Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Grosenick on His Way to EDM - Dell Claimed by Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I thought Forsberg was a perfect signing especially in light of Holland missing on the big game hunt to upgrade at #1 goaltender position. And even moreso when the last contingency plan of Smith returning played out during the strong free agent game of musical goaltending chairs. Here we are week one and Smith is already appearing as missing on the back of milk cartons.

It's go time for Koskinen because there's a huge fall in the back up spot. Hope we get consistent game 2 Koski!!

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Been one of the top AHL goalies over the past couple of seasons.

Probably isn't anything special, but who knows? He hasn't really got an NHL chance yet.
Timing suggests Kings organization did him (and us) a favor by waiving him knowing he would get a shot at NHL in EDM.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Here's hoping he is better than Skinner and can be a #3. Anything above that is just gravy at this point. Glad this was sorted out quickly. Now obv don't waive him. Waive Chaisson or someone else instead if necessary.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Timing suggests Kings organization did him (and us) a favor by waiving him knowing he would get a shot at NHL in EDM.

I think it was because their backup(Petersen) was "unfit to play", but is returning now. They were at 22 on the roster and needed to make room for three guys coming off the Covid list.

I think they were hoping to get him on their taxi since they have a guy similar to Skinner as their #3G now.

Reactions: Samus44

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Here's hoping he is better than Skinner and can be a #3. Anything above that is just gravy at this point. Glad this was sorted out quickly. Now obv don't waive him. Waive Chaisson or someone else instead if necessary.

Chiasson or Khaira. Maybe waive both when Neal returns and recall Nygard for some speed on the wing.

Reactions: Porkleaker

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Been one of the top AHL goalies over the past couple of seasons.

Probably isn't anything special, but who knows? He hasn't really got an NHL chance yet.
Except for the fact that hes 31 and has been around the minors for 8+ years in two different organizations. Like has been said, hope that he’s a serviceable 3rd string option.

AsparaGus

Feb 16, 2020
So my source has said Chaisson is gone after this weekend for a Goalie .....MY source has been right in the last 5 years on his trade predictions once lmao
In other words, you don’t have a source given what just transpired.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
It's easy to like this pick up. Not only is he a great #3 option, although who knows with waivers this year, he's a guy who's never got a fair shake. Maybe he's that rare goalie who was stuck in the AHL but was really a solid NHL guy all along. I was never a fan of Forsberg and I think this guy could have a higher upside and legit push Smith given his AHL numbers. Keep in mind my opinion on Forsberg isn't that strong or knowledgeable and I'm just looking at the numbers for Grosenick. Hopefully Koskinen can get in done every second night for awhile and I think there's a chance in year 3 he takes a step forward and proves he can be a true #1. Once this fellow gets here they should give him every second game for a bit to rest Koskinen up if they're doing well.

Reactions: ujju2

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
In other words, you don’t have a source given what just transpired.

I believe that we are still looking at a long term solution in goal. That said a guy like Chiasson doesn't pull that unless you get lucky like the Erat for Forsberg deal. Does Washington have a good 3rd goalie?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Except for the fact that hes 31 and has been around the minors for 8+ years in two different organizations. Like has been said, hope that he’s a serviceable 3rd string option.

I'm not saying he's going to run away with the Vezina or anything.

Just that he has the chance to pleasantly surprise us with some decent backup play.

Reactions: ujju2

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It's easy to like this pick up. Not only is he a great #3 option, although who knows with waivers this year, he's a guy who's never got a fair shake. Maybe he's that rare goalie who was stuck in the AHL but was really a solid NHL guy all along. I was never a fan of Forsberg and I think this guy could have a higher upside and legit push Smith given his AHL numbers. Keep in mind my opinion on Forsberg isn't that strong or knowledgeable and I'm just looking at the numbers for Grosenick. Hopefully Koskinen can get in done every second night for awhile and I think there's a chance in year 3 he takes a step forward and proves he can be a true #1. Once this fellow gets here they should give him every second game for a bit to rest Koskinen up if they're doing well.

If Smith is out for awhile after the new guy's quarantine is up by then, he should be chomping at the bit to get into some NHL games.

Reactions: Samus44

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Waiver wire probably a better bet than signing Howard or spending assets on washed up or unproven goalie. Wish Holland had done something different in hindsight though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad