Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Deadline Edition 3.0, Down The Toilet The Dreams Go! Hall to Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Holland already explained that call ups only work if they play special teams otherwise you don't give them enough icetime.

Bouchard isn't coming in for Bear because Bear PKs and Bouchard doesn't. Unless Lagesson is coming back in, Bouchard doesn't draw in because you require 4D that regularly put time on the kill.

Though I'd like to see Benson, he'd have to come in on a scoring line at the expense of a guy like Kahun. And I don't think Tippett trusts him that much.

I feel like that's a strange comment considering the usage of some players on the team.

They have like five players who play 2nd/3rd line minutes at even strength and no special teams right now.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
I rather lose in 6 to one of those teams than spend assets on rentals and lose in 7

I rather they trade UFAs and lose in 5 then if they have the same attitude as you. Load up in the summer with the picks gained from the trades.

Barrie at 50% retained should get a first.

Larsson could get a second or third.

Chiasson could get a 7th lol.

Play the kids and let them get some "experience"

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
No you're not. Anytime someone suggest why it's better to wait to the offseason your response is pretty much "Holland sucks Oilers always fail so we will fail at that"

If they aren't planning on adding then they should trade Barrie, Nuge and any other pending UFAs today since they are expecting to lose anyway.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Holland already explained that call ups only work if they play special teams otherwise you don't give them enough icetime.

Bouchard isn't coming in for Bear because Bear PKs and Bouchard doesn't. Unless Lagesson is coming back in, Bouchard doesn't draw in because you require 4D that regularly put time on the kill.

Though I'd like to see Benson, he'd have to come in on a scoring line at the expense of a guy like Kahun. And I don't think Tippett trusts him that much.

Kahun has been mediocre in every way, Benson should be given a chance. Holland is not doing a good enough job with the forward group.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

If only there was another league where Bouchard could get ice time . . .

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
wow so much experience gained from 10 days of being in the playoffs!!!! I'm sure McDrai are super happy at the thought of that

heck, even if what you say happens to be true. come next year trade deadline, there will always be a sorry ass reason for not to do something. no team wins the Stanley Cup with their management staying pat at the trade deadline.
But you don't have to blow your load either.

2019 St Louis Blues - Added Del Zotto (depth defender)
2018 Washington Capitals - Added Jerabek (depth defender)

For example

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I rather they trade UFAs and lose in 5 then if they have the same attitude as you. Load up in the summer with the picks gained from the trades.

Barrie at 50% retained should get a first.

Larsson could get a second or third.

Chiasson could get a 7th lol.

Play the kids and let them get some "experience"

Agreed. If we don't think we are going to have a shot this year, I'd rather they UFAs away. The goal is to win a cup, not to get knocked out in the first round each year.

Reactions: EagerPug

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Would this current team have beaten the 2020 Blackhawks in a play-in round?
This current team would probably lose to this years Blackhawks in a 7 game series unless McDavid and Drai go 3 points/game. That is what they will have to do against Winnipeg because nobody else will be doing anything

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He's banging the "do nothing" drum. Optimism would actually be something but that's not what he's advocating.
Wat.

I'm saying if he makes no moves today it's not the end of the world cause it'll give him more assets and with that and capspace this summer he can make a mark.

Y'all are saying if he doesn't do anything today the sky is falling cause he will also fail in the summer lol

Reactions: TB12 and Cloned

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Reactions: CycloneSweep

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Wat.

I'm saying if he makes no moves today it's not the end of the world cause it'll give him more assets and with that and capspace this summer he can make a mark.

Y'all are saying if he doesn't do anything today the sky is falling cause he will also fail in the summer lol
Then go get more assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad