Speculation: Rumors and Proposals Thread II | Gryba on a PTO & Contract Discussions with Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Would have to guess they'd like to boost their LD side.

This could set the roster for Oilers for a long time.

Yeah, good point. Don't see what Arizona would have to offer then, it won't be Goligoski which is the Oilers equivalent of Sekera since they just signed him.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Winnipeg will definitely prefer to trade him out East.

We'll give a good offer for sure though.

RinkRatOil

Aug 3, 2009
I'd be very wary of giving up nurse. I have this image of him being a solid, scary to play against D-Man. Not afraid to shed the mitts. I'd part with any of our d-core aside from nurse/klef/Larsson and add in what ever kickers that would be needed.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
What about Sekera at a retained cost and the 2017 1st?

Klefbom Larsson
Davidson Trouba
Nurse Fayne

We protect RNH, Eberle, Lucic, Draisaitl, Klefbom, Larsson, Davidson, Trouba, and Talbot

Sekera has a full NMC and isn't worth discussing at all

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Klefbom Larsson
Davidson Trouba
Nurse Fayne

We protect RNH, Eberle, Lucic, Draisaitl, Klefbom, Larsson, Davidson, Trouba, and Talbot

Sekera has a no movement clause. He won't be traded.

Honestly, I wouldn't trade Nurse in a deal for Trouba. Nurse is a protected asset in the expansion draft and he'll be a very good d-man in short time. Pair that with the fact we likely lose one of Davidson or Reinhart at the expansion draft in this instance and it's a double-whammy on our left side. Nurse, Reinhart and Davidson are going to be good players on affordable contracts over the next 4 or 5 years to help keep the cap down on the defense.

I think this is an opportunity to flip one of Davidson or Reinhart (and a lot more) in a deal for an answer on the right side. Both of these guys would have substantial value to Chevy who doesn't have much in terms of near-NHL-ready talent on the left side. The problem is we might lose multiple 1sts in a deal like that.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'd be very wary of giving of nurse. I have this image of him being a solid scary to play against D-Man. Not afraid to shed the mits. I'd part with any of our d-core aside from nurse/klef/Larsson and add in what ever kickers that would be needed.

Trouba might not drop the gloves, but he's just as physical as Nurse and is far better at actually playing hockey. It's not like he's way older either. They were drafted one year apart.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Trouba might not drop the gloves, but he's just as physical as Nurse and is far better at actually playing hockey. It's not like he's way older either. They were drafted one year apart.

For sure, imo we should not offer Klefbom, but Nurse is fair game in a trade for Trouba

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'd be very wary of giving up nurse. I have this image of him being a solid, scary to play against D-Man. Not afraid to shed the mitts. I'd part with any of our d-core aside from nurse/klef/Larsson and add in what ever kickers that would be needed.

Nurse is a prospect, maybe he'll be as good as Trouba one day. If that's what Winnipeg demands, Chia would be foolish to turn it down. Need to speed up the winning process with this being the 2nd year of McDavid's ELC and the expansion draft shouldn't come into play here, worry about that later.
However, I think there are teams who would beat that offer so it's a longshot at best.

RinkRatOil

Aug 3, 2009

True. I havent seen a whole lot of him either. I just have a weird soft spot for Nurse. But I'm truly down for anything that takes us to the post season and brings us Lord Stanley.

GET ELECTRIC

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Old news, back from May. Chia has already enquirer a long time ago, and if he was going to pull the trigger it would of been before Larsson

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Thinking outside the box, if Trouba's trade request is about playing the right side, it would be very shrewd for Chia to call up Chevy to see if Myers could shake loose. He'd cost significantly less and then cost significantly less salary-wise. Of course that would be all dependant on whether Chevy and Overhardt to patch things up afterward.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
True. I havent seen a whole lot of him either. I just have a weird soft spot for Nurse. But I'm truly down for anything that takes us to the post season and brings us Lord Stanley.

GET ELECTRIC
Yeah I have a weird hunch Nurse will be a monster sooner rather than later... Really leery of dealing him...

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba

Klefbom Larsson
Davidson Trouba
Nurse Fayne

How about **** no Sekera is better, Troubas just right handed.

RinkRatOil

Aug 3, 2009
Yeah I have a weird hunch Nurse will be a monster sooner rather than later... Really leery of dealing him...

Yeah I know. Thats the way I feel too. Part of that is because of the fights though. But fights dont win games.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Smart money is on Chayka stealing the show again. He's going to have the Coyotes absolutely fearsome sooner rather than later.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Smart money is on Chayka stealing the show again. He's going to have the Coyotes absolutely fearsome sooner rather than later.

People keep saying this, but aside from snagging Crouse who isn't going to be a star player, and getting poor value to take on the Dastyuk contract what has he really done? Trade a 5th round pick for a similar Dman to Sekera and signed him until he's 36?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad