Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: "JJ" - Jokinen signed. Any further moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
****ing Chiarelli, what are you doing.

Yeah it was a bad contract. Reinforces that Chia is a dope when it comes to negotiations. As I've been saying for the last week. These upcoming contracts for McDavid and Draisaitl aren't on them or their agents. They are going to be on Chiarelli and his inability to negotiate.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
If I'm not mistaken, the NMC portion in those final two years means he can't be sent down. We can still trade him, but he can select teams he either will, or wont go to

Yes that's correct. But Soundwave was arguing to trade Russell to Vegas next summer. We can't do that.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd just freaking move RNH for Noah Hanifin now then. We're probably just going to get bent over next summer when we inevitably have to dump him for cap.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

We don't have the money to keep RNH, and I'm not confident he'll have that great of a season because McLellan is too stupid to play him with McDavid.

We're screwed with his contract, he has to go. Honestly we need to hope Strome has a average season too because we can't afford him at 6 per if he has like a 55-60 point season.

It's just sad.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Yeah it was a bad contract. Reinforces that Chia is a dope when it comes to negotiations. As I've been saying for the last week. These upcoming contracts for McDavid and Draisaitl aren't on them or their agents. They are going to be on Chiarelli and his inability to negotiate.

Its an absolutely great contract to trade him after his third year and decent even after his second. Hopefully when Nurse develops enough to take over.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Its an absolutely great contract to trade him after his third year and decent even after his second. Hopefully when Nurse develops enough to take over.

The problem is Nurse is likely asking for $3.5-$4 per himself this time a year from now. It would be ok if Nurse's ELC wasn't up for 2-3 more years but that's not the case.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I'd just freaking move RNH for Noah Hanifin now then. We're probably just going to get bent over next summer when we inevitably have to dump him for cap.

Hanifin is a LHD, unless you're moving Nurse out in another deal there's really no point acquiring him.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
We don't have the money to keep RNH, and I'm not confident he'll have that great of a season because McLellan is too stupid to play him with McDavid.

We're screwed with his contract, he has to go. Honestly we need to hope Strome has a average season too because we can't afford him at 6 per if he has like a 55-60 point season.

It's just sad.

If McLellan is in fact smart enough to play RNH with McDavid I could see RNH getting at least 60 points. Then we can actually receive decent value for him in a trade. Otherwise, we're going to receive a Strome-like player for RNH which isn't nearly good enough for him IMO

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

It's just sad.

We don't even know where either contract is set at between McDavid and Draisaitl. Even if we're sitting close to $60m with the two of them signed next season RNH can still fit under the cap.

Unless this team goes to the finals this year and guys like Nurse, Caggiula or Benning play massive roles, I don't see a whole ton of big second contracts going out. Even Maroon isn't in a position to ask for the moon.

It's a little early to be hitting the panic switch just yet.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Wait, let me get this straight...

People actually think it's stupid to NOT play RNH and McDavid on the same line??

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We don't even know where either contract is set at between McDavid and Draisaitl. Even if we're sitting close to $60m with the two of them signed next season RNH can still fit under the cap.

Unless this team goes to the finals this year and guys like Nurse, Caggiula or Benning play massive roles, I don't see a whole ton of big second contracts going out. Even Maroon isn't in a position to ask for the moon.

It's a little early to be hitting the panic switch just yet.

Caggiula (2.5) McDavid (13.25) Draisaitl (8)
Lucic (6) RNH (6) Puljujarvi (0.985)
Slepyshev (1.9) Strome (3.5) Kassian (1.9)
Khaira (0.625) blank (1) blank (0.7)
13th Forward (0.7)

Klefbom (4.1) Larsson (4.1)
Nurse (4) Sekera (5.5)
Russell (4) Benning (2.5)
Gryba (0.9)

Talbot (4.1)
Broissoit (1)

1.3 million for Pouliot

= 78.56 million.

It's pretty freaking tight. We actively need to cheer for Puljujarvi and Strome to not do too well, lol. The cap rises to 77 or 78 maybe, but this is pretty stripped down as is. We can't actually afford any RFAs to have a good season on their contract year for a while, lol.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
13th Forward (0.7)

Nurse (4) Sekera (5.5)
Gryba (0.9)

Talbot (4.1)
Broissoit (1)

1.3 million for Pouliot

= 78.56 million.

It's pretty freaking tight. We actively need to cheer for Puljujarvi and Strome to not do too well, lol.

That's shows me Nuge needs to go for a RW less then 4 mill and Drai has to go 2C

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What has Slepyshev ever done to earn $2m? The kid has 10 freaking points in the NHL. I'm not even convinced he'll be on the roster for the entire season. Same goes for the Drake, except he's probably a mainstay on the third line. Nurse at $4m is a laugh, too.

You've shown me the pessimistic...

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
13th Forward (0.7)

Nurse (4) Sekera (5.5)
Gryba (0.9)

Talbot (4.1)
Broissoit (1)

1.3 million for Pouliot

= 78.56 million.

It's pretty freaking tight. We actively need to cheer for Puljujarvi and Strome to not do too well, lol.

Thats a dam good team!!! Actually crazy good team!

We have been spending to the cap and finishing 30th place the last how many years.

We will be fine.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Thats a dam good team!!! Actually crazy good team!

We have been spending to the cap and finishing 30th place the last how many years.

We will be fine.

It's also a team in trouble the next year when Puljujarvi needs to be re-signed and Talbot is off the books.

Unfortunately we are going to likely be dumping/losing a good player every summer for the next 2-4 years.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
What has Slepyshev ever done to earn $2m? The kid has 10 freaking points in the NHL. I'm not even convinced he'll be on the roster for the entire season. Same goes for the Drake, except he's probably a mainstay on the third line. Nurse at $4m is a laugh, too.

You've shown me the pessimistic...

A year ago most people would be howling in laughter at Draisaitl for 8 ... Oiler fans always on this board underestimate the actual cost for many of these players. Even my estimates which usually get called out for being "too high" end up being far lower than the actual numbers.

I remember I have Leon at 7 a few months ago and fans were saying "no way, what has he done to earn 7?! It will be lower than that, relax".

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
It's also a team in trouble the next year when Puljujarvi needs to be re-signed and Talbot is off the books.

Unfortunately we are going to likely be dumping/losing a good player every summer for the next 2-4 years.

If Nurse gets 4M he will be a top4 dmen, so We can cut one of the others loose to free up cap space to sign Talbot to a extension.

If Pulju pans out, we can move RNH, problem solved.

No contending teams get to keep all their players every year. Life of being sucessful. Im more excited to have 2 top 10 scorers on our team for the next decade. Wow cant actually believe how lucky we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad