Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Nurse Extension is $9.25M x 8 Years (Friedman, Rishaug)

What is the Max AAV That You'd Be Fine With For Nurse?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I don't want to give these. I want to know what he has to do this year for you to give him credit as a successful second pairing guy. I feel like you're already giving my my answer without directly giving me an answer

If he can be in the black in shot attempts, shots, scoring chances and goals without much elite support and put up 0.5+ P/60, I'd consider that a win for this year. Your turn.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
He won’t be playing 23 mins/game and leading the team in ice time so yes it will be a reduced role

Keith averaged 17:12 5v5 and 2:42 on the PK last year. The guy whose shoes he'll be filling (Larsson) played 16:41 5v5 and 2:20 on the PK. So we're talking about shaving off easy PP time and a few seconds at other disciplines, so not really much of a reduced role, especially if Tippett continues to spoon feed Nurse and Barrie the primo McDrai minutes.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I mean you were pretty bullish on the team for most of the offseason, what broke you?
I wasn't bullish on the team really. I said I'm not going to freak out about things that haven't happened yet.

Most of the deals were fine. But the term on Hyman is disgusting, and Nurses overpay is gross and we didn't improve goaltending

Reactions: Little Fury

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
If he can be in the black in shot attempts, shots, scoring chances and goals without much elite support and put up 0.5+ P/60, I'd consider that a win for this year. Your turn.
Yeah I don't do advanced stats so if the majority of HF Oil agree with you that he was crap I'll gladly tip my cap to you.

Edit: So if Tippett deploys him with one of McDrai on the ice a lot he fails the test? Honest question.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
They'll have around 5.5 after signing Yamamoto. They'll need to somehow re-sign Pulju, a starting goalie, and round out their roster with 2 or 3 more guys using that money. It's going to be . . . interesting.

I'm thinking more and more that Yamamoto gets dealt. How fair of a trade would Yamamoto for Georgiev be?

Reactions: soothsayer

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I wasn't bullish on the team really. I said I'm not going to freak out about things that haven't happened yet.

Most of the deals were fine. But the term on Hyman is disgusting, and Nurses overpay is gross and we didn't improve goaltending

The forwards are a helluva lot better though.

But yeah, if we don't get at least conference or SCF apperance in the next 4 years...

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Yeah I don't do advanced stats so if the majority of HF Oil agree with you that he was crap I'll gladly tip my cap to you.

None of those are advanced stats, they're just shots and goals.

Edit: So if Tippett deploys him with one of McDrai on the ice a lot he fails the test? Honest question

I dunno how you can properly assess anyone who gets to play with the best player since Gretzky.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
None of those are advanced stats, they're just shots and goals.

I dunno how you can properly assess anyone who gets to play with the best player since Gretzky.
When you said in the black I just assume it's one of those graphs I see everywhere that I don't understand :DD

Reactions: Little Fury

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
There's been a lot of money tossed around, but the important thing is the whole cap.

Is Holland managing it okay?

To me it is hard to tell. Looking at capfriendly, it allows you to see how things line up down the line.

To me, it looks okay but the 2022-3 season doesn't work yet. There's only going to be 1 million in cap increase. The Sekera buyout will be in its last year (1.5 in dead cap). Keith is still here, but Koskinen's deal will be up.

It looks like what Holland really needs is a cheap, good goalie. Tough ask, but that would fix it.

The years after seem like it could work out well. I like how Ceci's deal and Neal's buyout end exactly when Draisaitl needs to be re-signed. There seems to be some method here. Of course, who knows if Bouchard/Holloway etc might need bigger raises than we think? We'll see

Reactions: Oilhawks

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Keith averaged 17:12 5v5 and 2:42 on the PK last year. The guy whose shoes he'll be filling (Larsson) played 16:41 5v5 and 2:20 on the PK. So we're talking about shaving off easy PP time and a few seconds at other disciplines, so not really much of a reduced role, especially if Tippett continues to spoon feed Nurse and Barrie the primo McDrai minutes.
So Nurse and Barrie will be taking the hard matchups and leaving Keith with softer competition

Reactions: Mr Positive

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
There's been a lot of money tossed around, but the important thing is the whole cap.

Is Holland managing it okay?

To me it is hard to tell. Looking at capfriendly, it allows you to see how things line up down the line.

To me, it looks okay but the 2022-3 season doesn't work yet. There's only going to be 1 million in cap increase. The Sekera buyout will be in its last year (1.5 in dead cap). Keith is still here, but Koskinen's deal will be up.

It looks like what Holland really needs is a cheap, good goalie. Tough ask, but that would fix it.

The years after seem like it could work out well. I like how Ceci's deal and Neal's buyout end exactly when Draisaitl needs to be re-signed. There seems to be some method here. Of course, who knows if Bouchard/Holloway etc might need bigger raises than we think? We'll see

It will be tight next season but they should able to make it work without too much fuss. They might have to move Kassian or something.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
To be fair the Primo McDrai minutes also come against the toughest competition.

Yes you are shaving "easy" minutes off but fatigue is real and cutting ice time in general gives a guy more energy to be better in those minutes.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
If Hamilton would have been acquired by Holland he would be singing his praises like he does on pretty much every single thing he has done this off season. Hamilton has what 7 seasons in a row of putting up atleast 39 points and has double digit goals for every one of those seasons but he's being carried lol. Mean while Nurse has 1 season above 39 points on his career and only 2 seasons where he put up 10 or more goals. Giving Nurse more than Hamilton after basically 1 year of being the top d man in a year where he got a fair bit of goals against a crappy Ottawa team.

Any other considerations when you evaluate d men other than points?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This would be so dumb and so Holland. Lets give up Yammo for another Talbot.
A starting golaie who did well here with a bad team and was moved after a rough 30 game start to the season and then bounced back the very next year to being a good goalie? For a small middle 6 winger?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I have to agree. The appeal of signing Hyman was not to have an expensive replacement to upgrade Yamomoto. It was to build the forward depth. We need to keep Yama and see how he fits in with the new group.

But at the same time, the Rangers like having their young Russian tandem. Having a high profile back up is proving to be more useful than was believed in the past. To get Georgiev, I'd think it has to be more than just futures going to the Rangers. They want to at least having a successful season on the table.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

If he became the Talbot of '16-17 that would be a great trade. I haven't seen enough of Georgiev to say what his worth is, but he's a RFA at seasons end and IMO adding a good young goalie, getting rid of Koskinen and adding a quality forward and 3LD likely leaves us better than with Yamamoto and without the rest.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I have to agree. The appeal of signing Hyman was not to have an expensive replacement to upgrade Yamomoto. It was to build the forward depth. We need to keep Yama and see how he fits in with the new group.

But at the same time, the Rangers like having their young Russian tandem. Having a high profile back up is proving to be more useful than was believed in the past. To get Georgiev, I'd think it has to be more than just futures going to the Rangers. They want to at least having a successful season on the table.

What if we could sign Palmieri and Chara to matching 1 year $2 million deals because of such a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad