Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread| Help Me Katz, Help, Help Me Katz, Help Me Katz Yeah Get Bob Out of Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Imo Tippett will be canned. Gulutzan interim coach, and perhaps permanent coach down the line

I dont know. If Tippett hasnt been fired by now, I'm not sure that he will be. Not sure it really matters anyway, Hollands probably waited too long. Though the Covid cancellations maybe have given hope because we would probably be further behind (points percentage wise) then we are currently if we had played more games.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I dont know. If Tippett hasnt been fired by now, I'm not sure that he will be. Not sure it really matters anyway, Hollands probably waited too long. Though the Covid cancellations maybe have given hope because we would probably be further behind then we are currently if we had played more games.
Imo it seems like we are around the amount of games lost to open the door to firing Tippett. It's still even a bit on the early end. He wasnt going to be fired for losing 5 games or so. I know fans are super quick to call for a coach's head but it takes a while

It depends how you look at it. But with a news conference now... I got to think it's for a reason. We are at a pivotal part of the season. We could miss the playoffs if nothing is done

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Imo it seems like we are around the amount of games lost to open the door to firing Tippett. It's still even a bit on the early end. He wasnt going to be fired for losing 5 games or so. I know fans are super quick to call for a coach's head but it takes a while

It depends how you look at it. But with a news conference now... I got to think it's for a reason. We are at a pivotal part of the season. We could miss the playoffs if nothing is done
The reason has been stated by the media. There are no games and the media needs something to write about so they begged him for a presser and he is doing them a favour.

Feb 9, 2013
Sounds like there is a serious chance we end up with Evander Kane.

Well, he would be our best winger by a country mile. Give him a 1-2 year deal and let him play. We are in dire need of scoring. Him and Holloway coming in could really change things down the stretch.

The question is, is Kane able?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

It's been stated before, but this press conference really is about nothing. Media requested it.

On top of that when is the last time a GM had something to announce at a press conference that was booked 24 hours in advance? In today's day and age if there was something to be announced it would be leaked before the press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad