Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: "Monkey Wrench"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Ok. Only minor deals, huh? Let's go:

Kassian for Nick Paul (Don't re-sign Paul, trade his rights if we can)

Barrie + for Soucy and Geekie

Archibald for Sekera

Hyman - McDavid - Yamo
Kane - Drai - Puljujarvi
Foegele - Nuge - Ryan
Paul - McLeod - Geekie

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Soucy - Sekera

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
martindriessen.gif
iu

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Ok. Only minor deals, huh? Let's go:

Kassian for Nick Paul (Don't re-sign Paul, trade his rights if we can)

Barrie + for Soucy and Geekie

Archibald for Sekera

Hyman - McDavid - Yamo
Kane - Drai - Puljujarvi
Foegele - Nuge - Ryan
Paul - McLeod - Geekie

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Soucy - Sekera
I love Sekera too, but I think his body is done.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Barrie for Soucy
2nd for Braun

or something Like that?
I’m fairly comfortable with the F situation, assuming Holloway can step up to add some depth punch down the stretch.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Got to be nerve wracking for some of these guys. Tomorrow is the last game some will play in Oilers silks.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
One could dream but imagine if Edmonton were able to get Debrincat 🤪🤪🤪
I'd deficate myself if that happened. :oops:

Getting Soucy and Paul would be a good deadline providing the trade value is acceptable. There's 0 chance we're getting Flurey and Lindholm so we'll just have to take what we can realistically get.

Reactions: Magnum23

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
I'd deficate myself if that happened. :oops:

Getting Soucy and Paul would be a good deadline providing the trade value is acceptable. There's 0 chance we're getting Flurey and Lindholm so we'll just have to take what we can realistically get.

Would be crazy if Holland pulled a 2013 Brooklyn Nets and got us both Debrincat and Kane. I know it will never happen but it’s fun to dream sometimes

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Would be crazy if Holland pulled a 2013 Brooklyn Nets and got us both Debrincat and Kane. I know it will never happen but it’s fun to dream sometimes
I was looking and thinking that NYR is the perfect landing spot for Kane, they can make it fit, have the assets and can reunite Kane and Panarin.

Reactions: Magnum23

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
If you had to rank the following goalies in terms of how aggressively you would pursue them, how would you put them? Depending on who you ask on HFB, their value can range from huge to you'd have to pay me to take them.

Hart
Blackwood
Gibson
Murray
Grubauer
Binnington
Mrazek
Quick

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
I think most of ya'll are aiming too high. I'd be happy with a Middleton type dman. Forsberg type to back up the goaltending. Run with that and see what we got

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
If you look at goal differential, which is generally a pretty good barometer of how good a team is, the Flames are absolutely contenders this year, along with the other three teams Button mentions. I know we’re all Oiler fans, but there’s a reason the Flames are in that conversation, they’ve had a really good year.

I think adding Paul and a defender will get this team into a really good spot to make a decent playoff run. I’m an optimist, but I’m getting a good feeling about them, they’re starting to put together some really good games, the analytics are trending positive for the first time in years, I think people are going to be shocked by how well the Oilers play down the stretch.
I won't be shocked because I've been saying for a while this is a playoff team and teams ahead of them were due for a shitstorm of injuries/slumps. The issue with the Oilers was bad coaching + injuries + playing a goalie who is past his prime that's quickly falling apart.

They fixed the coaching... and the injuries are slowly sorting themselves out (knock on wood more don't happen)… and the 3rd variable is the biggest issue which is playing Smith in net when he's a coin flip at best to put in a decent performance. He's too big of a gamble to continually have in net and Skinner-Koskinen is the better option... but of course the GM and coach have to see that and need to have the balls to say to Smith that for the good of the team he must take a MUCH reduced role in playing.

I definitely feel if they are healthy they can make a lot of noise in the playoffs and right now I think only the Avs are clearly better than them in the West which is their biggest obstacle to getting a shot at going all the way to the finals.

Last edited:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
If you had to rank the following goalies in terms of how aggressively you would pursue them, how would you put them? Depending on who you ask on HFB, their value can range from huge to you'd have to pay me to take them.

Hart
Blackwood
Gibson
Murray
Grubauer
Binnington
Mrazek
Quick

1 Skinner

2 Mrazek (bounce back candidate)
3 Quick
4 Binnington
5 Grubauer (another bounce back candidate)
6 Hart

7 Koskinen

8 Gibson
9 Blackwood

10 Mike Smith

11 Murray

That's how I'd rank those 8 in comparison to what the Oilers already have.

Skinner is better than all those choices though since he's already on the team and costs nothing in assets to retain.

I'd actually target either Stolarz or Driedger if they are available as I think both those goalies are good youngish goalies capable of becoming starters (even though Driedger is having a poor season this year).

Going forward with Skinner-Stolarz would be a great young duo imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad