Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Nurse Extension is $9.25M x 8 Years (Friedman, Rishaug)

What is the Max AAV That You'd Be Fine With For Nurse?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Where did I say he was a replacement player? I said he wasn't worth close to other guys. Not close to the same thing

Reactions: Little Fury

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
8.25. I would have chosen up to 8.49 if available. Out of respect Darnell needs to accept less than Leon.
I really don't see the big deal about what Draisaitl makes. He's going to get 2-3 million in a raise in a few years anyway. It's also an outdated contract with RFA years in it.

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
I'mma gon get roasted :)

But I think Darnell (again, who is one of my favorite players) is a 7ish million dollar player. I know he's going to likely get 9 because of the market, but I also think the 'market' is wrong and all of those contracts are going to hurt.

At 7.5 I have 100% faith he can live up to it. I have a good deal of faith that it will be a contract with value down the road (as a trading asset, or whatever).

Would I sign him at 9 in Holland's shoes. Yes, probably.

Man, what a complicated question.

I apologize in advance for pissing some of u off.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I really don't see the big deal about what Draisaitl makes. He's going to get 2-3 million in a raise in a few years anyway. It's also an outdated contract with RFA years in it.
Structure is crucial. You will never build a winner without it. Ever.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'mma gon get roasted :)

But I think Darnell (again, who is one of my favorite players) is a 7ish million dollar player. I know he's going to likely get 9 because of the market, but I also think the 'market' is wrong and all of those contracts are going to hurt.

At 7.5 I have 100% faith he can live up to it. I have a good deal of faith that it will be a contract with value down the road (as a trading asset, or whatever).

Would I sign him at 9 in Holland's shoes. Yes, probably.

Man, what a complicated question.

I apologize in advance for pissing some of u off.

I was thinking $7.5 or $8 X 8 before those other D got PAID.

I mean we have guys with many RFA years remaining making bank. Yes they are better than Nurse but holy crap are they ever getting bank. Hamilton was $9 X 7 as a straight up UFA. I would probably take Hamilton if given the choice of the two without roster considerations in place. We can give him that 8th year of security and if he really wants to win, he cannot hold our balls to the bandsaw on this deal. We've seen Barrie and RNH leave $ on the table, Smith in a sense as well. We know that Darnell is a leader on and off the ice on this team, and most of the time when stars squeeze out every penny they can, it backfires. If he gets $9 million and the D struggles, he is the guy that should be answering up for it like how Connor and Leon face all of the hard questions. That salary will ensure that until the cap really goes up, that our D will need ELC's on it and we will have to deal with rookie mistakes.

Reactions: Shathar

Phillybean

Aug 2, 2008
Kelowna
I agree with the other posters, I don't think Nurse is a 9 Million player and 7.5 is what I perceive his value to be. That said, in Hollands interviews he has made it clear that unlike some teams (Carolina for example) that put a hard number on a player, he is more in line with the attitude that the market dictates a players value. The market for similar plays to Nurse is currently in the 9 million range, so I expect anywhere from 8.5-9.5. Obviously would prefer the lower end of that, but Nurse has been a warrior for us so I'm happy for him to get paid.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Happily throwing an extra $500k-$1M at a handful of fringe players and then talking about trading the team's third most important player(by a country mile) over the same amount is a little mind boggling.

Who would these players be? Hyman? Ceci? I agree that you don't let a core piece shake loose over that $, but he has to understand that if he takes the Hamilton contract x 8, that it will really handcuff us over the next 2-3 seasons.

Reactions: Shathar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad