Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread| Help Me Katz, Help, Help Me Katz, Help Me Katz Yeah Get Bob Out of Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
CombinedMeme 11012022002752.jpg

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If they don't have any qualms with signing Kane, they should've signed DeAngelo. At least he provides great hockey value.

Personally I would say no to both.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Sounds like there is a serious chance we end up with Evander Kane.

Well, he would be our best winger by a country mile. Give him a 1-2 year deal and let him play. We are in dire need of scoring. Him and Holloway coming in could really change things down the stretch.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Given his money problems. I expect he goes to the highest bidder, no matter the team.

I wouldn’t. He’s only gonna sign a 1 yr deal and it will only account for 1/2 a season’s pay. What would squeezing an extra $300k playing for Arizona do for him long term vs taking whatever the Oil offer and playing on either McD or Drai’s wing? He needs to pump his value heading to UFA in the summer when more teams have cash/flexibility. No better place than here.

Reactions: MessierII

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
It's about time this organization stops searching for intangibles and Team Canada Club connections and starts to figure out how to make the on-ice talent better with smart moves fitting the cap structure. Look at teams like Tampa, Colorado and Toronto with shred analytics teams always getting big value from their cheap depth guys. Then it's the incompetent teams taking their leftovers and overpaying them in free agency.

It's so Holland to go after that big name who exited his prime 5 years ago and is on a bloated contract. It's all about titles and name recognition.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
I think you ask Connor and Leon if they are okay with Kane joining the team. If they are, make a contract offer.

If he messes up, send him to the ECHL
This is one of the problems with the NHL. Having to ask players if it's OK if you can do your job. Talk about entitlement. Give Connor more shit to worry about.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I'm not totally against bringing Kane in one a 1 year, league min contract, but people should adjust their exceptions of what kind of player he is.

This is a guy that played with and struggled to mesh with guys like Scheiffle and Eichel. Kane isn't someone who can play a give-and-go game with an elite centre, he is a "get me the puck and I'll do it myself" kind of player, similar to someone like Duchene. That's not the type of player who's going to click with McDrai.

He needs a centre like Hertl, one that doesn't demand the puck. It's possible Nuge( along with Hyman) could fit that style, but this sound like a lot of roster balancing for a team that's already struggling with balance.

Drai-McDavid-Pulju
Kane-RNH-Hyman
Foegele-McLeod-Yams
Benson-Ryan-Kassian

or, let him drive the third line

RNH-Draisaitl-Hyman
Foegele-McDavid-Pulju
Kane-McLeod-Yams
Benson-Ryan-Kassian

Reactions: Proko88

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
If multiple teams are considering Kane he is going to be able to pick choose and demand. Expect him to be expensive.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Ignoring our personal dislike for Kane.
What would be the point of us signing Kane this year?
He would be an on ice improvement but we couldn't afford to bring him back next year, his on ice impact doesn't make up for our goaltending or lack of defensive ability.
So the org takes a negative PR hit to maybe be wildcard 1 instead of wildcard 2?

That would be the point.
From a financial and asset management perspective, it's a very very low risk move.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I'm not totally against bringing Kane in one a 1 year, league min contract, but people should adjust their exceptions of what kind of player he is.

This is a guy that played with and struggled to mesh with guys like Scheiffle and Eichel. Kane isn't someone who can play a give-and-go game with an elite centre, he is a "get me the puck and I'll do it myself" kind of player, similar to someone like Duchene. That's not the type of player who's going to click with McDrai.

He needs a centre like Hertl, one that doesn't demand the puck. It's possible Nuge( along with Hyman) could fit that style, but this sound like a lot of roster balancing for a team that's already struggling with balance.

Drai-McDavid-Pulju
Kane-RNH-Hyman
Foegele-McLeod-Yams
Benson-Ryan-Kassian

or, let him drive the third line

RNH-Draisaitl-Hyman
Foegele-McDavid-Pulju
Kane-McLeod-Yams
Benson-Ryan-Kassian
All Kane has ever done consistently in the nhl is score goals. He would easily be our best winger in terms of pure talent.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If covid was an issue for Kane, he would just sign with a team in Florida or Texas. Some southern state with lax views on vaccines, lock downs, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad