guess HF posters should be GMs lol are you kidding me? These are professionals who have experience in hockey than any of us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad